: Having a problem with 94 STS

therodman
12-21-06, 11:57 AM
and keeping the smile off my face! A fella driving one of those Ford pickups that are either called lightning or Cobra, something like that I guess, was messing with me on the highway. I took an exit which comes to a red light and then you have the option to either get back on the highway or go into the suburb. To my surprise, he was in the other lane to go straight and then he followed me and pulled up alongside me at the red light. I'm thinking, whats up with this guy. I look over his way and all of a sudden I here his rev's go up and his front end kind of hunch up on his drivers side. I'm laughing because I realize he wants to race but then the light turns green and he's off like a shot! He caught me but of course I nailed it, wheels started to screech so I backed off just a tad and got back on it.

To my surprise that truck was moving pretty well but the ole N* was getting up around 5k starting to make good power in first gear and when she banged into second I was alongside and pulling on by. We hit third and I was pulling about a car length on him and he slowed, took an upcoming exit and vanished from sight. I could see his buddy laughing at him as this old gray haired man was putting it on him with his old caddy!

Haven't had a good race like that in a long time but what a good feeling that was to have enough power to come from behind and get the job done. That ole truck was all fixed up, probably not more than a year or 2 old, nice wheels, race stickers all over it, you name it!

I couldn't get the smile off my face for hours, hm,hm,hmm!:histeric:

dp102288
12-21-06, 09:23 PM
Nice story. Congrats.

But this does belong in the kill section.

davesdeville
12-21-06, 09:44 PM
99-03 lightnings should take a N* car in theory, they're low 14 to high 13 second trucks. The older 93-95 351w trucks you could take fairly easily.

therodman
12-21-06, 11:18 PM
To dp, I thought there may be another section but wasn't aware that it was called the kill section, thanks!

To dave, it was definitely a newer Ford pickup, I would say a 99/2000 or newer! There is no doubt he was pouring the coals to it, kind of made me laugh because he started to brake torque when I heard the rev's come up and saw the truck hunch, guess that's why he beat me off the line by about a truck length or 2.

clarkz71
12-22-06, 08:12 AM
Very cool.:thumbsup: