Cadillac Owners Forum banner

97 deville aftermarket hu

980 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dp102288 
#1 ·
i took my car to a stereo shop to change the hu cuz the stock didnt play cds and my cd changer in the trunk messed up....well i think that they used the gmos-03 harness cuz they ran new wires to the speakers(was that the right harness or should they have used the gmos-06)....not sure what "sleep mode" is but since iv changed the hu my battery has died about 2 times, at first i thought it was the battery so i got an optima yellow top n that died on me once....could it have been because of the harness....
Also they told me that they dont make a mounting kit for my car and they just got one that was a close fit and screwed it in.

#3 ·
Read up on the 99 Deville HU upgrade and you'll find that those interface doesn't work and your factory headunit must stay hooked up to the car so you won't have problems.

Wow this is a serious issue....I should post a stickie about how to do stereo installs in 97~99 Devilles...the right(and hard) way...haha

#6 ·
Ok so why is it a problem to replace the HU on a 97 deville for an aftermarket one? I did this a couple of days ago and now my windows won't roll down and my valet doesn't work. What do i need to do differently? I bought the radio from cardomain and they said they included the kit. I had to use a different constant power and accesory source because the one from the harness would not get power. Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I have read a couple other posts but I dont understand what i need to do to get it running right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.