: i cracked the bellhousing!!!!how does this happen

starfox86
12-26-06, 09:23 AM
so i took her in this morning and i get a call saying i cracked the bellhousing and that it wasnt going to be warrenteed. so it was going to cost me around 1300 dollars. I'm like HOLY CRAP, so i was like ok, i guess i have no choice :banghead: .......but then they called me back saying the service manager looked at it saying it shouldnt have happened and that it will be warrenteed. I was like, wow, thank you lord! so, I guess thats my big christmas present. a new transmission. I'm so happy!:cloud9: ...
i think im going to treat her like a baby now:hide:

BIG PROPS TO VAL WARD CADILLAC IN FORT MYERS, FL!!!!!!!

Drift-caddy
12-26-06, 10:11 AM
UMMM, have you run anything over no matter how slight you thought it was?? has the trans been out for any reason. ie clutch?? and what made you bring it in?? did u hear a noise?? some more info would be nice.

nikon
12-26-06, 10:34 AM
UMMM, have you run anything over no matter how slight you thought it was?? has the trans been out for any reason. ie clutch?? and what made you bring it in?? did u hear a noise?? some more info would be nice.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/93960-omg-i-something-up.html

starfox86
12-26-06, 11:13 AM

yeah, refer to the thread posted in the last post. i've never had the tranny removed or anything done. theres 21,300 miles on the car..i've had to replace two rear ends. and then i have the UUC shifter...thats all. i'm begining to think i suck at driving stick.lol:duh:

and btw, drift caddy, ur dado right? ....ive seen that teckedemics video a million times ..the one where you drive the orange lambo and reck the infiniti suv in the desert., gotta say its pretty sweet. nice work. :bows:

dvandentop
12-26-06, 12:41 PM
idk how a high speed run could damage the bellhousing, i guess they might find more damage once they tear things apart.

The Tony Show
12-26-06, 01:00 PM
It could be a lot of things. If something came loose in the tranny at high speed, something's got to give.....

Caderac
12-26-06, 02:21 PM
theres 21,300 miles on the car.. i've had to replace two rear ends .... i'm begining to think i suck at driving stick.
:2thumbs:

heavymetals
12-26-06, 02:42 PM
Sorry bout your car.

First bell housing I have heard of that went south.:eek:

Sounds like you have a great service dept.:thumbsup:

I would find out what the service manger and the tech like to drink.

Dado DTM
12-26-06, 09:08 PM
and btw, drift caddy, ur dado right? ....ive seen that teckedemics video a million times ..the one where you drive the orange lambo and reck the infiniti suv in the desert., gotta say its pretty sweet. nice work. :bows:

Damian would be under drift-caddy. Thanks though, that FX was pretty fun to drive err I mean jump :)