: Short Story

capt. dan
12-19-06, 01:30 PM
I have been taking the same route to work for a couple years now. It is a two lane back country road with about 3 areas that are acceptable for passing. For the past several weeks I have come up on a silver 4 door Lexus. Itís a 300 series maybe an ES300, never paid much attention. Anyways I would make it to the passing zone and if clear go right by him. Not a problem in the V. This got to be a regular occurrence. Last Tuesday I went to pass him and he decided to make it a little difficult by speeding up. Caught me off guard and had to do a quick downshift to avoid oncoming traffic. A little upset at first but got the blood pumping and felt good after a few minutes. Missed him on Wednesday. Thursday came and I was ready when I came up on him, already had it in fourth and made the break when it was clear. He didnít do a thing. Friday came and he decided to speed up before every passing zone so I did not pass. Now I am a little aggravated because he would slow down after the passing zones. I am not out and be driving crazy and do a 100 mph to pass on a back road and once you miss those passing zones you are stuck behind whoever is in front of you for about 8 miles. Yesterday I was running late and did not see him. Today was sweet revenge. I was ready today and went to pass in the longest passing zone of all of them. I get up beside him with both of us doing about 80 mph. My V1 makes a couple bleeps and I immediately drop down to 50 and pull back behind him. 3 seconds later around the corner comes a local sheriff, does a u-turn, turns on his lights, passes me and pulls him over. A little wave and a smile as I pass him and a nice pleasant cruise on the rest of the way to work.

trekster
12-19-06, 01:35 PM
HAHA, Good Story. That's what the bastard gets. When people piss me off on the street. I follow them for a good 10-15 mins. They panic everytime, trying to lose me. I always catch up. I remember one time some lady flipped me off for no apparent reason, so I decide to follow her for a bit and she called the cops. Since, I saw her do that I just turned back and went on with my route. Can't do a thing since, I didn't break a crime. That's how I fvck with people.

The Tony Show
12-19-06, 01:54 PM
I never understood the "You're not passing me!" mentality. They're perfectly content doing 45 in a 65, yet when you try to pass they speed up.

Good thing that's not much of a problem in the V. 2nd gear flybys at 45 mph are fun!

sefa01
12-19-06, 02:03 PM
The V1 is wonderful, isn't it. Had them for years in all of my cars.

ctsvflorida
12-19-06, 02:05 PM
That is freakin great, what a story! I mean he/she is not lookin to play right? Just wants to f*** with ya right? I hate people like that! He got what he deserved but now you have to worry drivin that route because you know he told the cop about you passin him every day! Be careful now!

These stories are great because it seems that people want to mess with drivers who drive a little faster than normal all the time. If the speed limit is 70mph (which it is here in FL) and you drive at 78-82mph, then they are always in your way and wantin to mess with ya for no reason because you're goin faster. I have soooo many stories that I can't even begin to tell you one but I love to hear em!

P.S. Yes, I have thrown things at idiots and one guy wanted me to pull over the other day and I quickly pulled to the side and he drove past me and I laughed, then continued driving! A little extreme there but I get so aggravated, I can't help myself! Problem is, you can get shot from one of these nuts as hand to hand...I am not worried...pulls a gun and...RUH ROAHHHH! Smile and...RUN!

heavymetals
12-19-06, 02:08 PM
Great story.

Next time you come up against the guy do the same thing. Pull up next to him (as if to pass), then hit the brakes and drop back. :suspense:

Bet ya he either panic stops, or pulls over.:histeric:

BadCad
12-19-06, 03:12 PM
interesting stories above.... you pull that sh!t around here and you get shot at. just best to ignore those dumbsh!ts IMHO.

Silver Dollar
12-19-06, 03:19 PM
Have pitty on the poor guy, he's driving a lex-ass for cripes sake.
He can't beat the V, only mess with it.

It's sad. I'm getting a little misty-eyed thinking about it.....*sniff*

rand49er
12-19-06, 04:27 PM
Great story ... making it even better is that it was a Toyota!

BTW, I simply LOVE heavy's suggestion. :histeric:

capt. dan
12-19-06, 04:28 PM
Its not that he was really a slow driver, on the straights he would do about 10 over the limit. And that is a good speed for me. Its when we got into the curves that I couldnt take being behind him. I am not driving like a mad man, just enjoy doing the same speed in the corners that I do on the straights, when weather permits. This is only the second time I have seen a sheriff on this road in the mornings and he was not stopped looking for us, just happened to be coming the opposite way and caught this guy doing 80 in a 50...:D Guess I better watch myself for while.

dqw1
12-19-06, 05:32 PM
Nice story. By the way, where is Helena?

dqw1
12-19-06, 05:59 PM
I went ahead and looked it up, south of B'Ham.