: Granny launch numbers?

HiTechRV
12-25-06, 02:07 PM
What kind of 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile numbers can a stock V get without sidestepping the clutch or burning off a bunch of F1 rubber? I was guessing maybe 5.1s and 13.8s?

Z06-PWRD
12-25-06, 02:30 PM
13.8 is about right with a decent driver and no launch.

Drift-caddy
12-25-06, 03:28 PM
:thepan: :thepan: What the point of 400hp V8 6Sp if you cant side step the clutch and burn tires. :alchi: SO far worst time is a 12.36@117 best time 12.09@119mph. Now its 5k and clutch drop time

stkshkr
12-25-06, 05:10 PM
:thepan: :thepan: What the point of 400hp V8 6Sp if you cant side step the clutch and burn tires. :alchi: SO far worst time is a 12.36@117 best time 12.09@119mph. Now its 5k and clutch drop time

That's not a stock V is it? Highest MPH I've seen for stock, that's what I'm getting with the Maggie. Shifting at 7500 or something?

Drift-caddy
12-25-06, 05:21 PM
That's not a stock V is it? Highest MPH I've seen for stock, that's what I'm getting with the Maggie. Shifting at 7500 or something?

GD 7500?? wtf. You are telling me you are still making power at 7500?? No this car is maggie and LT. made only 456rwhp on Mustang dyno. Unless you have heads and cam you are running crazy high rpm... I shift at 6600 maybe 6800 if im lazy. You have meth??

stkshkr
12-25-06, 09:22 PM
No.. I thought your car was somewhat stock and the only way I could figure you were getting that MPH was at 7500....LOL. I shift at 6500 and yes I've got Meth

atdeneve
12-25-06, 10:03 PM
Oh, only 456 at the wheels?!? That's just so anemic, it's almost pitiful! Sheesh! Well, I guess every car has to ultimately measure up to this Black Nasty you're always referring to? And, really, what the hell is Black Nasty anyways? Huh!?!

Heh, Christmas spirits fill me. What I mean to say is, what mods have been done to the vehicle - this black nasty of yours? And, these vehicles that you speak of, are they yours or are they customers' (and they really let you just flog them like that)?

Man, you've really gotta, at least, try to give us some more info, ya know, just to give us a better idea of these projects that you present - or halfway present. It'll be like, "Okay guys, 5K clutch drop, 572 hp, the best suspension set up for the V, and, yeah, we kick azz", followed by an image picturing some shocks lieing on a table, along with what seems to be nothing more than a stock diff and a couple turbine housings thrown in for good measure.

What!?! What the fruck was that! It's like, is that all for one project/vehicle or are these all different things going on at the same time? And what of the shocks; what of the differential; what of that turbine assembly so casually propped up next to these other goodies (is that a turbo for the V or is it the procharger)?

What the hell is going on? I mean, you've got to know that danglin that kind of info/images in front of us without giving us any further insight/details/specs is like, well, it's just cruel. Either spill the beans or don't bring it up at all. Well, no, don't do that. Do share, but don't tease. It's not nice. So do as momma taught and play nice. Jah? Tenju.

Drift-caddy
12-25-06, 10:31 PM
LOL, Black Nasty is a cust V who was brought to me to be fixed. We have run into many issue with this car. Some other shop started the work, well what they said the car had it does not. So when have had to go through the car and restart alot of what was done. 14lbs of boost and stock fuel pump and 38psi injectors=:hide: So we had to upgrade the injectors, we did and still had a fuel issue. So we take the tank down and it has a stock fuel pump. Now we have a new pump going in. Well got that togther and now the after market clutch is not liking it. Take out the trans and guess what, yep stock clutch. :helpless: So upgrade clutch and spacer been installed. We have a lof of work to do around the shop and had to schedule it in. Good part and bad part, we have a lot of work todo around the shop. Many other cars to work on. So now that the vacation is almost up we can get back on it. The shocks. are in there 3rd phase. We are not going to sell the best shock every made with out testing them and making sure there are no problem. There are compaines out there that will rush to production to make a $$ but then there are problem with them. So untill everything is set we will only have a tease here and there. The silver V is not been Flogged on without the cust knowing about it. Then again i recall the owner of this V have a black Camaro with the NOS bottle hooked up while we had his car. yes we gave him a 10sec loaner car. If you want to see more you can stop by the shop or come out to the track day and watch. There have been a few V owner come out and see the Black V. So dont be afraid to stop by. As far as the Turbo in the back ground i dont think anyone will have the :sneaky: to put on in V. That lil turbo is going on a shop car. We should be on the dyno this week and look to make 1k hp and then to the track on Saturday.