: xm artist trouble

mrstang94
12-20-06, 04:36 PM
I have a 2004 srx without the nav and was wondering eventhough xm stinks and im soon to hopefully recieve the sirus converter for christmas from my lovely g/friend how when a song is playing do you get it to tell you the song/artist info. All I get is the channel its on. I also have an ext and in that,I just use the "info" button, "info", button in the srx scrolls the tire pressuse, mpg ect... Please help some time when they are not playing the same songs over and over on 20 on 20 I hear a good one and like to know who sing it.

MortnCyn
12-21-06, 07:15 AM
The toggle button/switch to the left of the radio display. Keep pressing the top of the button to get artist etc. They wasted a lot of the screen by showing ARTIST etc. which uses space that could show the name of the song. Trust this will work for you.

keeton
12-21-06, 09:35 PM
There are four programmable buttons on the left and right of the radio display. You need to program one of them for "info" - the icon will be a big, lowercase "i". When you press "i" while the clock is displayed, you will get the station ID, if you press it again wile the station ID is displayed, you will get the title/artist/category information. This is not the same as the "Info" button on the right of the dash.

I really wish they had given the option for these displays to remain on by default. I find it inconvenient to have to cycle through the displays when I want to know what song is playing. I drove a CTS with the navigation system as a service loaner. It can display all of the info continuously as long as a map is not being displayed.

MortnCyn
12-22-06, 08:23 AM
There are four programmable buttons on the left and right of the radio display. You need to program one of them for "info" - the icon will be a big, lowercase "i". When you press "i" while the clock is displayed, you will get the station ID, if you press it again wile the station ID is displayed, you will get the title/artist/category information. This is not the same as the "Info" button on the right of the dash.

I really wish they had given the option for these displays to remain on by default. I find it inconvenient to have to cycle through the displays when I want to know what song is playing. I drove a CTS with the navigation system as a service loaner. It can display all of the info continuously as long as a map is not being displayed.
I had forgotten about having to program buttons etc. I agree that it would be nice if the display remained on for Artist etc. Too much reaching for buttons. The toggle for temp, tire pressure etc. should have been on the driver side and the radio scan/seek on the right since one can do that on the steering wheel.

mrstang94
12-22-06, 06:21 PM
thank-you all for your help!!! Im going to give it a try and at least you get a cadillac for a service loaner I own two caddys the srx and the ext and today when the brakes went in for service for third time I got an impala...nice right? Time for a new dealership...especially when they give me a hard time for things they cant fix right the first time they also told me there is no way to get the artist on my srx's xm