: Lincoln is coming back!!!

Mark0101
12-23-06, 01:02 AM
http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2018
That is the New MKR with a v6 twin turbo that produces 415 HP.:bouncy: 0-60 in 5.3s.
This means that the new MKS might have the TT engine. :devil:

CadillacGurl
12-23-06, 01:12 AM
talk about a grill! The interior looks odd especially with the curved from seats... oh well we'll just have to wait on Jaunary 7th to see how it officially looks

Jesda
12-23-06, 01:16 AM
Lincoln doesnt have the guts to make it happen.

Mark0101
12-23-06, 01:20 AM
but now we actually know that the MKS might have TT engine. And even if the MKR comes into production, its not going look like that. They make changes before it comes out.

BLACK_CTSV
12-23-06, 03:03 AM
Yep - its appearance will likely change. Hopefully they'll keep the TT!!! :cheers:

eldorado99
12-23-06, 04:06 AM
Tisk tisk... looks like a Sixteen with a different grille.

JRau
12-23-06, 05:58 AM
It will be interesting to see the final, final version. The front end looks like an oriental guy smilin' though.

JRau in central Iowa

RobertCTS
12-23-06, 07:30 AM
Tisk tisk... looks like a Sixteen with a different grille.

The Sweet Sixteen knocked out 1,000 HP!!!

It's a Ford concept..a dream car. Twin turbos won't happen.

90Brougham350
12-23-06, 11:21 AM
The twin turbos might make it to production, but if they do, Lincoln has still missed the mark. 400 horses just isn't enough to compete with MB, BMW, or Caddy. And the fact it comes out of a 3.5l doesn't help either, Lincoln needs a V8 in its cars, period. Estimated 5.3 seconds will be more like 5.6 or 5.7, something the non-performance models from several companies are already doing.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-06, 12:04 PM
Man, that's an ugly car. It's good to see that Lincoln is putting out concept pieces though, shows that Ford still has the brains to pump capitol into them. Could this be a precursor to the long awaited (by me atleast) Mark IX?

90Brougham350
12-23-06, 12:20 PM
One can only hope!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-23-06, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but if it comes out looking like that, and in a sedan configuration, I'll be very disappointed.

Mark0101
12-23-06, 01:10 PM
The twin turbos might make it to production, but if they do, Lincoln has still missed the mark. 400 horses just isn't enough to compete with MB, BMW, or Caddy. And the fact it comes out of a 3.5l doesn't help either, Lincoln needs a V8 in its cars, period. Estimated 5.3 seconds will be more like 5.6 or 5.7, something the non-performance models from several companies are already doing.
The CTS-V is producing 400 HP right now with a 0-60 in 5.3,(from MSN) so at least lincoln will be with them and that good enough for lincoln right now. V8 isn't really needed to get the performance numbers now a days(my oppinion). The lexus IS350 is getting 0-60 in 5.3,(MSN) same as the 400 HP V8 CTS-v. It doesn't always have to be slower then the factory times, Look at the BMW 335i. Factory 5.5s but it has reported 4.8s, so it can turn out to be like that.

90Brougham350
12-23-06, 01:25 PM
True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.

Blackout
12-23-06, 02:54 PM
Now haven't I been saying the new 3.5 V6 from Ford will be using a F/I setup!!

Blackout
12-23-06, 02:56 PM
True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.I haven't heard anything about the next gen CTS-V. The Super V from awhile ago got canned and that was the last thing I've heard about any short of next gen CTS-V.

Mark0101
12-23-06, 04:52 PM
True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.
Actually these new Lincolns are not like they have a performance package like the V for the caddy, M for BMW and AMG for the mercedes.(the F for lexus) Its just a simple lincoln. I Hope lincoln creates its performace package like X series or K series Like they had one for the Navigator.(never in production)

Jesda
12-23-06, 05:21 PM
Imagine: "The new Lincoln MKZR!"

What a horribly abrupt combination of letters.

dp102288
12-23-06, 10:13 PM
Lincoln doesnt have the guts to make it happen.

:yeah: times 10000000%

My first impression was okay, till I saw the inside pic. I almost :vomit: after that. On paper it sounds good, but I doubt, even if it gets the go ahead, it will be anything close to that.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
12-23-06, 10:28 PM
Lincoln doesnt have the guts to make it happen.'Nuf said.

Ford totally stole those wheels from the Buick Velite concept ;)

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2946.html

Its a nice design. Just like new production Lincolns, I dont like the grill. But the general design of this car is nice.

dp102288
12-24-06, 10:54 AM
^^ Maybe the wheels, but the cars themselves are very simialr to me:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7626/f34xs1.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1632/f34fu4.jpg

CIWS
12-24-06, 04:39 PM
Concept, period.

Until a manufacturer commits to a production car it all engineer's dreams and window dressing.

davesdeville
12-25-06, 05:39 AM
Lincoln better have the balls to pull this off (and by this, I mean the TT MKS.)

RobertCTS
12-25-06, 07:32 AM
Typically when a new model is introduced they hold back on the engine dept. Just like the Cadillac CTS. It was introduced with a now defunct 3.2 engine. I'm betting a Happy Meal no twin turbos at the get go.

Blackout
12-25-06, 07:43 AM
True, but the new V will be 500 horses for sure, and the M3 and M5 aren't gonna get slower in the future. If Lincoln wanted to enter the performance sedan market, they shouldn't fall short from the get-go. At least the first generation CTS-V was an even match for the M5, but BMW just had to go and redesign it a year later, lol.I really don't think that Lincoln is trying to attack any performance market. At this point they would be just happy with a decent performing car not an M5 or CTS-V killer.

Blackout
12-25-06, 07:46 AM
Lincoln better have the balls to pull this off (and by this, I mean the TT MKS.)Great minds think alike! Remember when Lincoln called off the V8 version of the MKS and what was the first thing I said after I heard this on here? That they better make a turbo'd 3.5 V6 and then I said one could only hope! Well it looks like my dream is coming true!:yup:

RobertCTS
12-25-06, 08:05 AM
Great minds think alike! Remember when Lincoln called off the V8 version of the MKS and what was the first thing I said after I heard this on here? That they better make a turbo'd 3.5 V6 and then I said one could only hope! Well it looks like my dream is coming true!:yup:

Not in 2008. Possibly 2010.

CVP33
12-25-06, 11:27 AM
Great minds think alike! Remember when Lincoln called off the V8 version of the MKS and what was the first thing I said after I heard this on here? That they better make a turbo'd 3.5 V6 and then I said one could only hope! Well it looks like my dream is coming true!:yup:

It's a shame they're not going after this market. They cancelled the V8 due to expense and in my opinion Lincoln is the only one out of the Ford stable that could come after Caddy and Chrysler in the performance sedan arena. If they don't, no one will. Lincoln needs a halo car and the Town Car nor the MKS ain't it. MKS "SS" is just what they need. AWD with 450 HP. Now that would turn some heads!:yup:

JC316
12-25-06, 03:08 PM
It looks like a predator thats fixing to enjoy the first meal of the spring. It looks like it wants to devour you.

dp102288
12-27-06, 12:16 PM
MKS "SS" is just what they need. AWD with 450 HP. Now that would turn some heads!:yup:

It would also give Lincoln the respect it needs if it wants to continue to be a serious contender in the marketplace. It seems as if they are trying to stay in a late 20th century model lineup, with car-classes and designs. Becuase the market has changed, I think something radical, like this concept, would do them some good. Changing marketplaces is why I really believe Cadillac made the V series. They saw a market for overpowered luxury was out there, and they did well to take advantage of it.

I may not like the car, but overall Lincoln should do this.

90Brougham350
12-28-06, 10:39 PM
It would also give Lincoln the respect it needs if it wants to continue to be a serious contender in the marketplace.

Excellent point. I see what many of you are saying, that Lincoln isn't trying to go after the V's or the M's, but just have a performance sedan. But I think they have to go above and beyond these ideas. A TT 3.5 liter would be pretty cool, but to earn respect, they have to do better.

Blackout
12-29-06, 08:57 AM
Excellent point. I see what many of you are saying, that Lincoln isn't trying to go after the V's or the M's, but just have a performance sedan. But I think they have to go above and beyond these ideas. A TT 3.5 liter would be pretty cool, but to earn respect, they have to do better.
I don't see what the big deal is. 415 hp is 415 hp whether is comes from a 4 cylinder or a V12

dp102288
12-29-06, 09:43 AM
^^ It is. But if Caddys came in a 300 hp 4 cylinder vs a 300 hp V8, I wouldn't be as happy. A V8 brings with it a certain sterotype regarding money.

"A big car needs a big engine" is what I have heard many, many times. Not necessarly in regards to horse power, but size (cylinders and liters). And we must remember most people measure a car by the number of cylinders it has, hp & torque figures are second seat.

90Brougham350
12-29-06, 11:12 AM
Plus, the power delivery that comes from an engine with more cylinders is more even and smooth, thus, associated with luxury.

gothicaleigh
12-29-06, 06:54 PM
Plus, the power delivery that comes from an engine with more cylinders is more even and smooth, thus, associated with luxury.

I think BMW M3 owners would disagree with you...

90Brougham350
12-29-06, 08:04 PM

I bet they would!

dp102288
12-29-06, 09:30 PM

But to me a M3 is a sports car first, luxury car second. And I don't think its a big car. The M5...probably.

davesdeville
12-30-06, 07:26 AM
The M3 is definitely sport first luxury a far second. The Cad500 puts out smooth, even power. The northstar puts out less smooth, even power, since it's aimed for a higher RPM range. An M3 I6 puts out nothing on the bottom end and everything on top.

dp102288
12-30-06, 12:44 PM
:yeah:

thebigjimsho
12-31-06, 01:53 PM
The CTS-V is producing 400 HP right now with a 0-60 in 5.3,(from MSN) so at least lincoln will be with them and that good enough for lincoln right now. V8 isn't really needed to get the performance numbers now a days(my oppinion). The lexus IS350 is getting 0-60 in 5.3,(MSN) same as the 400 HP V8 CTS-v. It doesn't always have to be slower then the factory times, Look at the BMW 335i. Factory 5.5s but it has reported 4.8s, so it can turn out to be like that.A Cadillac Nazi Regional Service Advisor could get a better 0-60 time in a CTS-V. The IS350 is not the same performance car as the CTS-V.

CVP33
12-31-06, 05:39 PM
This is all a moot point. Once Lincoln get's the super sedan built, it will all be for naught. The CTS-V, SRT-8's, M5's, E63's, S6's will all be at or near 500hp. A 400hp Lincoln will not be competitive and priced anywhere north of $40K will not sell. Price below $40K and they can't make money. Too little, too late.

Blackout
12-31-06, 06:36 PM
This is all a moot point. Once Lincoln get's the super sedan built, it will all be for naught. The CTS-V, SRT-8's, M5's, E63's, S6's will all be at or near 500hp. A 400hp Lincoln will not be competitive and priced anywhere north of $40K will not sell. Price below $40K and they can't make money. Too little, too late.I don't think it really matters. Considering the Navigator is their most powerful vehicle in the whole line up I would consider this a step in the right direction but not straight to the top

davesdeville
01-01-07, 05:02 AM
This is all a moot point. Once Lincoln get's the super sedan built, it will all be for naught. The CTS-V, SRT-8's, M5's, E63's, S6's will all be at or near 500hp. A 400hp Lincoln will not be competitive and priced anywhere north of $40K will not sell. Price below $40K and they can't make money. Too little, too late.

Doesn't matter. There will be people who want to buy MKS but will not settle for a weenie 3.5 V6. This is where the TT version would step in. BTW north of 40k would indeed sell IMO, just not TOO far north. Next gen CTS-V is going to be fairly far north of 50k..

Mark0101
01-01-07, 11:26 PM
A Cadillac Nazi Regional Service Advisor could get a better 0-60 time in a CTS-V. The IS350 is not the same performance car as the CTS-V.
I am sure that they could get better 0-60 times for the CTS-V and same goes to the IS350;) I am just pointing out that you don't need a V8 anymore to get the performance you want.

thebigjimsho
01-03-07, 01:02 PM
No, it doesn't. CTS-Vs have regularly gotten low to mid 4's in the 0-60 sprint. I don't think I've ever seen any IS350 in the 4's. So no, the same cannot be said for the Lexus.

Blackout
01-03-07, 03:53 PM
No, it doesn't. CTS-Vs have regularly gotten low to mid 4's in the 0-60 sprint.WTF are you reading? Everything I have ever seen in a write up has it at a 5.1 or 5.0 0-60 run and a few stray high 4's. lol low to mid 4's in a 0-60 sprint:histeric:

I don't think I've ever seen any IS350 in the 4's. So no, the same cannot be said for the Lexus.The IS350 times I've seen have been right around the CTS-V's time depending on which source you look at. Some have it a tad bit slower but within .3 seconds so it's not like a CTS-V would run away from it

CHP N-V
01-30-07, 05:20 AM
I dunno... I have found in the past that Lincolns depreshiate really quick... I had a LS at one point and man I lossed money in that quick

RJ_W
02-04-07, 10:26 PM
WTF are you reading? Everything I have ever seen in a write up has it at a 5.1 or 5.0 0-60 run and a few stray high 4's. lol low to mid 4's in a 0-60 sprint:histeric:
The IS350 times I've seen have been right around the CTS-V's time depending on which source you look at. Some have it a tad bit slower but within .3 seconds so it's not like a CTS-V would run away from it

.3 to 60 is running away!:thumbsup:

Jesda
02-04-07, 11:08 PM
They should drop in the Intech 4.6. 300hp to start, then follow up with an SC version later.

CadillacSTS42005
02-05-07, 01:55 PM
1 its fukin fugly
2 they wont make it
3 ford blows...

MachX
02-19-07, 12:17 AM
1 its fukin fugly
2 they wont make it
3 ford blows...
Sorry, but I have to dispute that post and defend the blue oval, at least, somewhat. Ford CAN build dream machines. Witness the latest Mustang. Even the base V6 model isn't a total slug, hitting 60 in 6.9 secs with an automatic, as quick as a Northstar powered DTS! The Mustang GT boasts 300hp, good enough for 5 second 0-60 sprints, enough for most. But Ford didn't see that as enough as they have unleashed the Shelby GT with 330hp and the Mustang GT500 with 500 smashing hp. Oh yeah the car is hot looking too. And how about the Ferrari eating Ford GT with a blown 5.4l V8 at 1/3 the price? From Consumerguide : 'Thrilling. Forward thrust comes on immediately and lets up only slightly after 120 mph. Ford claims 0-60 mph in under 4 sec, and we have no reason to doubt that claim.' Not bad for a supercar carrying the plebian blue oval badge. How about what Automobile Magazine has to say about the F-series pickup : 'Imagine. Ford's best car is a truck'. It consistantly outsells all other vehicles, and the new Super Duty series has a towing capacity of up to an earthshaking 24000 lbs. Enough to travel the Interstate in comfort with 5 Dodge Rams in tow. Ford has two problems facing it right now. It has three great vehicles, but not enough cash to develop awe inspiring models anywhere else in the line because its PAG has become a cash drain when they are already cash strapped. Problem 2: that concept is horribly ugly, and its specs aren't enough. I'm sorry but that split grille looks worse than BMW's current design. A TT V6 in a premium car doesn't compete. Period. I don't care how many horsepower come from Infinity's or BMW's V6's. V8 power is experiencing a resurgence I never EVER thought I would see again. That is why even the 5 series has an available V8 AND a V10. Infinity's M has an available V8. I think we've all heard enough about Chrysler's muscle trio of 300C/Charger/Magnum all having TWO destructive V8 options. The General has stepped up offering V8's in the Impala, Monte Carlo, Grand Prix, and Lucerne. Even if V8's aren't volume sellers, they are important for image. Lincoln with no V8's becomes a rebadged Mercury/Mazda. And since people don't really see Volvo/Jaguar/Aston Martin as Fords they see Lincolns as being Fords. If Ford wants to make a comeback, they need to use trickle down effect like Chrysler has done from M-B. (the 300 uses an E-class suspension for example). Take the Jaguar XJ, stretch the chassis and make the next Town Car from it with 3 valve Mustang power, at least to start. They had a good idea basing the LS on the S-type, and it sold reasonably well. If they field Mazda based Lincolns and expect the public to notice, they're sunk. I don't think Ford/Lincoln is out of it, at least not yet. Remember, Ford was the first to field a 200hp minivan(1996 Windstar), they brought back the V8 powered family car (1996 Taurus SHO) a full decade before the current craze started. They were also the first to put 'muscle' back into muscle cars with the 1982 Mustang GT. And Lincoln stuck with proven V8 full sized Town Cars which sold hundreds of thousands a year all throughout the 80's. Cadillac at the time offered a sickly downsized, and underpowered Deville and some horribly experimental engines (HT4100, Buick 4100 V6, Olds diesel, Olds 307, and the V8-6-4). The problem is, Ford/Lincoln is poised to repeat the mistakes of Cadillac's in the 80's. Undersized and underpowered.