Cadillac Owners Forum banner

93 Eldo- Installing head unit. Wiring??

Tags
seville
782 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Danwec 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I've searched and couldn't find anything informative, the search function blows, and searched for words induvidually, not combined.

I have a 93 Eldo, I don't believe it has the Bose system, and the speakers are aftermarket anyways.
It had an aftermarket head unit, (JVC) but the previous owner removed it upon sale.
He took his harness too. So now I'm left with two plugs in the dash which I've clipped off, leaving the wires- one with 4 wires (Yellow, Gray, Brown/wh, and Black) and one with 8 wires (Black, Yellow, Black/orng, Green/wh, Brown/wh, Green/blk, another Brown/wh, and Brown)

I can't seem to be able to make any headway installing my Pioneer HU!
I've got the basic wires figured out (power, switched, illum, and ground.. I think....) but I don't know what the power antenna wire is, and I have no idea what the speaker wires are (there seems to be only 6 or 7???)
Even testing them systematically doesn't yeild any sound...

I know this has to work fine without any other parts since there was already an aftermarket HU in place.
Someone please help... I can't drive around with a hole in the dash much longer...

Dan
(Also posted in the Eldo/Seville section)

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, the thing that confused me was that there WAS an aftermarket HU there.
Anyways, as I PM'd ya, problem solved. The aftermarket harness had fallen in behind the trim and I didn't know it was there. Really nice, done by a shop, had another harness in the back by the rear amp... there's a relay there for the antenna and everything, very cleanly done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.