: Impala Wheels direct from GM for sale <DEAD>

N0DIH
12-23-06, 11:39 PM
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=12495438

Wish I had a $650 freed up right now!

caddycruiser
12-24-06, 12:19 AM
GMPartsdirect is okay, but I wouldn't recommend ever buying something like that from them--they go overboard with shipping, and aren't that fast.

Dal, our coveted parts guy on the SS forum, from Van Devere in Ohio can do the same sort of package, but it usually costs the same or a bit less. Any dealer can also get the same, just depends on what kind of price they could give you. Best bet is actually buying the same new set from one of the couple dealers that sells the package on Ebay from time to time, for about $650 total with shipping.

The guy I got my set from had ordered the same "kit" set from a dealer himself for about $650, and also had the Nitto tires ($125'ish a piece) mounted & balanced on them. He had around $1300 into the set, used them for only a couple hundred miles and then sold his Caprice (the new buyer wanted the original wheels & tires), so I picked the complete set up from him for $1000.

Wasn't cheap, but I had been thinking of it for a while when I saw his ad, and jumped on it because everything was already mounted & done, they were virtually new, and the tires were PERFECT. Still haven't done much of any other real mods to my car, aside from a few visual things, but I am so glad I did the wheels and the large tires. They look great, are still OEM for this platform (BIG, BIG factor to me), the 275-50-17 Nittos are simply terrific in every condition I've thrown at them, and the car's ride & handling changed to a very desirable point with nothing else new.

Actually, you now have me thinking of how my car changed, visually.

Then:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/95%20Fleetwood%20New%20Wheels%20June%202006/IMG_0200.jpg

Now:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/95%20Fleetwood%20August%202006/IMG_0486.jpg

Not everyone on this forum likes them a lot, but I still get nothing but compliments and questions on them elsewhere, and side to side with our '93 with stock wheels & tires, the 275-50's look SO much better and more filling on such a big car. I sold the stock Brougham wheels on Ebay and they went off to Florida, and the old Michelin X-Ones went in the shed and will eventually make it onto the Roadmaster (or at least that was the plan). That offset the cost at least a little.

I surely know what it's like to be on a VERY tight budget, but always wanting to do a lot more with the car!

N0DIH
12-24-06, 12:38 AM
I think they look great, it is what I want to do to mine, I just need the $$ to dump into it! I'll probably do the LQ4/LQ9 swap first....

davidrap
12-24-06, 02:36 AM
Tnose Impala wheels look great. I plan on buying a set soon.

What are the centercaps from? I like them and would like to put those on my FWB as well.

Thanks,

David

96Fleetwood
12-24-06, 09:00 AM
Or you can shell out over $1K for Chromed Impala SS wheels :thumbsup:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/leloz/caddylowres.jpg

I sold them to Chris and now he has them on his dark blue Fleetwood. The chromies look great on darker colors.

caddycruiser
12-24-06, 06:42 PM
Tnose Impala wheels look great. I plan on buying a set soon.

What are the centercaps from? I like them and would like to put those on my FWB as well.

Thanks,

David

Thanks. The centercaps are from 16" machined aluminum 2002+ Deville wheels. They're not that hard to find, and used, you can get a set pretty cheap from Ebay like I did--and they snap right into the SS wheels perfectly.

There's also another version, with the "old" Cadillac wreath & crest etched in the center, from '01 and earlier Devilles, but I liked the look of these with the separate piece Cadillac center better.

CadillacZach77
02-14-11, 04:14 PM
I know this is and old post but I love the look of those tires. Caddycruiser says they are 275 50 17's. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with the skirts in the back. Does anyone else run this size?

96Fleetwood
02-14-11, 07:58 PM
I know this is and old post but I love the look of those tires. Caddycruiser says they are 275 50 17's. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with the skirts in the back. Does anyone else run this size?

You have to trim the skirt inner tabs and bend the inner handles to make it work.

ga_etc
02-14-11, 08:06 PM
Elias, I still don't understand why in the world you sold that car.

jayoldschool
02-14-11, 08:59 PM
Run a 255 55 17.

robb257731
02-17-11, 09:55 AM
Those wheels look amazing. I wonder what they'd look like on my 91 Brougham.

Stingroo
02-17-11, 09:56 AM
Hmm... now that's something I've not seen. SS wheels on a Boxy-Brougham. Sounds cool.