: Rear washer

Djacobs64
12-26-06, 04:45 PM
The rear washer on my 04 SRX doesn't work worth a dang. I assume the cover thats over the spray nozzle is supposed to fan the fluid over the window but all it does is squirt a little on the lower porton of the glass and the rest runs down the back of the vehicle. Anyone else have this problem? Wondering if I'm missing a part.

jgn
12-26-06, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately this is a bad design. I complained to the dealer. And they showed me all the new models have the same design.

Kauai 1
12-26-06, 07:53 PM
Yes, this is a common problem with the 04's; see early posts.
Mine did not work at all. The dealer repaired it, and it has worked for 2 years. However, it sprays a strong, pencil-stream to the top of the rear window, not a weak spray to the bottom as you report.
I suggest that you ask your dealer to research this matter, then do the complete repair.
Good luck!

MortnCyn
12-27-06, 06:39 AM
Our '04 had the problem. I fixed it using my small air compressor to force air thru the nozzle to clear a clog. Some as I recall had a kink in the hose that was the problem.

afg350ci
12-27-06, 07:10 AM
My rear washer shoots the water over the window onto the roof. Also, my rear wiper gets stuck half way. Any thoughts?

Smokin' SRX
12-27-06, 11:39 AM
Common complaints heard here many times! Some members had the blue fluid leak inside hatch as hose was off the nozzle, internally!! I recall dealer fixing and acknowledging prob in almost every case. Or de-clog nozzle as some stated yourself! But wiper getting stuck half-way is new to me. Under warranty? Dealer!

PERK
12-27-06, 03:42 PM
Took my /04 V8 AWD in for rear washer not working and dealer noted it as repaired...now shoots fluid over the roof and hits windshield without touching the rear window ("lets see the Germans do that")...there is no obvious correction , but will keep trying..PERK

Smokin' SRX
12-27-06, 05:38 PM
Took my /04 V8 AWD in for rear washer not working and dealer noted it as repaired...now shoots fluid over the roof and hits windshield without touching the rear window ("lets see the Germans do that")...there is no obvious correction , but will keep trying..PERK

Obviously the buttons for front and rear wash are reversed! :)

BANK
12-28-06, 10:40 PM
As you are aware the rear window gets fairly mucked up with rain and dirt creating a visibility issue. It is esential that GM design and manufacture a suitable RWSW and washer unit.

The last dealer was to order a new wiper motor unit, never heard from them and they never returned my call.

This is my third rainy season with no RWSW and washer.

ewill3rd
12-29-06, 07:56 AM
Insufficient or No Fluid/Spray From Rear Window Washer on Lift Gate (Check for Proper Hose Connection or Replace Nozzle) #04-08-43-002A - (07/01/2004)

Models: 2004 Cadillac SRX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add another condition. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-08-43-002 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition 1
Some customers may comment that the rear window washer is inoperative.

Cause 1
A chemical from the hose may have plugged the wiper nozzle.

Correction 1
Important: Do not twist the nozzle when removing or it may break. Grasp the nozzle with a pair of pliers and pull straight off.

Replace the washer nozzle. If the nozzle end breaks off, use an airdrill motor with a 2 mm (3/32 in) drill. Using light pressure, rapidly trigger the switch so that the drill bites into the remaining part of the nozzle and pull out. The broken nozzle piece is about 14 mm (1/2 in) long. Flush the system by activating the washer.

Condition 2
Some customers may comment that the fluid spray from the rear window washer is not sufficient.

Cause 2

This condition may be due to the rear window washer hose being disconnected, pinched/kinked at the headliner to lift gate connection located at the upper RH corner of the lift gate hinge panel.

Correction 2
Open the lift gate.
Disconnect the washer hose and wiring harness grommet from the upper RH corner of the lift gate hinge panel.
Carefully pull back the grommet to access the washer hose (1).
Check the rear window washer hose (1). Ensure the hose is properly connected and NOT pinched or kinked.
Connect the grommet to the upper RH corner of the lift gate hinge panel.
Close the lift gate.
Verify proper operation.
Parts Information
Part Number
Description

Nozzle R/WDO Washer

If the spray goes over the roof you can adjust the small steel insert in the nozzle. Just use a pin or something, stick it inside the opening and then aim it towards the glass.
If it sprays too low or high just move it until it sprays on the glass just above the midpoint.

donjumpsuit
12-29-06, 11:49 AM
honestly, mine didn't work at first and I just obsessivly kept using it and pushing it until it worked just fine, kind of like it needed to be primed or something, but I imagine that was because it was brand new. Seems you have lots of solutions to try with everyone elses suggestions

PERK
12-29-06, 05:27 PM
Thanks ewill3rd "you are the man"...with your excellent advice and my pin we just saved Cadillac hundreds of $ in service costs..PERK

ewill3rd
12-29-06, 07:13 PM
LOL,
I had one that I did that on, but I always recheck my work.
I hit the button and washed the glass roof instead of the back window... after I got done laughing I realized you could aim the steel insert.
Heck, it might be a fun gag to play on someone to aim it all weird and have them watch your washer while you douse them! :D
Of course I would never condone such an action.... :histeric: