: Transmission lag 03 Esclade ESV

Robert Saunders
12-25-06, 10:53 PM
I have 2 2003 Escalades, one ext purchased used at 40,000km and the other an ESV purchased new.
Both have 78,000km. The EXT has good acceleration, but the engine vibrates at speeds over 150km (so not a big problem).
The real problem is the ESV. On a couple of occasions when slowing down for a stop sign and not quite stopping, sudden acceleration produced no throttle response until a moment later the transmission engaged and I thought something would be left on the road. I am careful (should not have to be) with the accelerationfrom partial stops. The problem as well is that when I corner at 15 to 20km/hr and apply throttle, there is a lag like the transmission is not engaed and with more throttle it picks up again. The EXT has no problem.

The dealer says that they can not duplicate the fault. I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem.

The car will be out of warranty soon. I like the vehicle but think that I will have to protect myself with an extended warranty. Any thoughts?

Loaded2007Escalade
12-26-06, 12:57 PM
I think the dealers are full of it, I just traded in my 2007 AWD Escalade and it did the same thing, if I stopped quickly it felt like it was still in a higher gear and I would have to give it more peddle until it would finally downshift and go.

I gave it to the dealer three different times for this and traction control issues.

I still loved the car LOL.

Sta11ion
12-27-06, 02:16 PM
Sorry but this is what it is, mine does the same thing alot do after the km are on the truck the weak link is the tranny. Only thing I could suggest is a flush and filter change dont waste your money on synthetic thou just change it and it will improve a little

Sta11ion
12-27-06, 02:17 PM
you can add a little of purple or ams oil improved oil not alot maybe 250 ml but I believe its actually type f transmission fluid

Robert Saunders
12-30-06, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the input. I have taken a GM extended warranty to carry me for 3 more years or 60,000km. (About $1,500.00 per year) Aside from the $100.00 deductible, I will sleep better after seeing some of the drivetrain problems that I am reading about and knowing that my time is coming.

benamaster
12-30-06, 10:56 PM
Not the best thing to do but the Predator Programmer I used on my 2003 ESV makes the transmission shift better.

Rolex
12-31-06, 08:27 PM
Most people consider the extended warranty a poor financial decision. I have had extended warranties on my last 3 vehicles (all GM). I consider them a sound "insurance policy." If you sell early you'll be able to recoup part of the cost in the form of a pro-rated refund.

Good decision to be covered with a warranty, and you saved some $$$$ buying before the factory warranty ran out. If the tranny goes now, you can smile knowing that you will only be out of pocket the amount of the deductible.

62,298 trouble free miles on my 03........but I'm fully covered if it all goes to pot. My .02. :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the Cadillac Forums Robert. The closest knit group of Cadi lovers on the net. :D