: STS-V hood on STS?

ELROY
12-20-06, 10:10 PM
Hi,
I have an 05 STS V8 AWD. I love it. I would like to know if the hood from an 05 STS-V would be a perfect fit for my STS? It looks like a match, however, I would like to know before I spend the money for the sportier hood. I also would like to add a "mesh" grill as well. I have the Adaptive Radar Cruise controll. I think that the grill is different for the ACC. Will the correct grill and the V-Series hood should go togeather with no problem?

Thanks

Elroy

Dr. Design
12-22-06, 12:38 PM
Hello,
The hood would certainly fit. We just recently finished a customers car that included a V-Series hood upgrade. Since you have ACC you will not be able to use a full mesh grill, furthermore the STS V-Series grill will not fit in the stock STS fron bumper. We offer a mesh grill that is compliant with ACC. Please let us know if there are any questions.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/IMG_1294.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/IMG_1293.jpg
Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Hi,
I have an 05 STS V8 AWD. I love it. I would like to know if the hood from an 05 STS-V would be a perfect fit for my STS? It looks like a match, however, I would like to know before I spend the money for the sportier hood. I also would like to add a "mesh" grill as well. I have the Adaptive Radar Cruise controll. I think that the grill is different for the ACC. Will the correct grill and the V-Series hood should go togeather with no problem?

Thanks

Elroy

Unique Distributing
12-21-09, 09:19 PM
I am intrested in both the hood and the grille can you please give me a decent price for these . thanks

Dr. Design
12-21-09, 09:25 PM
Hello,
List price on the hood is $1845, but you might be able to find it cheaper locally. As for the grille, that is $350 plus shipping. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I am intrested in both the hood and the grille can you please give me a decent price for these . thanks

Unique Distributing
12-22-09, 02:06 PM
if you can please send me a private msg.. I am intrested in buying the grill right now I also have the ACC and have been looking or a grill like this.

Is the hood fiberglass?

TimmyC
12-22-09, 03:20 PM
V hoods are fiberglass. You really shouldn't buy one though. Some V owner might need it if his car gets damaged. Think of the poor V owner!

jedhead
12-22-09, 06:11 PM
If it comes to that, I will have one made in CF. I had my rare SHO+ hood and spoiler duplicated in CF. Lighter and stronger than stock and still can be painted over if desired.

Bob

EChas3
12-23-09, 12:01 AM
The real reason to avoid a V hood is that it is heavier and higher. More weight high on the car and more drag. Sporty?

CTBB
12-23-09, 12:28 AM
V hoods are fiberglass. You really shouldn't buy one though. Some V owner might need it if his car gets damaged. Think of the poor V owner!

:yup: :stirpot::histeric:

Glenn