: Prices for 04 EXT

luxy60
12-25-06, 11:04 PM
I'm interested in an 04 EXT with 27K Miles. The truck is pretty loaded with moonroof, Navi/ DVD and looks to be in really nice shape. The dealer is asking 33900. The Edmunds, Kelly and NADA sites have a retail value anywhere from 35K (Edmunds) to $40K (Kelly). I'm just looking for actual purchase prices to compare against. I'd like to get it for 30K or less. I think that would be a decent deal??

Comments?

Also, anything to be aware of or check out on the 04 EXT before purchase?(just saw the tailgate recall thread)

Thanks,
Luxy

Rolex
12-25-06, 11:39 PM
Edmunds vehicle valuation calculator is reasonably accurate. That will give you an [accurate] estimate of the vehicle's wholesale value, person to person value, and retail value (taking into account the optional equipment, mileage, and regional adjustments). Assume the dealer paid wholesale value or slightly less on a trade or at auction and begin to negociate from there.

Kelly Blue Book is a tool for dealers IMHO. Used car dealers use it to overprice vehicles to sell to suckers, and underprice vehicles they're trading on. I wouldn't even allow the mention of KBB prices if I were you. Good luck.

ETA: Edmunds should also have the "what other people are paying" price listed.

pimp-cadi-danny
12-26-06, 01:12 PM
sounds like a pretty good deal.i just got a 03 ext certified with 26k miles no nav for 30k

EXTadic
12-26-06, 02:54 PM
I'm interested in an 04 EXT with 27K Miles. The truck is pretty loaded with moonroof, Navi/ DVD and looks to be in really nice shape. The dealer is asking 33900. The Edmunds, Kelly and NADA sites have a retail value anywhere from 35K (Edmunds) to $40K (Kelly). I'm just looking for actual purchase prices to compare against. I'd like to get it for 30K or less. I think that would be a decent deal??

Comments?

Also, anything to be aware of or check out on the 04 EXT before purchase?(just saw the tailgate recall thread)

Thanks,
Luxy

Good luck.. I'm planning to sell my 04 within the next couple of months. It has about 38k mi and I won't let it go for under $35k with the wheels.

pimp-cadi-danny
12-26-06, 03:00 PM
luxy,goto cars.com to get an idea what they are really going for.thats how i know i got a great deal

luxy60
12-26-06, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys. Just wanted to get an idea. The dealer isn't a Caddy dealer (Chevy) so if he is into the car right I might get a decent deal.

Ext good luck with your sale. Private sale is the best way to go if you can wait. It might take a while to get your number but you can always reduce the price if the markets moved. Dealers don't like to sit on anything too long particularly a high line car.

There are lots of used Lades out there to compare prices but not a whole lot of EXT's.

Pimp, thanks....I'll check out Cars.com.

Zpak
12-28-06, 10:25 PM
I have a 2004 EXT Silver with those options NAV/Moon Roof and the tow pkg. (no dvd though) 18k miles and stock chrome wheels and a set of 4 Cadillac 20 in. wheels with a Corsa exhaust and I am being offered 30K for a trade in for 2007 MB 550SL.
They are offering me invoice less my trade..but I think I am being taken advantage of..don't you think?

luxy60
12-29-06, 08:08 PM
Based on the asking retail prices I'm seeing I don't think that is a horrible trade in offer. Was that a first offer without any negotiation? If you want to get much better you'll probably have to sell it yourself which shouln't be difficult given the options and low mileage.