: Gear illumination

piicoanderson
12-24-06, 10:30 AM
Have had my 06 N* for a month now and am closing in on all the manuals and CDs. One thing I haven't run across anywhere (or I've missed it) is whether the P, R, N, D and 4 gear shift positions are supposed to be illuminated at night. Mine are not.

Wanted to add this to my "fix" list when I go back to the dealer for the first time if appropriate. Thanks to those who responded to my last posting. Happy Holidays

Smokin' SRX
12-25-06, 01:14 PM
Have had my 06 N* for a month now and am closing in on all the manuals and CDs. One thing I haven't run across anywhere (or I've missed it) is whether the P, R, N, D and 4 gear shift positions are supposed to be illuminated at night. Mine are not.

Wanted to add this to my "fix" list when I go back to the dealer for the first time if appropriate. Thanks to those who responded to my last posting. Happy Holidays

A Merry & Happy to you and all the others also! You guys/gals are great!

Yeah, one of many "power outages" on this truck! Where's my glove box light? The rear door panel lights? Ash tray light?? (I use it for small storage as there ain't much else on the dash for storage...till '07 anyway!)

Don't feel bad. I just looked at new, at '07 Lincoln MKX Luxury AWD, Crossover. Very nice but.........same "lighting outage" (on ALL 4 DOORS!) Give us a reflector, will ya!??) No phone option either! come on, you designers! Sell it as an up-grade at least!

I tell what gear I'm in at nite by hitting the overhead console map light, if needed. Oh well........Enjoy the truck anyway! I do!:D

Kauai 1
12-26-06, 11:20 AM
The "gear shift position" area of the console is alluminated when the headlights are turned on, at least with my '04 V-8.

TSS
12-26-06, 06:44 PM
My 06 V-8 gear selector is also illuminated when the lights are on.

Smokin' SRX
12-27-06, 11:08 AM
My 06 V-8 gear selector is also illuminated when the lights are on.
Thks! Better check my bulb............so I too will see the light!!

TSS
12-27-06, 06:26 PM
Yeah, I honestly could not remember - so I tested it last night - definitely lights up when the lights are on - off when lights are off. You might want to check your interior light dimmer switch first - it might be set too low. Not only does the gear selector light up, but the "+" and "-" for the sport shift as well.

Todd

Smokin' SRX
12-28-06, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I honestly could not remember - so I tested it last night - definitely lights up when the lights are on - off when lights are off. You might want to check your interior light dimmer switch first - it might be set too low. Not only does the gear selector light up, but the "+" and "-" for the sport shift as well.

Todd

Dimmer switch was too low! I keep it that way because once the switch "jumped" the last 1/8 inch, to the max, and interior lights stayed on, almost killing the battery! Will put it 2/3 now. Thks for good detective work!!!

TSS
12-28-06, 12:27 PM
Glad to help!