: Ls6 Block For Sale...

Chef
12-26-06, 01:23 PM
Selling my LS6...Excellent condition with low miles...

e-mail me if interested.

Will post pics in the appropriate area when I get the car back.

chefsv8u@cox.net

JRoller
12-26-06, 03:09 PM
Chef,

Are you going with the low compression build up that Jason @ AZPower was telling me about? :worship:

04CTSVFLA
12-26-06, 03:28 PM
an ls6 block is in good condition even if you have had it maggied almost its whole life, and you track it very often.....umm ok.

The Tony Show
12-26-06, 03:32 PM
My Miata was supercharged and dog-whipped daily for three years, including track days, and that baby was clean as a whistle when I pulled it apart to replace the lifter shims.

Driven hard doesn't always equal abuse- In some cases, it's preferrable. No carbon buildup.

Chef
12-26-06, 03:33 PM
an ls6 block is in good condition even if you have had it maggied almost its whole life, and you track it very often.....umm ok.

Well taken care of and the maggie is still very very new. ( a couple thousand miles at best) I'll hold on to it though. Track time is sadly not very often enough that's why I'm upgrading. Thanks for your concern.

Chef

The Tony Show
12-26-06, 03:36 PM
I can't wait for the skinny on what's going in there. Something that is tasked with replacing an LS6 must be something special.

Chef
12-26-06, 03:36 PM
My Miata was supercharged and dog-whipped daily for three years, including track days (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#), and that baby was clean as a whistle when I pulled it apart to replace the lifter shims.

Driven hard doesn't always equal abuse- In some cases, it's preferrable. No carbon buildup.

:werd:

Chef
12-26-06, 03:40 PM
Should know by the next week or so as to the build....

rand49er
12-26-06, 03:42 PM
:hmm:
:gossip:
:band:

Florian
12-26-06, 03:56 PM
go get em Cheffo!

F

Kadonny
12-26-06, 04:41 PM
I smell big horsepower.

onebadcad
12-26-06, 05:14 PM
I smell big horsepower.

I also smell a blown rear-end:stirpot: , but I think he will also address this issue:cool2: .

heavymetals
12-26-06, 05:26 PM
Chef=Blitzer

DILLIGAF
12-26-06, 09:48 PM
You should keep that motor Chef!If you do a build and plug 10 to 15g in an engine you'll lose your ass if you sell the car.A new motor can go with you after the V is gone,besides that motor isn't worth 2 grand IMO.LS6's are very affordable now.

thebigjimsho
12-26-06, 10:10 PM
You should keep that motor Chef!If you do a build and plug 10 to 15g in an engine you'll lose your ass if you sell the car.A new motor can go with you after the V is gone,besides that motor isn't worth 2 grand IMO.LS6's are very affordable now.Seeing what he's spent on his V in a very short period of time, I don't think he's worried about a few $$$.

DILLIGAF
12-26-06, 10:19 PM
You could very well be right Jim,but if thats the case why worry about selling the stock motor?Put a 300 shot on that thing Chef,that ought to put you over 600rwhp for sure.

Silver Dollar
12-26-06, 11:03 PM
I also smell a blown rear-end......

I bet that doesn't smell very good. As a matter of fact, I bet it smells like ass.

The Tony Show
12-26-06, 11:26 PM
I bet that doesn't smell very good. As a matter of fact, I bet it smells like ass.

*rim shot* :highfive:

(I said shot, so don't even think about it.....:histeric:)

Chef
12-26-06, 11:35 PM
You could very well be right Jim,but if thats the case why worry about selling the stock motor?Put a 300 shot on that thing Chef,that ought to put you over 600rwhp for sure.

I'll be nearly at 560 rwhp with motor only - the plan is a multiple choice of: 200 shot, nos, sts tt, twin procharger & a Billet Dana 44 rear...Not to mention all the other goodies...Hell, I may just do it ALL:alchi:

P.S. ---I'm just a cook so I'm not rich by any means and I have 3 young kids and a lovely wife who doesn't work:shhh: ...

What you put into life one must get a little something back?...

Any lifestyle that you're into should reflect your passion...If you're going to go...go big!

It's all good...