: 93 Fleetwood Brougham Head Rest Adjustments

mag410
12-19-06, 12:25 PM
I recently bought a 93 Fleetwood Brougham.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150059097320&rd=1&rd=1

There was no owner's manual with the car. Are the head rests adjustable fore and aft? The head rest sticks so far foward that I have to tilt the seat way back, and run the seat bottom all the way down, to keep the head rest out of the way. It looks like there is some kind of adjustment as the mounting bracket is at the extreme end of the slot in the bottom of the read rest.

Michael

caddycruiser
12-19-06, 11:10 PM
Great car and from an AWESOME guy we all know and love over on the Impala SS forum--Fred/Ruphrax.

As for the headrests, on a Brougham, the standard position is just pretty much straight up & down (not tilted), but if you lift them up, you can also rotate them forward so they tilt closer to you. I love the feel of a head rest for support, and though these don't really do that completely, I keep my driver's one fully extended up from the seat and fully rotated forward.

If that bugs you, just rotate it backwards to the standard "straight" position and lower it down into the seat (if it isn't already). In that position, unless you're situated funny in the seat, it shouldn't really ever even touch you.

codewize
12-19-06, 11:37 PM
Yeah you should just be able to tilt them the way you want. Lift it up and try tilting it. I know the one on my drivers side sticks some times and almost feels like it's broken when I move it, but it works.

N0DIH
12-20-06, 05:49 PM
The 94-96's can also go forward and back too.

arivera
01-14-07, 08:46 PM
Is the head rest adjustable on the regular fleetwood too? i know it's a stupid question, but i would really like to know.

N0DIH
01-14-07, 10:42 PM
I am not sure, it might be a FW Brougham option. Look at it,does it have long slots front to back under it? Mine do. It rolls forward and back, but push it forward and it should lock forward. Now that I have it, I can't stand a car without it. Soooo much more comfortable....