: New member - love our Black Raven V

1Sonterra
12-17-06, 09:40 PM
Hello from San Antonio! I purchased our 2005 V about a month ago after searching for over 6 months for one. A lot of research and patience....they are hard to come by without paying a premium....and I wanted to drive it before I pulled the trigger. I have had a C5, and a G35 coupe, but this V has them both beat. Power, style and more power!

Here is a link to the dealer pic site I bought it from. Have not got around to taking my own and downloading them yet! Let me know what you think. I had the windows tinted, and thanks to this forum.....I hard wired my Passport 8500 X50! :cool2:

http://buzzlot.com/includes/showpicture.asp?vehicle_id=1G6DN56S250153840&img=/root/data/automanager/ReataChevroletBuickPontiacv2/153840.jpg

urbanski
12-17-06, 10:19 PM
SA eh :)
welcome!
i'm up northwest. Have heard of Reata, dont quite know where they are. We need a TX meet. You're about the 4th or 5th san 'tonian here I know of :)

Jon
12-17-06, 11:34 PM
Welcome and congrats! :)

You picked the best colour!

heavymetals
12-17-06, 11:59 PM
Welcome.

The V is a hoot. :thumbsup:

rand49er
12-18-06, 06:27 AM
Welcome aboard!

And indeed black is beautiful!

RobertCTS
12-18-06, 06:57 AM
Black has been the most popular color in sales of both the CTS & CTS-V.
It really sets off the stealth lines and hints of the Dark Side.:)
Yes, Blackillacs!!:thumbsup:

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 07:45 AM
Very nice selection. :thumbsup:

BLACK_CTSV
12-18-06, 09:52 AM
Good choice! Black is the fastest color! :cheers:

1Sonterra
12-18-06, 08:04 PM
SA eh :)
welcome!
i'm up northwest. Have heard of Reata, dont quite know where they are. We need a TX meet. You're about the 4th or 5th san 'tonian here I know of :)

Thanks for the welcome! It would be cool to get as many V's together for a photo and a hill country run. Keep me in mind, and let's get a list started for the spring.

Let me know if you would be interested.

1Sonterra

jnrandall
12-19-06, 09:32 AM
:welcome:

Chef
12-19-06, 10:36 AM
Welcome to MOD HELL:stirpot:

rand49er
12-19-06, 11:24 AM
... Keep me in mind, and let's get a list started for the spring. ...Doesn't that begin next month for you guys down there? :histeric:

50 4Ever
12-19-06, 01:28 PM
Welcome, great looking V. A black car looks sharp, as long as it's someone elses, I'm too old to take proper care of a black car.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/504ever/05%20CTS-V/CTSV.jpg

HiTechRV
12-19-06, 07:39 PM
I replaced my resale-red 2004 C5 Corvette with a raven black CTS-V as well. The V is quicker though the 'vette cornered better. Overall it really reminds me of a 4 door Corvette. But it's invisible to police!

1Sonterra
12-29-06, 07:45 PM
Doesn't that begin next month for you guys down there? :histeric:

Pretty much......no snow here! Great for the F1's year round....just had the V waxed and it looks great in the sun.

Do you run a winter tire package up there?

M5eatr
12-29-06, 08:13 PM
Welcome, great color by the way.

urbanski
12-29-06, 09:10 PM
Pretty much......no snow here! Great for the F1's year round....just had the V waxed and it looks great in the sun.

Do you run a winter tire package up there?

be careful
the F1 SUCKS in the rain, trust me dont go over 40.
and they're slippery when cold, too.

HiTechRV
12-29-06, 10:02 PM
Wow my "all season" F1's are great in the rain. Not great at 11 degrees though.

vr6aaron
12-29-06, 10:25 PM
I wish I knew you were lookiing for a V i could of sold you mind with exhaust and wheels.:banghead: Oh well. I miss my V (na not really) lol. By the V is sweet, its my first baby. Nice car.

Albertan
12-30-06, 01:20 AM
Black cars with Black interiors + Texas summers=really, really hot cars? And not in a good way? How would I know, my brother lives in Dallas and always buys White cars to keep them cooler in summer. It is a non issue here, we have 3 days of summer and not all next to each other. Black still not a good color though because of all the dust on the streets so mine are Red. They look really nice in a showroom though.
Bruce

urbanski
12-30-06, 07:19 AM
Black cars with Black interiors + Texas summers=really, really hot cars? And not in a good way? How would I know, my brother lives in Dallas and always buys White cars to keep them cooler in summer. It is a non issue here, we have 3 days of summer and not all next to each other. Black still not a good color though because of all the dust on the streets so mine are Red. They look really nice in a showroom though.
Bruce

naw its not so bad dude. you use those reflective things to cover your dash (especially the wheel). sure, there are times i cant even touch the shifter, but the car has damn good AC. besides, id rather burn my hand than be buried up to my ass in snow ;)

trukk
12-30-06, 07:25 AM
Clean Raven Black = BAD ASS
Dirty Raven Black = ASS BAD

I LOVE the black, it is by far the best looking color, WHEN IT"S CLEAN. It immediately goes to the bottom after a few road miles though :(

I was realistic with myself. I don't have the time or inclination to wash/wax my car once a week. I wnet with Light Plat, and love it.

Enjoy your new ride, and GET MODDIN'

-Chris