: Crap...need shocks...

wildwhl
12-21-06, 12:41 PM
While putting my winter tires on I noticed that one of the front FG2's is spilling its guts...who has some for sale, or maybe, QA1's or???

Suggestions please (Dreamin this is your cue).

WW

rand49er
12-21-06, 12:47 PM
Just checked ebay: Nada.

atdeneve
12-21-06, 12:58 PM
Wow, how many miles on those?

wildwhl
12-21-06, 01:04 PM
About 17,000, twice on the lathe, a little spot welding, installed/reinstalled about 45 times....they have some unseen miles, if you will ;)

WW

Kadonny
12-21-06, 01:19 PM
I have a set of FE4's.

wildwhl
12-21-06, 01:29 PM
Gotta be FG2's or better, but thanks Kadonny!

Kadonny
12-21-06, 03:16 PM
No problem WW, just trying to help a brother.

svassh
12-21-06, 03:34 PM
Bill - These would seem to be perfect for you:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2080&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

rgd
12-21-06, 04:35 PM
Bill - These would seem to be perfect for you:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2080&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

:yeah:

Dreamin
12-21-06, 05:42 PM
Suggestions please (Dreamin this is your cue).

WW

Sorry WW; no real good suggestions... RGD loves his QA1's... still no affordable penske's out there (i.e. performance gains vs. price)... Sach's T2 shocks from the other thread??... otherwise someone should have used FG2's for sale. I dont have anything for sale.

Also, bounce the corner of the car with the bad shock... is it still pretty stiff? or does it go boing-boing-boing? If the earlier... there is no rush to change the shock... probably a little fluid pushed by the piston cuz of your lowering... the shock valving is shot, but it shouldn't be dangerous... and your not going to be pushing your car hard over the winter anyway...

urbanski
12-21-06, 06:16 PM
ww not driving like an idiot? :lol:

wildwhl
12-21-06, 10:05 PM
Sorry WW; no real good suggestions... RGD loves his QA1's... still no affordable penske's out there (i.e. performance gains vs. price)... Sach's T2 shocks from the other thread??... otherwise someone should have used FG2's for sale. I dont have anything for sale.

Also, bounce the corner of the car with the bad shock... is it still pretty stiff? or does it go boing-boing-boing? If the earlier... there is no rush to change the shock... probably a little fluid pushed by the piston cuz of your lowering... the shock valving is shot, but it shouldn't be dangerous... and your not going to be pushing your car hard over the winter anyway...

I push my car hard always - especially on ice :shhh:

The shock is shot. Bunch of noise, bunch or oil.

Thanks for the input...cruising the net now for a solution.

WW