: N* Forged pistons

dgarrett
12-23-06, 02:35 PM
What year did the N* engine get forged pistons?

Thanks!

eldorado1
12-23-06, 04:33 PM
AFAIK, all pistons are cast aluminum, except the 4.4L "V" models

N-star
12-23-06, 04:42 PM
As far as I know only the newer XLR-V that comes supercharged has forged pistons from factory.
But keep in mind that the engine that comes with it is a whole different animal than the one that comes in all the front wheel drive cadillacs. And besides you can't use those pistons in a front drive N* since the bore is smaller and therefore won't fit. (4.4 Vs 4.6), You will need a whole engine and for that matter guess what it won't work either since the thansmission housing, the engine mounts and couple other things are different too...

**But I do have a set of Brand new Ross pistons for sale!**

Brand New in the box, ROSS Pistons with ceramic coating (Top and sides coatings worth $250 alone). I really don't want to sale them, but me and my wife are going through some tough times.

If you want Cams, NT or turbo (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) (supercharged) let me tell you these pistons are the ONLY way to go; they really are the pistons you need if you are serious of building your dream engine. An excellent choice for a fraction of the real cost....

New Ross Pistons $823
Ceramic Coatings $250 (additional)
(total) $1073 MY PRICE $750
DON'T THINK TWICE THESE HAVE TO GO SOON! & I will give free shipping to the first buyer....

Call James at (772) 359-90 57 or email me: myferrari355spider@yahoo.com (myferrari355spider@yahoo.com)

N-star
12-27-06, 07:02 PM
Any thoughts???:)