: ManaFlow 15734 exhaust kit. Too loud for 2002 6.0L?

jrhoads23
12-25-06, 03:14 AM
Hello, I just got this kit for Christmas and have not installed it yet on my 2002 6.0L. After reading some posts about it, some people believe that it has too much interior noise. Upgrading from stock, I obviously expect some more interior noise, but I still want to be able to talk to someone else in the car or on the phone without having to compete with the exhaust. I had a custom exhaust w/ K&N FIPK on my 5.9L Jeep Grand Cherokee and wasn't too loud for me.
It definetly sounds like the overall consensus for exhausts is the Corsa Touring, but right now that is out of my price range. So I either have to decide to install the Magnaflow or keep the stock.

Has anyone had personal experience riding in a 6.0 with one of these that can give me some input?

P.S. I also got a K&N FIPK for my Escalade which also sounds like it adds a lot of interior noise :(

TheCaddyKidd
12-25-06, 03:57 AM
i personall do not have experience with an exhaust in the escalade but have driven in many vehicles with Magnaflow exhausts and alot of time there is a lot of interior noise.. you may be able to throw some dynomat sound deadner to try and keep some noise out.. every vehicle is different and every exhaust is different.. even if its the same manufacturer.. it also depends on the person.. but my experience with magnaflow is it is kind of loud.. i had it on my durango and cruising i had to talk louder.. wasnt that big of a deal.. driving around town wasnt bad but once cruising its loud..

caddygranny
03-30-07, 05:43 PM
I have a dual flowmaster with a single exhaust tip out the side, HATE IT! Too loud for me. I'm going back to the stock exhaust for my 02, if I can find one.

jrhoads23
03-30-07, 05:47 PM
I have a dual flowmaster with a single exhaust tip out the side, HATE IT! Too loud for me. I'm going back to the stock exhaust for my 02, if I can find one.

I have my stock exhaust from my 02 that I took off if you are interested.

Playdrv4me
03-30-07, 10:20 PM
I had a MagnaFlow in my 2004 Avalanche, now that I have my 6.0L Escalade, that is *THE* first MAJOR mod I will do. It completely changes the dynamic of the truck and not in a bad way as far as im concerned. It never bothered me.

Bagmo16
03-31-07, 12:59 AM
I have a Borla Cat back and for the first couple of hundred miles it had a resonance that was audible in the back seat. It was noticeable but not annoying. It has since quieted down on the inside but has a nice rumble outside:)

srt
04-01-07, 12:48 AM
i've got a full exhaust, flows, and it sounds good. not too loud at all. mine is also the 6.0L. i personally like the sound of the exhausts accept if it sounds like a mustang then it's going a little over board.
just an input.