: Two Error Codes

Yaemish
03-09-04, 12:31 PM
Got two error codes and the system telling me to service my transmission in 96 Eldo

AC1340
PC01717

Anyone know aht they are?

BeelzeBob
03-09-04, 02:50 PM
Got two error codes and the system telling me to service my transmission in 96 Eldo

AC1340
PC01717

Anyone know aht they are?

AC1340....air mix door number 2 problem
PC01717....no such code...must be a typo

Do you mean PC0717...??...turbine speed sensor circuit no signal....not a good sign. That is the trans input speed sensor that is buried inside the trans side cover. Typically the trans would have to come out and be partially disassembled to get at it....unless of course it is a wiring problem outside the trans.....

Yaemish
03-09-04, 03:58 PM
oh shit, I know this is going to be a ton. Anyone suggest any good warrenty comapnies?

Yaemish
03-09-04, 04:20 PM
One other thing...... The car isn't shifting funny at all or responding any differently, would this problem show any signs?

JimD
03-09-04, 05:53 PM
Clear the codes and "wait and see" which (if any) DTCs get triggered in a day or so....

Yaemish
03-09-04, 07:20 PM
when it initially happened, I turned the car off and the code went away and now its back, took about 1 day. Would a tranny service be of any help? THe tranny fluid is a little brown but its not down at all.

BeelzeBob
03-10-04, 12:53 PM
when it initially happened, I turned the car off and the code went away and now its back, took about 1 day. Would a tranny service be of any help? THe tranny fluid is a little brown but its not down at all.

Probably not.... I hate to turn someone off from doing maintenance but the fluid will not affect the input speed sensor operation.

If the unit is shifting OK and there are no immediate problems just ignore it. The input speed sensor is used to determine the slip across the VCC torque converter so it may eventually disable the VCC but it will not hurt the trans nor leave you stranded..... Clear the code and drive it....

Yaemish
03-10-04, 01:27 PM
Reguardless, it was schedualed to go in for a transmission service, this just happened after I made the appointment. Would you just drive it?

BeelzeBob
03-10-04, 06:19 PM
Reguardless, it was schedualed to go in for a transmission service, this just happened after I made the appointment. Would you just drive it?

I would go ahead and have it serviced. As long as they are going to drop the pan , drain the side cover oil with the hidden drain plug , clean the pickup screens and replace the fluid with fresh stuff..... Tell me you were NOT going to have the trans flushed....!!!....please tell me you were NOT going to have the trans flushed. If you were....DON'T. See the post on trans flushing.