: POLL: Kill the V Sightings thread?

urbanski
12-24-06, 06:37 PM
well?
its a democracy. you guys want individual threads everytime sombody sees a V somewhere? or keep it as-is?

50 4Ever
12-24-06, 06:41 PM
I'd like to see the thread broken into regions. As it is now I hardly ever go there because most of the sightings are on the east coast.

CIWS
12-24-06, 07:21 PM
Broken up is fine or restarted, but I don't look at it anymore because it's gotten too big.

nxlr8
12-25-06, 01:03 AM
I checked it out when I first started visiting this site... now, it seems a waste. There is just too much area being covered. :bonkers:

A "region" type system would be nice... but that could also get "out of control"... How do you make the regions? States? Cities?

It is a good idea, but I think there needs to be some thought put into a solution that works... I don't know if a "shout out" on the forum for each and every sighting would be the right thing... I could see that getting VERY cluttered choking out the "important" information threads quickly...

What about "another" CTS-V Forum with a BUNCH of regions in it? Like, One for each state, then break out the major area's of each state as needed? The link to the "main" CTS-V Sightings thread could be at the top of the CTS-V Forum, much like the Classifieds Link...

Here's my thoughts - Rough draft style...

Illinois -> All
Illinois -> Chicago
Illinois -> Chicago N & NW Suburbs
Illinois -> Chicago S & SW Suburbs
Illinois -> Rockford
Illinois -> Central
Illinois -> Southern

Once you have a State lined up, allow users to "request" their "region" be added... if the Mod's get enough requests, add a new "link"...

Silver Dollar
12-25-06, 01:26 AM
I have never seen one so I live vicariously through the sightings of others.

But I have to admit, after you've read one "hey, I saw a V the other day" post you've pretty much read them all.

I say take it down and make either the "Nitrogen in Tires" or the "Toysnot" thread sticky. :)

(I know, I add no value)

Chef
12-25-06, 01:30 AM
Regional or trash it...:highfive:

rand49er
12-25-06, 07:46 AM
... after you've read one "hey, I saw a V the other day" post you've pretty much read them all.

I say take it down and make ... the "Toysnot" thread sticky. :yeah:

zozmanCTS-V
12-25-06, 08:04 AM
well?
its a democracy. you guys want individual threads everytime sombody sees a V somewhere? or keep it as-is?

Join FRAPPER maps, move your mouse and see (most) everyone. :welcome:

http://www.frappr.com/cadillacctsvowners

Randy

lawfive
12-25-06, 06:20 PM
I'd say just restart the thread. See if it's mo betta if it only contains fresh sightings.

JOEYCTS-V
12-25-06, 06:35 PM
I don't think individual threads would be such a bad thing as long as they specify in the Title where they saw it. Like "V spotted in NYC". If it doesn't interest you just don't click it. :shrug:

The part that I never understood was the "on the road - in motion only" thing. I used to start a new thread of a V I saw parked somewhere and it would be locked because it wasn't in the V sightings thread. It makes no sense. Does it really matter if it was parked or driving on the road?

urbanski
12-25-06, 07:06 PM
no i guess it doesnt matter. that thread began before my time

ctsvflorida
12-25-06, 07:18 PM
You don't really want my honest opinion here do ya? Want my classic one word answer? JUNK

urbanski
12-25-06, 07:31 PM
i want every V guys answer
i would not have asked otherwise :)

DILLIGAF
12-25-06, 08:24 PM
I don't care,either way is ok with me.

mostoyzwinz
12-25-06, 09:21 PM
OK but no sticky. Limit posts to <50 words. It's how come guys get hooked up.

OldRoadDawg
12-26-06, 07:39 AM
2 yrs ago it was interesting to read. Time to put this thread out of its misery.:thumbdown:

pimpcaddy
12-26-06, 11:39 AM
Just (2) categories: California and other. Ha, ha. But seriously, regional would be cool then we could make an effort to get in touch with those we spotted.

Koooop
12-26-06, 05:38 PM
She's dying her own slow death, just let 'er be.

urbanski
12-26-06, 05:49 PM
stickies annoy me
so i need to do something

dqw1
12-26-06, 06:10 PM
Keep it, lose it, doesn't matter to me, there's only a few V's in Bama.
But I did see an STS-V!:highfive:

PneuBird
12-28-06, 04:49 AM
This sticky has seen better days.......kill it!! :brutal:

Redline CTS-V
12-28-06, 06:51 AM
In it's current form - I say kill it... :bazooka:

P-Funk
12-28-06, 04:58 PM
Doesn't matter to me either way. If you keep it, the regional idea seems pretty good.

:nothing2add:

Kadonny
12-28-06, 05:19 PM
Don't you guys have any nostalgia feelings?

Keep it!

ronr
12-28-06, 08:53 PM
This sticky has seen better days.......kill it!! :brutal:

agree

Albertan
12-29-06, 12:11 AM
I like the regional idea. Just don't put "Canada" as one region! (It is 1600 miles to LA and 2300+ to Toronto from here.)

Silver Dollar
12-29-06, 09:55 AM
I like the regional idea. Just don't put "Canada" as one region! (It is 1600 miles to LA and 2300+ to Toronto from here.)

He's right.

Just lump Canada in with Michigan.

P-Funk
12-29-06, 12:13 PM
He's right.

Just lump Canada in with Michigan.

:canttalk:

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric: