: Getting a 77' Deville

BlacKJesuS
12-25-06, 05:02 AM
First off.....HI :D.....new to the forums and i had a few questions....

Im looking to purchase one of these cars and i was wondering what are some common problems with them so i know what to look for.

After looking at the car (by no means a professional) i saw there was rust by the back taillights (ive seen this on alot of these cars)....is this alot of money to repair???

with 150,000 miles on it....how much should the car be going for?

BlacKJesuS
12-25-06, 07:28 PM
*crickets*

Highway Star
12-25-06, 07:51 PM
From what I've seen of these cars (77-79), they hold up pretty well to rust. Much better than some of the earlier models. It all depends on what they've been subjected to over the years. The 425 is said to be a great engine. Never had a prob with the one in my old '77 Eldo long ago. Haven't had my 79 Coupe all that long, but it runs like a charm.

As far as money goes, I've seen recent examples as low as several hundred bucks, up to $25K. Are you getting a coupe or sedan (or Fleetwood)?

BlacKJesuS
12-25-06, 09:10 PM
thanks for the reply...ive been waiting :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-DTS-1977-Cadillac-Coupe-DeVille_W0QQitemZ290064790563QQihZ019QQcategoryZ61 46QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ill be getting the coup..same color as the one in the auction...just not that car....

its in the low hundreds for the price so im REALLY looking forward to it

BlacKJesuS
12-26-06, 03:32 AM
From what I've seen of these cars (77-79), they hold up pretty well to rust. Much better than some of the earlier models. It all depends on what they've been subjected to over the years. The 425 is said to be a great engine. Never had a prob with the one in my old '77 Eldo long ago. Haven't had my 79 Coupe all that long, but it runs like a charm.

As far as money goes, I've seen recent examples as low as several hundred bucks, up to $25K. Are you getting a coupe or sedan (or Fleetwood)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Cadillac-Coupe-DeVille_W0QQitemZ290064790563QQihZ019QQcategoryZ61 46QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats the car im getting.....but someone elses auction....im getting mines for a couple hundred and i thank you for lending me the information....peace