: Is It Just Me?

GMJim
12-19-06, 12:09 PM
Am I stupid to think my 04 SRX V6 RWD Ultra view, 3rd row, drivers package, etc....with 58K is worth a little more than the 13K the dealer offered me on a trade in for a 07 SRX Sport? My carpet has never seen a shoe (rugs), The exterior gets washed almost daily, waxed quarterly, the engine is mantinance properlly, new rubber, new brakes. I just don't understand how a 45K vehicle is worth 13K. Matter of fact, my vehicle was cleaner than the one I test drove. By the way, they could get me right into a lease with the 30K a year i need for almost $800.00 a month. SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c5 rv
12-19-06, 12:48 PM
From KBB trade in value, listing your options and mileage:

Fair: $12,955
Good: $14,935
Excellent: $16,050

Unfortunately, $13K sounds like a normal first offer for a trade-in. Was that lease rate for just the new vehicle (sounds about right for 30K a year) or did it include an amount you may be upside down for on the trade?

nstar
12-19-06, 12:50 PM
Am I stupid to think my 04 SRX V6 RWD Ultra view, 3rd row, drivers package, etc....with 58K is worth a little more than the 13K the dealer offered me on a trade in for a 07 SRX Sport? My carpet has never seen a shoe (rugs), The exterior gets washed almost daily, waxed quarterly, the engine is mantinance properlly, new rubber, new brakes. I just don't understand how a 45K vehicle is worth 13K. Matter of fact, my vehicle was cleaner than the one I test drove. By the way, they could get me right into a lease with the 30K a year i need for almost $800.00 a month. SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think your seeing the problems associated with this vehicle ,$355 TO REPLACE $6.00 PARKING LIGHT, water leaks poor fit and finish have caught up with this vehicle.I have a 04 AWD V8 that I tryed to trade found same probem with resale also trying to trade for SRX . You would think cadillac knowing the problems with this vehicle they would try to get people back into SRX if problems were fixed.I know in my area used SRX set on used car lots for weeks the end up at auction which to me runs price of resale down .In my case the price I paid being I bought vehicle new and the price they are bringing is something that I can't afford to let happen again.

TSS
12-19-06, 01:23 PM
It is not just Cadillac. Lets be fair here. Cars are inherantly the single worst "investment" you can make. If you are worried about resale values, keeping a vehicle longer than 2-3 years is a must. With that said, 13K surprised me too. I was pretty upset that my loaded pristine 2001 Tahoe LT brought so little on trade this summer. However, I just don't have the time or desire to sell stuff myself anymore.

GMJim
12-19-06, 01:32 PM
c5 rv, That was the rate. I am not upside down at all. I'm currently in a 0% loan. Looks like i'm keeping the 04, and drive it till the wheels fall off.

sgilbert
12-19-06, 01:49 PM
c5 rv, Looks like i'm keeping the 04, and drive it till the wheels fall off.

Ditto! I attempted to trade several months ago, and was offered $22k at one dealer and, after screaming, got to $23k at another dealer. This was on an '07 Escalade ESV.

I'll be here for quite awhile with my '04 V8 AWD loaded SRX. Only when the repairs exceed the value will I look to trade it in! :thepan:

c5 rv
12-19-06, 10:03 PM
I feel really good that I leased my SRX. Since I drive a lot of miles, I also have to keep a second daily driver. Hopefully, two nice vehicles will keep my new vehicle addiction under control.

dietermod
12-19-06, 11:36 PM
Given your screen name you should know the drill by now. Just make sure you are the second owner. Most non-V series Caddys tend to be very well taken care of and either have way high miles because they were some sales exec's company car or real low miles because some retiree had it to tool around. Another nice thing about current model Caddys is that they have taken a page from the BMW, Mercedes, Porsche playbook and keep the designs stable from year to year instead of screwing around with the grill and taillights every year like they did in the 70s and 80s. Other than the new interior this year, 04 through current models are pretty indestinquishable.

GMJim
12-21-06, 06:41 AM
This is from the dealer that offered me 13K for my similar vehicle.
Mine has ultraview, 6 CD, premium wheels, 3rd row, wood trim, etc.

http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_cardetail.html?x_dealer_id=AAFOc&vinNum=1GYDE637240134572

I may have born at night, but not last night!

Northern SRX
12-22-06, 07:59 AM
I was worried about resale on these things, so I leased. The residual on my '04 V8 AWD was set at $33k Cdn and, given that it was a demo, I got $14k Cdn off MSRP - so, I'm paying relatively little for the pleasure of the experience. Interestingly, I could buy an equally equipped and similar mileage '04 SRX right now for less than what my residual will be 23 months from now.

So, I'm not planning to buy my current ride. A better strategy would be to let it go and jump into a CPO '07 with similar equipment - either on a purchase or lease.

Smokin' SRX
12-23-06, 11:57 AM
Ditto! I attempted to trade several months ago, and was offered $22k at one dealer and, after screaming, got to $23k at another dealer. This was on an '07 Escalade ESV.

I'll be here for quite awhile with my '04 V8 AWD loaded SRX. Only when the repairs exceed the value will I look to trade it in! :thepan:

Hi! I have same '04, V-8, $57K MSRP in '04, etc, same equipment, MINT condition w/23K miles! Paid $47 for it, but w/ a "Smart Buy"!! This is almost same as a lease, and I will give it back @ 4 years end!! We love the truck but the V-8 Northstar is a trade buster!! Gas is just too high, again!! Also I don't want to own it when warranty runs out!! Mag-Ride shocks are $ 1200 each!!! And my built-in phone will not work after Jan, 2008!!! (country going Digital, not ANALOG , after that.) Thanks F.C.C!!

Meantime, I enjoy our SRX and you still look like I'm driving an '07!!!!!:bouncy:

Just for kicks, went to look at new 5 passenger, V-6 only, Lincoln MKX, SUV/Crossover truck! Nice, but no phone option of any kind (built-in/Bluetooth, etc), no lights on any inside door panels to warn on-coming traffic, and WON'T easily fit in my standard garage ( 94" wide , but MKX is about 6" wider than SRX at 79" with mirrors folded in/89" mirrors out) and as w/ SRX, there is no power- fold option w/ Lincoln either! (I love my GMC '03 Yukon :)

Think I'll get a lease on a new '08 SRX, as soon as my lease runs out in late '07 , and the V-8 MSRP prices get even more discounted! What a truck! What a deal! (Thank God I leased!) :yup:

NewCaddyFan
12-27-06, 02:45 PM
Blue book is blue book. I believe I read somewhere that on average a three year old car is less than 50% it's original value. Most (especially dealers) don't care how anul you are about your vehicle or how much after market investment you put into it. GM & American cars (mostly due to quality control) suffer the most. Who wants a 3/4 year old caddy with 50 to 60k on it and OUT of Warranty. In addition most of us (myself included) didn't pay anywhere near retail new for our cars. So when GM eats a full year depreciation on an end of the year close out and throws in a 5k rebate don't kid yourself that you bought a say 50k car for 40k. You really paid 40k for a 40k car that dropped even more the moment you drove it off the lot.

If you want to beat the depreciation game a little...buy/order "next years" model in late summer. ie your driving a 2008 in late summer/fall 2007. When you go to sell it 1-2-3-years later it will actually be just the 1-2-3 years you had it. Hope that makes sense. :hmm: Cheers