: 02-05 Lexus IS 300

STS127
12-26-06, 05:10 PM
Anybody ever drive one of these? I saw one at the bank a couple weeks ago and really liked it and have looked them up online and they seem to be really nice cars. The interior looks beautiful and I like the exterior styling aswell. From what I have heard they are a blast to drive with excellent handling and very strong brakes to go with it. Also heard the engine is in a way similar to a N*, smooth, quite and powerful. I am curious to know if this is all true.

dp102288
12-27-06, 11:21 AM
I have never driven one, but the other Lexus threads on this board have some good info on the current model as well as the upcoming models.

Personally, I don't like the exterior styling of the IS300.

darrelld
12-28-06, 06:42 AM
You can find a lot of info on www.clublexus.com. The IS300 was rated best in class for reliability by JD Power.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
12-28-06, 09:34 PM
Reliability was top notch, yup! But the driving experience sucked. No power, poor steering feel, and the design was tha junks.

dp102288
12-29-06, 08:40 AM
^^ Design of the exterior or the interior?

STS127
12-29-06, 04:11 PM
I'm a little surprised to hear that there wasn't much handling or power. Most of what I read said it had power and handled like a touring car. Although what I did read was from Lexus owners on Edmunds and Lexus forums so they may be a little biased. But I guess I'll have to drive one myself to see the power it has.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
01-03-07, 07:36 PM
^^^ IS300 is pretty slow for the money. Only has 215 hp, what do you expect? It handles ok, but it still doesnt have great feel.

Ive said before that if the IS350 had a stick, Id have bought it...and I dont like how it looks at all, even. The IS300 has a stick, and I wouldnt waste my time looking at one.

Blackout
01-05-07, 05:34 AM
The IS300 in stock trim is nothing special but the modability of this car is great. It uses the same engine from the Toyota Supra so there is PLENTY of aftermarket to get it to haul ass. My buddy back in high school had his all hooked up with a HKS turbo kit on it and that car was fast as hell.........until he flipped it