: New Hotchkis Brackets - Here's the beef!

calicadi
12-17-06, 07:43 PM
Brackets look great. Welded in gussets and plated, too. Just installed this afternoon. Nice and quiet now. Ran a little torture test over some speed-bumps, driveways, etc.. zero bracket distortion.

Great customer service, too. Sent an email to Drew on Monday. Brackets arrived Friday.

When you get yours... do one side at a time and you won't have to fiddle around making clearence adjustments. (This is assuming you made proper adjustments last time 'round.) Grease the bushings up good when reassembling. I use StaLube Multi-Purpose Marine Grease for its' high water replent characteristics. Do not use a silicon based lube. For my '04... On the stands, with suspension in full droop, clearence from bar to shock is 6mm. With wheels back on and set on the ground, clearence is about one inch.

nikon
12-17-06, 08:16 PM
awesome, so they finally came out with a fix...Ill have to give em a call in the a.m.

austin
12-17-06, 09:10 PM
Soooooo...... Will this stop the side to side movement...... Or are the collars still needed?

calicadi
12-17-06, 09:27 PM
These do nothing for side-to-side motion. These are beefed up to prevent distorting when left and right front wheels are in extreme opposition in the vertical plain. I suggest getting the collars so you can have some assurance about the side-to-side motion if you suspect that's occurring.

austin
12-17-06, 09:35 PM
Thanks.... but I already have the collars.. they do nothing for the distortion. I need the beefed up brackets as well. I was just wondering if the collars needed to come off.

calicadi
12-17-06, 09:45 PM
Thanks.... but I already have the collars.. they do nothing for the distortion. I need the beefed up brackets as well. I was just wondering if the collars needed to come off.
Nope. Leave everything as is, don't even have to disconnect the endlinks. Do one side at a time and just unbolt the old and replace with the new. There's enough play once one bracket is off you can left the bar slightly to remove and reinstall the bushing and the spacer plate.

DILLIGAF
12-17-06, 09:47 PM
E-Mail sent,thanks man!

austin
12-18-06, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the tip... I also emailed drew. :)

trekster
12-18-06, 02:23 AM
So, does this mean I should pull the trigger and order one?

rand49er
12-18-06, 06:22 AM
Great news, cali. Email sent. :thumbsup:

Flyin-Ryan
12-18-06, 08:46 AM
Can someone PM me his address? Thank you!

Tags63
12-18-06, 12:27 PM
Hey!!

Can someone post his email or pm it to me. I misplaced it as well.

Thanks,
Paul

Flyin-Ryan
12-18-06, 12:32 PM
Hey!!

Can someone post his email or pm it to me. I misplaced it as well.

Thanks,
Paul

I found it on their website.

The Tony Show
12-18-06, 02:15 PM
Not to disparage anyone at Hotchkis, but the sway bars I ordered for my '99 Miata came with welded reinforcements like the new ones pictured above. I'm shocked that a company would sell sway bars for a car this heavy and try to use the cheapo U shaped brackets pictured there.

austin
12-18-06, 06:10 PM
hey guys.... Anyone hear back from drew yet? I emailed him yesterday, and havn't heard back from him as of yet... Is he on vacation? :)

DILLIGAF
12-18-06, 06:25 PM
hey guys.... Anyone hear back from drew yet? I emailed him yesterday, and havn't heard back from him as of yet... Is he on vacation? :)
Ditto

nice av:bouncy:

DeputyDog
12-18-06, 06:29 PM
I just emailed Drew today. we'll see what happens.

Tags63
12-18-06, 08:24 PM
Hey!!!

Email for Drew??? Anyone..............

Thanks,
Paul

austin
12-18-06, 09:00 PM
>Email for Drew??? Anyone..............

doliver@hotchkis.net

Tags63
12-18-06, 09:24 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

:xsmile::xsmile::xsmile:

atdeneve
12-19-06, 09:09 AM
Guys, last time I sent an email in regards to the collars, I went for quite a while without any response. Finally, I gave a call and spoke with Drew. Got em pretty soon after that - couple days or so.

Probably the best way to ensure that they send you the upgraded component. Give 'em a call and let em take your info: (877)-466-7655. You'll get it much, much quicker.

rand49er
12-19-06, 11:11 AM
... Anyone hear back from drew yet? I emailed him yesterday, and havn't heard back from him as of yet... Is he on vacation? :)

Ditto

I just emailed Drew today. we'll see what happens.My experience is that you'll suddenly get something in the mail and not hear boo out of him (me thinks he's overworked or something).

Florian
12-19-06, 02:05 PM
I called and emailed (emailed yesterday/called this morning) have yet to hear boo.

F

austin
12-20-06, 01:50 PM
Spoke with drew today... My brackets are on the way. Now, along with the collars, that front bar is sure to stay put!! :)

Florian
12-20-06, 02:08 PM
I called and emailed (emailed yesterday/called this morning) have yet to hear boo.

F

Drew emailed me back and said brackets were on the way.

Thanks, Drew!

F

rand49er
12-20-06, 04:07 PM
Drew emailed me back and said brackets were on the way.

Thanks, Drew!

FHey ... I didn't get an email back. :( Wonder if that's significant?!

Flyin-Ryan
12-20-06, 05:17 PM
Hey ... I didn't get an email back. :( Wonder if that's significant?!

I hope thats ok because thats the same for me. I emailed and called and left a message. Im sure it will just show up at my door

calicadi
12-24-06, 07:33 PM
Ooops. In my original post I said, "Do not use a silicon based lube.".

That should read, "Do not use a lithium based lube".

Big difference. Must'a been musing on Dolly Parton at the time of the original post.

trukk
12-27-06, 07:34 AM
Santa brought me new hot's bars for x-mas.

I have one set of the plated/braced brackets, the other set is plain, is this correct?

Also, it is my understanding that I should upgrade the end links when I install. Many have talked about using the Z06 endlinks (? i'm assuming C5 ?), is this still the commonly used solution?

Finally, whats the deal on the collars? My kit did not come with anything. Is this something I need to get myself, or do I contact Hotchkis, or is it something I just don't need?

BTW, I'm impressed with the quality of the bars themselves. Definately beefy.

-Chris

rand49er
12-27-06, 08:18 AM
Santa brought me new hot's bars for x-mas.

I have one set of the plated/braced brackets, the other set is plain, is this correct?

Also, it is my understanding that I should upgrade the end links when I install. Many have talked about using the Z06 endlinks (? i'm assuming C5 ?), is this still the commonly used solution?

Finally, whats the deal on the collars? My kit did not come with anything. Is this something I need to get myself, or do I contact Hotchkis, or is it something I just don't need?

BTW, I'm impressed with the quality of the bars themselves. Definately beefy.

-ChrisThe plated/braced brackets are for the front, the plain for the rear.

James at Lindsay can get you the Z06 endlinks; you'll need a couple of metric locking nuts (nylon insert ... can't recall the size). BTW, I found these to be a b!tch to put in ... don't how others fared on this effort.

If the front bar does NOT have the integral (i.e. welded-in) plates to prevent side-to-side movement, then you absolutely should have the collars. Call Drew about that one.

Yes, they are nice bars, aren't they? Just need a little more effort at their end to make them perfect. :rolleyes:

Florian
12-27-06, 09:21 AM
you only need the Z06 endlinks if youre lowered, if not the stockers are just fine. I have a set of Z06 links if you need em...bought em when I was thinking about lowering.....PM me if interested.

F

atdeneve
12-27-06, 10:38 AM
With the Z06 endlinks, we have to drill out the holes in the bars, right? Are there any options out there that doesn't requiring drilling of the bars? Also, are the Z06 endlinks teflon coated; do they squeak?

trukk
12-27-06, 12:12 PM
With the Z06 endlinks, we have to drill out the holes in the bars, right? Are there any options out there that doesn't requiring drilling of the bars? Also, are the Z06 endlinks teflon coated; do they squeak?

I'd like to know this also, seeing as I just brought Florian's set :D

-Chris

trukk
12-27-06, 12:13 PM
I'd like to know this also, seeing as I just brought Florian's set :D

-Chris

Now that sheep is some funny sh!t, ehh Florian ?
You know you're the man, when you have your own smilie.

-Chris

Florian
12-27-06, 04:18 PM
Now that sheep is some funny sh!t, ehh Florian ?
You know you're the man, when you have your own smilie.

-Chris

Like I said before...

I do good deeds, and no one says a word.
I do my best to help others, and no one says a word.
I give to local charities, no one says a word,
BUT FOOK ONE SHEEP, AND I GET A SMILIE!

F

rand49er
12-27-06, 07:29 PM
... BUT FOOK ONE SHEEP, AND I GET A SMILIE!Did the sheep one word?

Florian
12-27-06, 09:13 PM
Did the sheep one word?

of course, I always allow for re"butt"al

F

HiTechRV
12-27-06, 10:08 PM
Ewe wood.... :cool2:

Florian
12-27-06, 11:01 PM
Hey McCloud get off my ewe. (good thing Im Scottish)

F

Redline CTS-V
12-28-06, 07:09 AM
Scotland... Where men are men and sheep are nervous...

Florian
12-28-06, 09:31 AM
sheep lie.

F

calicadi
12-30-06, 02:10 AM
Yes, you'll have to drill the bars. Can't recall if I had to drill the mount point on the control arm, too. I don't think there's any option to drilling, unless you can find another suitable link that uses a smaller stud.

The Z06 links are quality, sealed units. Can't see what the material is since they are sealed, but I can tell you no squeaks.

rand49er
12-30-06, 07:49 AM
Yes, you'll have to drill the bars. Can't recall if I had to drill the mount point on the control arm, too. ...15/32" drill bit is perfect size. Control arm does not have to be done.

Correction to my earlier post: Florian is right; the Z06 links are needed ONLY if you are lowered as with the Ground Control kit. (Sorry.)

rand49er
01-03-07, 02:41 PM
Found box with brackets in it today on front porch.

Thanks, Drew !!! :D

trukk
01-03-07, 03:22 PM
15/32" drill bit is perfect size. Control arm does not have to be done.

Correction to my earlier post: Florian is right; the Z06 links are needed ONLY if you are lowered as with the Ground Control kit. (Sorry.)

Just to triple check then, while not neaded, it's OK to use the Z06 endlinks on a non lowered car with the hots bars, right?

-Chris

rand49er
01-03-07, 05:24 PM
Just to triple check then, while not neaded, it's OK to use the Z06 endlinks on a non lowered car with the hots bars, right?

-ChrisHey, Chris, I certainly hope I didn't mislead anyone when I posted that you have to install the endlinks with the Hotchkis bars. I am so glad Florian (... OOPS! I forgot, have to spell it FLORIAN ...) caught my mistake.

I ran with stock endlinks and the Hotchkis bars until I installed my GC kit. THEN I put the Z06 endlinks in.

While I don't know for certain, I believe the Z06 endlinks could be installed without the GC kit. Can someone confirm that for Chris?

I want to reinterate that I found it to be a PITA to install the Z06 endlinks ... had to fool around with them to get the threaded stems to pop into the holes on the bar end and the lower control arm ... darn thing looks twisted still.

DILLIGAF
01-03-07, 05:37 PM
Sent e-mail and have got no response yet.What should I do?????And out of nowhere a box appears on the porch with new brackets.

Thanks Hochkis!!!!!!!!

I see the name Richard Ramirez on the box,Thanks dude!!!!!!!

Florian
01-03-07, 06:43 PM
mine showed up today as well....thanks HOTCHKIS!

UPDATE: Installed them this evening (took about 1 hour to do) and took the V to the places that cause the clunk. Good news, no clunking, no rubbing, no noise. Im pleased. The ONLY issue I had was the zirks I got were straight up and down, I had to take the zirks from the old brackets and put them on the new ones...no biggie.

F

Tags63
01-04-07, 10:17 AM
Yep!!!!

I received mine too!! Thanks Drew/Rich!!!!

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ahahnu
01-04-07, 03:10 PM
I ordered mine on Dec 24. Well sent an email anyway. I wonder when it'll arrive.

rand49er
01-04-07, 03:18 PM
... The ONLY issue I had was the zirks I got were straight up and down, I had to take the zirks from the old brackets and put them on the new ones...no biggie. ...Yup. I noticed that, too.

I'll do mine in a couple of weeks (assuming this global warming thing is still going on here in the upper midwest).

ahahnu
02-15-07, 06:26 PM
Anyone else still waiting on these? I have sent a few emails, one about a month ago saying it will be another week and a half. I still have nothing, herd nothing else and going on a long trip in March.... Drew where are you?

ahahnu
02-15-07, 06:32 PM
Anyone else still waiting? I ordered them almost two months ago, and nothing still. This has been shiete from the beginning. The whole defunct group purchase last year, the clunk, no collar stays, now i can't even get brackets. Sigh. :helpless:

rand49er
02-15-07, 06:41 PM
Call him. I think he's overwhelmed, and emails just get lost.

The squeaky wheel is the one that gets attention.

So, start squeaking, but on the phone. :thumbsup:

onebadcad
02-23-07, 10:44 AM
I sent Drew an e-mail six weeks ago, today the brackets were delivered.

Dreamin
02-23-07, 11:55 AM
They were out of stock forever and just got a big batch in on Tuesday. Everyone should have their new ones this week.

tweeter81
02-23-07, 12:45 PM
Too little too late. I had to use some brackets that had been modified by another forum member. On the one hand, they work great; on the other hand, it is ridiculous that someone should have to wait almost 3 months to get some parts as simple as these. I am not happy with Hotchkis and I don't mind if everybody else knows it.

ahahnu
02-23-07, 04:42 PM
I have sent numerous emails, and finally called on Thursday last week. I was told that they were receiving a new batch of material, was going to put them together and send out Monday. When I came on, I saw this thread bumped and hoped this was the end result. I seriously hope there is a little box on my door step. I am not happy between all the extra parts you need for these bars and how longit took in the first place to get them. I bet Chip Foose and the Overhaulin team have no problems when being taped for TV.