: Navigation Disc for Touch Screen Head Hunit

Djsashaz
12-21-06, 11:05 PM
I'm trying to track down a copy of a nav disc for the 05' touch screen head unit for a Escalade, I was told that some discs wont work on some years, and only work on certain models of Cadillac's. Can anyone help? I would love to be able make my own backup copy of the disc after I got it, anyone know where I get download one :sneaky: ;)

Djsashaz
12-23-06, 12:14 PM
I've managed to answer my own questions. Quite well actually. I've been able to get a bad copy of a nav disc, when I say bad, I mean the buy who copied it for my put it on 2 dvd-r, yeah what a goof I thought. Well I used my computer background to figure out what I should do. I tried to put them both on 1 dvd+r DL, (thats all I had) and that didnt work. I put all the files from both dvd's on my computer, and made a iso of them and burned that to another dvd+r dl and again no luck. I said to myself that I would give it one more try but the old school way. I took a look at the files on that came from the nav disc. I saw a patern in the file names. I sorted them by file size and found that there was 8 files with the prefix of POI which I knew right away were Points of intrest. I recall seeing the navigation in a 06 escalade and seeing a menu that showed me a map of 8 regions. 8 being canada and so on... well, these files alone are 1.23 gigs, I took the smallest ones and put them on a regular dvd-r 4.7g, guess what, IT WORKED....... so now I have a working backup copy of my ;) original nav disc. C'mon people arnt you excited?? I am. Anyon have the new updated nav disc so I can try if it works there too??

Uria702
12-23-06, 03:14 PM
you can put them together on a double layer (NOT DUAL LAYER, DOUBLE LAYER) the difference being dual layer you can write on both sides of the disc and the double has 2 layers on the bottom side so it holds 8.4 gigs. get one of those discs put the two together it will work fine.