: New year's resolution: I've decided to ignore the diff problem in the V...

BLACK_CTSV
12-25-06, 01:05 AM
My car has an '06 diff - just installed at Lindsay before I bought it. Every time I drive this thing, I think I'm going to break it. It really takes the fun out of the car for me...so, from this point forward, I'm going to drive it like I 'normally' would. It's my X-mas present to myself. If I break it, I'll buy another. If I break 2, I'll buy a car with an 'AMG' badge on it :D :cheers:

Fuggit!

Drift-caddy
12-25-06, 09:35 AM
My car has an '06 diff - just installed at Lindsay before I bought it. Every time I drive this thing, I think I'm going to break it. It really takes the fun out of the car for me...so, from this point forward, I'm going to drive it like I 'normally' would. It's my X-mas present to myself. If I break it, I'll buy another. If I break 2, I'll buy a car with an 'AMG' badge on it :D :cheers:

Fuggit!

You are from Portland OR and got the diff done in VA???
Rule #1 if you can hear the diff, then you dont have enough mods. :stirpot:
Rule #2 untill the diff fails and you cant drive it, it Aint broke...:alchi:

OldRoadDawg
12-25-06, 10:26 AM
:yeah: Bah! I used to worry about the diff in my CTS. It whined for the entire 26K that I owned it, before trading on the V. The V has whined for 25K miles, but when I can hear it over the exhaust . . I just ignore it.

Now radio buttons that keep chipping . . that ticks me off.

BLACK_CTSV
12-25-06, 10:48 AM

Yep - the previous owner lives in VA and had it done before he sold it to me. I just ordered some Kooks. Between those and the Maggie, I may not know if the diff starts to get noisy :)

CVP33
12-25-06, 11:12 AM
You guys are lucky. I never heard my diffs. Not one. When they went, they just went. The bad part is they went 6 times. The flaking buttons were a PITA too. I'm confident Caddy will have all this worked out for 2008.

I'll make a prediction too. If the Caddy comes in at 500 hp for 2008, Chrysler will raise the SRT-8's to 525 hp to take the lead in 2009, but will announce the HP early in 2008 to entice prospective buyers away from Caddy. If Caddy goes 550 or higher, Chrysler will conceed and try to gain market share on price alone or maybe higher content; i.e. adaptive cruise, heated/cooled seats, etc.

Drift-caddy
12-25-06, 11:47 AM
UDLUZE:devil: :devil:

BLACK_CTSV
12-25-06, 11:49 AM
You guys are lucky. I never heard my diffs. Not one. When they went, they just went. The bad part is they went 6 times.

Have you broken '06 diffs? If so, how were you driving?

GT04CTS-V
12-25-06, 12:01 PM

Fuggit!

I couldn't take it either. Four diffs in 6,000 miles. Fuggit - Get-Rag, I sold it! :banghead:

GT

CVP33
12-25-06, 12:13 PM
Have you broken '06 diffs? If so, how were you driving?

Have I broken an '06 diff? No. After the '06 diff was installed the second transmission went, NAV buttons peeled again (2nd time), radiator leaked and I couldn't get the V into reverse. That was enough for me.

How did I drive it? Like anyone with a 400hp sedan who paid $50K. In fact, I drove it exactly the way I drive my SRT-8. Fortunately that's never been to the dealer after nearly 30K miles and 11 months. :lildevil:

Even after all that I'm probably coming back in 2008 if they fix the interior, rear diff and rear suspension dynamics.

austin
12-25-06, 01:07 PM
>If the Caddy comes in at 500 hp for 2008, Chrysler will raise the SRT-8's to 525 hp to take the lead..

I would have never thought... in the rest of my entire life... with surging oil prices & stringent emission testing... That i would ever see another muscle car war between the top manufacturers!!! Ain't America beautiful!! Wait til the camaro SS hits!! :)

dvandentop
12-25-06, 09:43 PM
good resolution there !!! dont worry about it or the fun will be gone :(