: WANTED: Dash Top Cover

DopeStar 156
12-21-06, 02:09 AM
I needs me a burgundy dash top cover with no cracks in it. Anyone got one or can find me one, hit me up......

AElayyat
12-21-06, 11:38 AM
I needs me a burgundy dash top cover with no cracks in it. Anyone got one or can find me one, hit me up......

Man, parts for these big body Broughams are getting hard to find. Try ebay and your local pick-a-part, you never know.

Rick186
12-22-06, 09:53 PM
I don't know how handy you are with DIY stuff, but NAUGAHYDE makes stuff which I used on my boats which suffered all kind of indignities that would sure as hell serve as a dashboard top covering if you wanted to cut it to fit over your existing dash top.
The stuff comes in scads of colors and stands up to UV rays and Lord knows whatall if you order the outdoor variety.
I used it and it withstood fish guts and blood drying on it for a week then being wiped off with only a light detergent (white seats), sun exposure for 6 years every summer and so on.
If you Google up NAUGAHYDE, you can find out all about the stuff.
My wife and I re-upholstered our whole boat and found it unusually easy.
As for a dashboard top, I would think that contact cement - the slow drying kind to let you work out the kinks - would be the way to go, like I did on the flying bridge of one of my boats some years back. It had some nasty curves and cutouts which were likely a helluva lot worse than the dashboard of your Cadillac. And we worked it in sunlight on a hot day yet it came out looking pretty good.
Go have a look and see if it's feasible.
Good Luck

90Brougham350
12-22-06, 10:34 PM
That's actually not a bad idea, I should try that for my driver side armrest. It's got the all-too typical crack from my elbow on it.

creeker
12-23-06, 11:18 PM

when I was looking for an armrest I found this website,"Dashtops.com"
they have d.s tops and armrests.

The Ape Man
12-24-06, 08:12 AM
I have one. Just checked the attic. It's from an '85 Fleetwood RWD Coupe. It's a couple of shades darker than Red.
You can have it. I'm not going to use it. I live near Toms River. Send me a private message.

AElayyat
12-24-06, 08:42 PM

Hey DopeStar, check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-79-1980-90-1992-Cadillac-Deville-Brougham-Dash-Pad_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQihZ017QQitem Z270071008239QQtcZphoto

DopeStar 156
12-26-06, 02:57 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I just put a bid on that dash top.

theGman
01-02-07, 06:11 PM
I have a dashtops.com one on my 95; looks great. Fits great too.