: Captree Park - Christmas Eve 2006

jnrandall
12-18-06, 02:33 PM
Don't forget to join us out there next Sunday. In addition to the usual suspects, CTSVFLORIDA will be joining us.

:thumbsup:

Tags63
12-18-06, 09:51 PM
Hey Jesse!!!!

I might be there but it'll depend on how my week goes and then the weather. Happy Holidays if I don't catch you there!!!

Paul:xsmile:

jnrandall
12-19-06, 08:29 AM
Hi Paul,

Hope the weather holds, and you can make it. Happy Holidays to you and yours if not! :bouncy:

Ronsv
12-19-06, 02:22 PM
Hey guys,
The long range forecast is calling for partly cloudy and 50 degrees, not bad for late December. Count me in.

Paul, welcome to the captree gang.

Ron

Happy Holidays to all

jnrandall
12-19-06, 02:48 PM
Hey Ron,

Did you see the Ford GT, Porsche 911 and 350Z racing on the drive back this past weekend? I was wondering how fast you thought the GT was moving. My estimate was 170+. I base this guess on my years of watching F1, live in Montreal and sitting 15 rows back of the start/finish line.

That boy was cookin'!!! :)

Venomous-V
12-19-06, 04:15 PM
probably a stupid question but Where and what is captree park?

wooderson
12-19-06, 09:29 PM
What time do you guys go? Was there a couple of weeks ago saw a silver and a black one but the owners were not with the cars. Last week I was there late no V's.

ctsvflorida
12-19-06, 09:32 PM
Even I'll be there! You should all go! What else will you do Sunday morning? BAH HUMBUG!

VENOMOUSV: It's a big park with wide open roads for racing and hundreds of cars show up there. The cops don't ever break balls and they know we race a lot! It is in Long Island near Robert Moses beach or something like that! Or is it Jones beach? Well...I know how to get there anyway! lol

jnrandall
12-19-06, 10:00 PM
Venomous-V: Captree Park is in the town of West Islip, NY (Long Island)

Wooderson: I am basically arrive between 7:45am - 8:15am. Depending upon the weather and V crowd, I've been there until noon. The V's you saw could have been mine and SlvrVee if between those hours -- but who knows. :) I left last week with RonsV (both Raven) around 10:30-10:45am.

Sometimes I still can't believe I get up on Sunday mornings at 6ish and drive out there from Manhattan. It's a nice drive at the hour -- very calming. As a matter of fact, my sig picture was taken a few weeks ago on the drive out.

atdeneve
12-20-06, 09:31 AM
Did you see the Ford GT, Porsche 911 and 350Z racing on the drive back this past weekend? I was wondering how fast you thought the GT was moving. My estimate was 170+.

What!?!!?! Damn, and the cops don't care? What the hell was the 350Z doin tryna race a 911 and a GT? Musta been delusional.

It's a big park with wide open roads for racing and hundreds of cars show up there. The cops don't ever break balls and they know we race a lot! It is in Long Island near Robert Moses beach or something like that! Or is it Jones beach?

These stories are startin to get me itchin to get out there. A free for all without the cops battin an eye!??! Sheesh! S'like christmas!

Actually, I thought the cops were really tough around the Jones Beach area? Think someone was explainin that there was a section right after you exit Jones Beach, the speed limit is still very low and that, if you pick it up to crusinin speeds, they light ya ass up and give you a ticket, no?

ctsvflorida
12-20-06, 09:42 AM
What!?!!?! Damn, and the cops don't care? What the hell was the 350Z doin, tryna race a 911 and a GT? Musta been delusional.

These stories are makin me itch toget out there. A free for all without the cops battin an eye!??! Sheesh! S'like christmas!

Actually, I thought the cops were really tough around the Jones Beach area? Think someone was explainin that there was a section right after you exit Jones Beach, the speed limit is still very low and that, if you pick it up to crusinin speeds, they light ya ass up and give you a ticket, no?

First of all, if your going, I would go in a snow storm just to meet you! LOL

Let me clean up what I said before. They do know what's going on but don't completely harass everyone. I mean the roads are so open in the morning and all you have to do is check to see what's going on and you're pretty much safe. There are good spots to do it and, of course, bad spots. Bottom line is there are zero cars on the road in that area, that early in the morning so, many cops enjoy what goes on and then there are the ball breaking ones. Racing or not, there are many cool cars there!
I have heard of days where there are 4 cop cars hangin around but most of the time, there is one that strolls in and out and sometimes there are none! Figure that this weekend the cops working will be happy that they will be off at 4pm and going home to see their families on X-mas eve! If you decide to go, then I'll see ya there!

jnrandall
12-20-06, 10:46 AM
There are areas where "The Man" can't hide and lidar you. The speed limit on Ocean Pkway is 55. Cars on the way out and back can run in packs at about 70 without the cops messing with them. There are several spots where you can just open it up. I've been up to about 144mph out there in these spots. You just need to be smart about it.

I believe the GT and 911 where standing still when they took off -- no rolling starts for them. I was about a 1/4 mile out when I saw 2 sets of brake lights. Then poof, they were gone. You could see the rubber they left behind on the ground. I think the 350Z was just playing catch up -- not officially part of the race.

wooderson
12-20-06, 06:42 PM
It's really as good as any car show that you would pay to get into. Exotics, classics, tuners. You name it.... someone has it there. Wouldn't get too comfy with the notion that you can race though. They will grab your ride if you get arrested for a speed contest on Ocean Pkwy.

ctsvflorida
12-20-06, 06:51 PM
It's really as good as any car show that you would pay to get into. Exotics, classics, tuners. You name it.... someone has it there. Wouldn't get too comfy with the notion that you can race though. They will grab your ride if you get arrested for a speed contest on Ocean Pkwy.

I agree with that but never get comfy racin! It is just a good spot with good roads and no traffic but always check for the fuzz! The fuzz! :histeric: When was the last time you heard that?