: omg, i ... something up

starfox86
12-25-06, 02:41 AM
so i was drivin and decided to hit 145 on the autobahn here in florida;) . and i get around 5500rpm in 5th and my car starts shaking, i was like HOLY SH*!@#*$*!$!*#@*$!#$.....so i slowed down. and no my car has terrible vibration all the time especially when the clutch is half way to the floor. i knew something was wrong because i took the car in two weeks ago cause i thought the clutch felt different, looser kinda. and cadillac said they couldnt find anything at all. so it almost seems like i bent something. i have no idea! but its scary. i have had a little vibration this whole time at slow speeds but i thought it was jus a bent rim. but now, dang i know its the driveline. im so pissed, what could i have done now and why on christmas!!! well, the cars still drivable but barely. tuesday its goin in. ill let u know whats up cause this is super strang!:banghead:

heavymetals
12-25-06, 03:19 AM
Well at least you didn't hit anything. :eek:

Park it, enjoy Christmas and let us know what failed. :thumbsup:

CVP33
12-25-06, 11:22 AM
Could be as simple as throwing a wheel weight at those speeds. If you're talking about A1A, I've done some high speed testing on that stretch myself, although it was in a rental. If you crash though, you're gator bait. :nono:

Drift-caddy
12-25-06, 11:45 AM
and no my car has terrible vibration all the time especially when the clutch is half way to the floor (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#)

Explain why u have ur clutch half way???

willsctsv
12-25-06, 12:12 PM
Check tire wear/ and pressures.... I have changed tires on cars in the past and the car feels like a new car.. Just like when you buy new shoes/sneakers, you put em on and you wonder what the hell you were walking on before.

starfox86
12-25-06, 01:13 PM
k, im positive its not the wheels because when i cruise in neutral the car doesnt vibrate...but when its in gear like the whole shifter and clutch pedal vibrates. its crazy. like imagine u were at a stop sign and you start to take off, as soon as u hit the gas and the clutch, the clutch starts vibrating under ur foot along with the shift under ur hand. and then it increases as you shift and get to higher rpms and now you feel it in your whole boddy , yes the vibration gets faster but it gets faster when the rpms get higher , not speed. i honestly am not able to go over 55 mph with out the car feeling like its rinding on square shaped wheels. but anyways Merry Christmas to all!

Holmes815
12-25-06, 02:35 PM
My clutch pedal had a similar issue but was fixed with the TSB; sounds similar but I don't think it's the same issue...........Maybe the driveshaft???? Merry Christmas and good luck!!!

--James

Jschmank
12-25-06, 02:46 PM
Could it be a broken motor mount or differential cradle bolt?

Chef
12-25-06, 04:15 PM
If you crash though, you're gator bait. :nono:

Very true indeed...Need a damn air boat to get you out and some old chickens tied on a pot hook and some bungy cord:bomb:

I've done lots of runs down there in the 1980's ---cargo was a bit different then:sneaky: ...

Chef

starfox86
12-25-06, 05:02 PM
Very true indeed...Need a damn air boat to get you out and some old chickens tied on a pot hook and some bungy cord:bomb:

I've done lots of runs down there in the 1980's ---cargo was a bit different then:sneaky: ...

Chef

haha, na, theres this 4 lane pkway right along the coast by pine island..but yeah, you guys are right, I would have probably been gator bait there too. but i think you have a better chance of an encounter on the golf course right next to that road where i have seen many gators getting sun on the greens when i have golfed there! lol

ctsvflorida
12-25-06, 05:17 PM
Your clutch disintergrated! How many miles and how hard are you on your clutch? Or how many did you buy car with? I blew a clutch to pieces and it did the same thing! Case closed! Just kidding but I think that's it. Let us know! Should I even say...Merry Christmas?

Albertan
12-25-06, 05:44 PM
Star
I kinda think it is clutch as well. If you rev motor in neutral does it still vibrate? Vibration changes when put pressure on clutch? I also note that it is a 2006. If it is clutch, they won't warrenty it for you. Read my post on clutch/warrenty. Check the pressure plate to make sure it is FLAT. If it is raised in centre it is faulty and they should warrenty it for you. The raised part will show overheating. ie Blue color.
Bruce

starfox86
12-25-06, 09:40 PM
Star
I kinda think it is clutch as well. If you rev motor in neutral does it still vibrate? Vibration changes when put pressure on clutch? I also note that it is a 2006. If it is clutch, they won't warrenty it for you. Read my post on clutch/warrenty. Check the pressure plate to make sure it is FLAT. If it is raised in centre it is faulty and they should warrenty it for you. The raised part will show overheating. ie Blue color.
Bruce

no, in neutral it doesnt vibrate. i have no idea how to check for the raised part or blue color.

ctsvflorida
01-12-07, 10:00 AM
I am still curious as to what the problem was here! Can you tell us what it was? I hope you've solved it by now!

TrazzNJ
01-12-07, 10:15 AM
My clutch pedal had a similar issue but was fixed with the TSB; sounds similar but I don't think it's the same issue...........Maybe the driveshaft???? Merry Christmas and good luck!!!

--James
What is a TSB. God, I got alot to learn here. TSB, BSR,BBk, WTF??? Help

OldRoadDawg
01-12-07, 10:37 AM
TSB = Technical Service Bulletin
Go here and click on any of the links for an example:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/index.php?category=4

The FAQ is maintained by CTSVETT. That and this forum are valuable sources of info . . which is why we encourage $ support to both.

ctsvflorida
01-12-07, 10:38 AM

TSB is bulletin from the dealer about a problem, like a recall kind of but not! I don't know what it stands for exactly but someone else will surely chime in with exactly what it stands for. The only other one I know is WTF and that is 'what the F_ck' ! BBK might be Big Breasted Kentuckybitch! and BSR may be Bad Sucky Rearends!

keeksv
01-12-07, 11:12 AM
Did we ever hear what the problem was here? Just read this and I think either clutch, flywheel or both

04CTSVFLA
01-12-07, 11:34 AM
motor mount