: Good News...Bondurant To Get "V"'s...

Chef
12-20-06, 09:34 AM
They have already started to arrive for the instructors to play with along with new C6's. This will really be a good learning lesson in how our diffs can be strengthened slash live.

Most of what they do is only intake and suspension but we'll wait and see for the fireworks. First day out an instructor threw pistons and rods on the C6:eek: ---I can only imagine when our "V"'s hit the pavement:alchi:

I'm watching closely as to what they'll do...:suspense:

Chef

Flyboy
12-20-06, 01:22 PM
Hi Chef,

I moving from Michigan to Arizona.

Give me a call (248) 613-9000. We need to get together. I just put a deposit on a new home in the 55th Avenue/Happy Valley Road vicinity.

G--
12-20-06, 08:33 PM
They have already started to arrive for the instructors to play with along with new C6's. This will really be a good learning lesson in how our diffs can be strengthened slash live.

Most of what they do is only intake and suspension but we'll wait and see for the fireworks. First day out an instructor threw pistons and rods on the C6:eek: ---I can only imagine when our "V"'s hit the pavement:alchi:

I'm watching closely as to what they'll do...:suspense:

Chef

Chef, Can you give us an update on what you hear in a week or two with this? I am VERY curious on what their thoughts are on performance, handling, etc., etc.

heavypedal
12-20-06, 09:14 PM
Ditto...very interested in what those guys have to say. I went to Bondurant when they were pushing Fords (Mustang GTs and Taurus SHO's as instructor cars) The Corvette was on its way in. I owned an '89 SHO at the time, so of course I was able to get the instructor to take me for a hot lap (at the least!) The fact they are getting V's makes me want to go back.

heavypedal
12-20-06, 09:22 PM
Actually...the CTS-V is my grown up (and pumped up) version of my old SHO. It was a black on black sleeper....meaning no cop troubles with the SHO or with the V (yet)

dvandentop
12-20-06, 09:46 PM
damn threw a rod and piston in the c6 :(

yeah cant wait to see how they hold up!

Ronsv
12-20-06, 10:30 PM
I too moved from an SHO to a V, have to say my 92 sho was one hell of a car!

Chef
12-21-06, 12:54 AM
Hi Chef,

I moving from Michigan to Arizona.

Give me a call (248) 613-9000. We need to get together (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#). I just put a deposit on a new home in the 55th Avenue/Happy Valley Road vicinity.

sounds good - will do.

They flog those cars to test them as well meaning drain the oil and drive it until it blows.

I sent an e-mail to Chuck Mallet on what diff he put in and his reply was (I built one):sneaky: aaaah. 9 inch? IRS? Want to see what he and others with over 800hp have done.

They keep the engine stock, stock cam, etc. because those intructors have a tendancy to get a little tweeky when it comes to hp. I will certainly chime in when I hear any news at all.

Chef

CIWS
12-21-06, 05:21 AM
I will certainly chime in when I hear any news at all.

Chef

Great Chef thanks for the info :thumbsup:

heavypedal
12-21-06, 09:56 AM
Man....its amazing what those cars go through in a day....a set of brakes, a set of tires, fluid replacements, etc. I hope the GM engineers follow up with Bondurant to get feedback on the car (like it will matter... any changes will probably show up 3 years later)

lunarx
12-21-06, 10:04 AM
Man....its amazing what those cars go through in a day....a set of brakes, a set of tires, fluid replacements, etc. I hope the GM engineers follow up with Bondurant to get feedback on the car (like it will matter... any changes will probably show up 3 years later)
Let's hope changes show up in the 09 V.
It's too late for our generation of V.
However, I am very curious as to what mods are needed to get the current track mules to survive.

thebigjimsho
12-21-06, 10:53 AM
Excellent! More SHO owners! Former '92 owner here...

50 4Ever
01-02-07, 07:13 PM
I was on the phone with them today scheduling a couple classes and I asked about the V's. They said they have a couple and are not sure when, or if, they will offer them in a class, or even what class(s).

I will be down there April 2nd and 3rd.

dvandentop
01-02-07, 07:42 PM
do they have the new zo6's??

guyspat
01-02-07, 08:17 PM
'92 and '95 SHOs for me. Great cars - amazing how Caddy picked up the ball with the CTS-V that Ford dropped.

50 4Ever
01-02-07, 11:16 PM
do they have the new zo6's??

Not to my knowledge, the Z06 course writeup on the website says 405 HP not 505 HP. The car they offer for my class is a Mustang SVT Cobra. What is SVT anyway besides Special Vehicle Team?

HiTechRV
01-03-07, 07:27 PM
Chef do you have contacts at the school? I'd also love to see posts here on what changes they make to the V's.

50 4Ever
01-03-07, 07:57 PM
Chef do you have contacts at the school? I'd also love to see posts here on what changes they make to the V's.

Me too!

Chef
01-03-07, 09:11 PM
They have V's and the C6's are almost in but the jury is still out. That much HP will get alot of people in serious trouble. Remember Ron Fellow's V's are running 500hp at around the same weight as the C6. Sure carbon fiber etc. etc. but they're thinking twice on those I believe.

The changes they do is in direct relationship to who is sponsoring them at the time. Blisten, Eibach, etc.

The changes are intake, brakes/pads, suspension and that's about it. I don't know what they've done if any as of yet on V's.

I'll keep you updated!:bouncy: If and when I hear some news...

pabstcadillac
01-09-07, 10:30 PM
In my stumblings around town today I ran into Ken Thom (Bob's right hand man & VP of the Bondurant empire) & I asked him point blank several questions about this situation & went as far as to tell him this information was going to be posted so here is what he said- They have 9 V's in their possession. Classes will start late March early April. All 9 V's are to remain stock this is because they do not own the cars, GM still does.

50 4Ever
01-10-07, 12:38 AM
In my stumblings around town today I ran into Ken Thom (Bob's right hand man & VP of the Bondurant empire) & I asked him point blank several questions about this situation & went as far as to tell him this information was going to be posted so here is what he said- They have 9 V's in their possession. Classes will start late March early April. All 9 V's are to remain stock this is because they do not own the cars, GM still does.

That's too bad they'll remain stock, I'm confirmed in their Advanced Road Racing course April 2nd & 3rd. I guess I'll stick with that course instead of trying to switch. I would love to take a course with the V, but not stock. I think I'll have fun with their race prepared Mustang Cobra SVT's.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/504ever/lscorkscrewsig.jpg

lunarx
01-10-07, 12:50 AM
I'm sure they will change something.
A stock V is as unlikely as a black car w/o swirl marks.

I guess we will have to wait and see what they end up doing after the cars get a few sessions under their belts.

pabstcadillac
01-10-07, 08:34 AM
I'm sure they will change something.
A stock V is as unlikely as a black car w/o swirl marks.

I guess we will have to wait and see what they end up doing after the cars get a few sessions under their belts.

I'm just repeating what I was told, but that would be what I would guess. After all they did build a race car out of the darn thing. Who knows, GM may also give Bob & the gang the go ahead to modify if they get some pressure to.

Chef
01-11-07, 08:18 PM
I'm just repeating what I was told, but that would be what I would guess. After all they did build a race car (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#) out of the darn thing. Who knows, GM may also give Bob & the gang the go ahead to modify if they get some pressure to.

That was said for the vettes as well but they have done complete suspension changes as well and with the Pontiacs & stangs. I repeat, intake, brakes, suspension at a minimum by sponsored purveyors. The Pontiacs are serviced (contracted) to Coulter Motor Company for thier work - (I was there when they brought one in and asked the Q)...

Can you imagine stock suspension:histeric:

Right now the V's are for the intructors not students - He probably didn't mention that either? Used in lead / follow and so forth. Perhaps it will end up in the students hands very soon.

Chef

pabstcadillac
01-11-07, 11:11 PM
That was said for the vettes as well but they have done complete suspension changes as well and with the Pontiacs & stangs. I repeat, intake, brakes, suspension at a minimum by sponsored purveyors. The Pontiacs are serviced (contracted) to Coulter Motor Company for thier work - (I was there when they brought one in and asked the Q)...

Can you imagine stock suspension:histeric:

Right now the V's are for the intructors not students - He probably didn't mention that either? Used in lead / follow and so forth. Perhaps it will end up in the students hands very soon.

Chef

I am aware of all of this, that's why I mentioned that public courses will be available in March/April. Cadillaccontes is a good friend of Ken's & we happened to be in her office at the same time at Coulter the other day when he & I had the discussion.

Chef
01-11-07, 11:27 PM
Yep...GM owns them and will allow only "bolt ons". I'm sure they'll swap them out quite frequently :thumbsup: year by year of course...:)

Bondurant
02-08-07, 12:39 PM
Alright alright....lets clear up some confusion! :)

First off....the CTS-V will go into use THIS COMING MONDAY! It will be used in our 2 and 3 day High Performance Driving Course only at this point in time. Of course, they are all manuals so students needing automatic transmission will be in a regular CTS. You can read the press release about this here (http://www.bondurant.com/multimedia/pressreleases.php).

As was said by who talked to our GM, Ken Thom, we don't own any of our new cars which will limit some of the stuff we do to them, but I do not think it will keep up from doing the normal stuff we do. The reason it is like this is because we will be getting new cars every year and returning these to GM.

Yes, we do have some C6 Corvettes around. Some base, some Z51 packages, and yes, a Z06 to play with. None are in use yet. I also am not aware of any of them popping an engine. We will be getting a LOT more cars in the coming months so keep an eye out on our website or feel free to PM me on here.

Drive hard. Drive safe!

50 4Ever
02-08-07, 01:01 PM
Great news. From a high level what are the main differences between the 2-day Advanced Road Racing Course and the 2-day High Performance Driving Course?

I notice that the April 2nd 2-day Advanced Road Racing class is full, are there a bunch of NASCAR guys signed up preparing for road courses?

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Ross DeVore
02-08-07, 01:58 PM
You think there might be a possibility of a "group buy" type of situation with Bondurant and their High speed classes with the Vs? Arrange for a class to be nothing but current V owners? Bet GM might even like that, especially before the next V is out, could be fun for us and good PR work for Cadillac/GM.

Ross DeVore

Bondurant
02-08-07, 04:38 PM
Great news. From a high level what are the main differences between the 2-day Advanced Road Racing Course and the 2-day High Performance Driving Course?

I notice that the April 2nd 2-day Advanced Road Racing class is full, are there a bunch of NASCAR guys signed up preparing for road courses?

Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

If you have racing experience or have taken a previous course, the ARR course is definitely for you. The HPD course does not involve as much track time and starts from the basics so you will spend more time on the skid pad.

I don't know if the April 2 ARR is full due to NASCAR guys or not, but its a great possibility. I know that Jimmy Johnson is coming out with his buddy Nick Lachey again soon, but I don't know if its for an ARR or if its on that date.

Ross DeVore - I definitely think that is a good idea but I am not in a position to put something like that into action. The best thing to do would be to call one of our sales guys and tell them about the interest. We only have two guys who handle individual sales, Mike and Lee, and they'd be happy to discuss the possibility of setting something like that up.

odla
02-08-07, 04:50 PM
Ross DeVore has a great idea. i would be interested if a trck was close enough.

50 4Ever
02-08-07, 05:10 PM
If you have racing experience or have taken a previous course, the ARR course is definitely for you. The HPD course does not involve as much track time and starts from the basics so you will spend more time on the skid pad.

Thanks, I am confirmed in the April 2nd ARR class. Can't wait, even if I do have to drive a Ford.

:thumbsup:

Chef
02-08-07, 06:13 PM
hmmmm. Good stuff indeed. If "Bondurant" is Matt Williams? then hello? If not all good. If it's Jerry Arms? Your son is killing it at work and is on his way...:thumbsup:

If it's Bob? You're in a STS-V not a cts-v...as the promo reads...*grin*

All good and ready for a group "V"oodstock?

Bondurant
02-09-07, 11:09 AM
Good guesses...but wrong :)

I think when we originally got some CTS-Vs Bob still had his old CTS-V which is likely where the quote came from. Bob switched to a STS-V somewhat recently, but did drive a CTS-V as his daily for a while.

50_4Ever - You will have an awesome time, I promise you that! Should be great weather while you're here too!

So what kind of interest do you think we could drum up for a custom V "owners course"?

BadCad
02-09-07, 11:35 AM
So what kind of interest do you think we could drum up for a custom V "owners course"?
I for one would be interested... :yup:

ctsvett
02-09-07, 10:39 PM
Bondurant,
E-mail me and lets talk... VoodFest could be coming back again..

Reed

Chef
02-10-07, 10:35 AM
pm sent

MLV
02-11-07, 01:34 PM
I for one would be interested... :yup:

Me too!:thumbsup: