: Would it be a sin to put 22" alloy or silver rims on the new lade?

DLH
12-18-06, 11:57 PM
Chromes are just a bit too much for me and I have forged alloys on my other two cars, which I really like. Furthermore, I think the RR and Lexus look much classier with non-chrome rims. Not looking to go black or white. Anyone seen or have any pics of nice alloys for the '07 lade? 22's.

Thanks

EXTadic
12-19-06, 02:08 AM
Chromes are just a bit too much for me and I have forged alloys on my other two cars, which I really like. Furthermore, I think the RR and Lexus look much classier with non-chrome rims. Not looking to go black or white. Anyone seen or have any pics of nice alloys for the '07 lade? 22's.

Thanks

Oh I see, now it's a black vs. white thing. Is that where you're headed?

homeslice
12-19-06, 02:54 AM
I'm with you..I am powdercoating all the chrome on my 07 Black and getting some non-chrome wheels asap. I love the truck but need to de-bling it...

Synergetic
12-19-06, 05:02 AM
Oh I see, now it's a black vs. white thing. Is that where you're headed?

Are you drunk man? This is the second post I found tonight that is a little KOO-KOO from you :bonkers:

I think that this is a cool look DLH - not exactly chrome, and not an 07 obviously:
http://www.dazzmotorsports.com/gallery/data/media/3/CLS_LE1v2.jpg

hcvone
12-19-06, 07:56 AM
Nothing wrong with doing that. I may put black powdercoated wheels on at least one of my Escalade's.

DLH
12-19-06, 08:19 AM
Are you drunk man? This is the second post I found tonight that is a little KOO-KOO from you :bonkers:

I think that this is a cool look DLH - not exactly chrome, and not an 07 obviously:
http://www.dazzmotorsports.com/gallery/data/media/3/CLS_LE1v2.jpg

I like those and I really like that model benz

TheCaddyKidd
12-19-06, 09:48 AM
i say go for it.. i think it would look pretty sweet....

D-man
12-19-06, 11:49 AM

Thanks

NO!! It would NOT be a sin:highfive:

I have been looking for a 5 or 6-spoke machined, alloy or "hyper-silver" rim, exposed rivets, etc. for a while now and I just can't find one that I like. I want to put them on a black 07 EXT with 1.5 to 2.5 drop to make more of a "performance" look without going overboard.

It sems they are everywhere for 15-19" rims "for cars", but not for Trucks, 6-bolt, etc.

American Racing has what is called an RT-S 5-spoke that I like but only in chrome or black.

"D-man"

DLH
12-19-06, 02:04 PM
I'm really digging the HRE 9 series but at near 2k a wheel that's a sin. Baby may have to go without shoes cos Daddy's new truck really likes these.

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/series2.asp?series=940R

Having only had alloy wheels in the past can someone please explain the difference between a chrome and silver finish. To the naked eye the silver wheels look cleaner and more like a mirror to me. Also, I am assuming polished is the same as alloy? Yes-No?

Synergetic
12-19-06, 02:54 PM
I'm really digging the HRE 9 series but at near 2k a wheel that's a sin.

Depending on the size, but thats seems reasonable. You can spend half that on a wheel and find a year later the chrome is peeling on the lip, or it wasn't machined correctly. You get what you pay for.

DLH
12-19-06, 07:06 PM
Nothing wrong with doing that. I may put black powdercoated wheels on at least one of my Escalade's.

Not sure I understand the concept behind powdercoating. Does this mean I could take a set of chrome wheels and essentially convert them to the same look as alloy or polished? Because of my special interest in wheels I've been noticed that the nicer cars and trucks on the road do NOT have chrome but rather alloy and/or silver. I believe this is the way to go so as to set my truck apart from the rest. Don't get me wrong chrome is nice but that seems to be the craze right now.:stirpot:

Thanks

Kappa-Lac
12-19-06, 10:12 PM
Not sure I understand the concept behind powdercoating. Does this mean I could take a set of chrome wheels and essentially convert them to the same look as alloy or polished? Because of my special interest in wheels I've been noticed that the nicer cars and trucks on the road do NOT have chrome but rather alloy and/or silver. I believe this is the way to go so as to set my truck apart from the rest. Don't get me wrong chrome is nice but that seems to be the craze right now.:stirpot:

Thanks

I put chrome wheels on my 87 maxima back in 1991 when I was 16 yrs old. That was almost 15 years ago.....

15 years is a long time for a "craze".

DLH
12-20-06, 09:49 AM
I put chrome wheels on my 87 maxima back in 1991 when I was 16 yrs old. That was almost 15 years ago.....

You were just smart enough to be ahead of the curve.

DLH
12-20-06, 09:51 AM

Or maybe you started this whole damn chrome thing:worship:

D-man
12-20-06, 09:52 AM

Thanks

In it's simplest explanation; Powdecoating is painting baked to a temperature of of over 350degrees. There's more to it than that, but again, "simple explanation". If it's the "machined / gun-metal" alloy look then, no Powdercoating is not what you are looking for. You "can" powdercoat chrome wheels to "any" color you want, however. There is a company in Fullerton, CA that does this. http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=140377&InfoID=2505

I have heard it comes out pretty good, for rims. I have a race car that the chassis is completey powdercoated on and you can "almost" beat-on it without flaking/chipping or cracking.

I for one, am determined to find a "machined/alloy" rim that I like.

"D-man"

DLH
12-20-06, 10:06 AM
I for one, am determined to find a "machined/alloy" rim that I like.

"D-man"

Thanks !..yah I'm with you on that...may go ahead and move on the HRE's. I've seen them on RR's and like the look. Please let me know what you find.

vietfob714
12-21-06, 01:36 AM
Doesnt look too bad