: Turn Signal Issue

DopeStar 156
12-21-06, 02:24 AM
My passenger side turn signal went out so I replaced the bulb. According to the shop manual and the original bulb the number is 2057, a double fillament bulb. When I put it in, both fillaments light up and my turn signals don't function on that side. I don't think this is the wrong bulb so why is it not working?

Rick186
12-21-06, 12:45 PM
Could you have gotten a crappy bulb?
I had a Corvair that I replaced a tail light bulb that when I turned the motor off with the turn signal on, the motor kept running with a rumm-rumm-rumm and so on, in time with the turn signal flasher.
The bulb was internally shorted out. It was the funniest thing you ever heard.
Johnson Chevrolet's service department gathered around and had one helluva laugh when I drove down there and showed it off. :histeric:

DaveSmed
12-21-06, 05:47 PM
Taake the bulb back out and look at the two little lugs on the base. There staggered. 9/10 times with the scenario you posted the bulb didn't seat right for some reason.

Barring that, both filaments lighting up could also be a ground issue. Put the turn signal on and wiggle the bulb around in the socket and see if it starts working.

DopeStar 156
12-22-06, 02:06 AM
Actually, I figured it out, I put it in the wrong way. I flipped it 180* and it works now. Thanks though!