: Battery for Key Fob?

Dreamin
12-17-06, 05:00 PM
What type of battery fits the Fob? Can someone tell me what all is printed on the battery.

Dreamin
12-18-06, 12:37 PM
Anyone... help... pls...

Kadonny
12-18-06, 12:43 PM
Battery type 2032

I replaced mine with the Duracell DL2032.

ctsvett
12-20-06, 01:13 AM
NICE ONE FOR THE FAQ!!!

I dont get around here as much anymore (life has gotten busy).. people need to catch these for me and send me an e-mail!

Reed

Kadonny
12-20-06, 08:41 AM
W00t, go me!

STS-V key fob takes the same battery Reed, just for info.

Flyin-Ryan
12-20-06, 10:59 AM
Im wondering if my battery is dying. It doesnt have much range. My 03 impala would work from my 6th floor office window across the lot to my car. This fob for my CTS is like 50'

lawfive
12-20-06, 11:07 AM
What type of battery fits the Fob? Can someone tell me what all is printed on the battery.

Dreamin! Long time no talkie! Howzit hangin'?

Im wondering if my battery is dying. It doesnt have much range. My 03 impala would work from my 6th floor office window across the lot to my car. This fob for my CTS is like 50'

Short keyfob range is an intrinsic feature of our vehicle of choice. Yet another design flaw that there's no apparent excuse for. If you drive a CTS, don't plan on being paripatetic...

Kadonny
12-20-06, 01:59 PM
Short keyfob range is an intrinsic feature of our vehicle of choice. Yet another design flaw that there's no apparent excuse for. If you drive a CTS, don't plan on being paripatetic...

I disagree Lawfive. I think the V keyfobs are pretty good. My wifes Ford Expedition is the absolute worst. Literally, if you are not 5 feet from the truck and pointing it at either a door or the rear hatch, it does not work.

But yes, poor range and intermittant working is a sign of bad battery. I replaced one battery in my CTS-V after only 8 months. It worked sometimes, other times not.

AmesCTS-V
12-20-06, 02:33 PM
I thought GM intentionally decreased the range on these because women were unlocking the car from far away and car jackers were jumping in the car or knew what car to sneak up on sooner. Or something like that...

Holmes815
12-20-06, 06:23 PM
I disagree Lawfive. I think the V keyfobs are pretty good. My wifes Ford Expedition is the absolute worst. Literally, if you are not 5 feet from the truck and pointing it at either a door or the rear hatch, it does not work.

But yes, poor range and intermittant working is a sign of bad battery. I replaced one battery in my CTS-V after only 8 months. It worked sometimes, other times not.

I have to disagree, it definitely is similar to your Expedition; I've replaced my battery and I still have to be at most 15 feet away for it to work. It's obnoxious, especially compared to my 79 Lincoln that had a viper in it and could be activated from literally a block away if held up to my chin. :)

--James

Flyin-Ryan
12-20-06, 08:30 PM
it and could be activated from literally a block away if held up to my chin. :)
--James

People laugh at me but youre right, it works!

ctsvett
12-21-06, 12:02 AM
Mine has always only worked from about 15 feet away.. I even talked to a GM person about this one time looking for solutions, but its black magic some of this stuff..

However, the STS-V works from bout 300 yards away.. I even started a STS from my office about 300 yards away (on the 4th floor).

Its in the technology and the design and the sts got the new stuff and the CTS did not...

Reed

kueh
12-21-06, 03:11 AM
My remote is kinda weird. Sometimes you have to be about 5 feet away. Sometime it'll work from 15 to 20 feet away. So when I park the car I walk away and I press my lock button. Good thing for OnStar. I never remember if I heard my horn to lock or if my car was locked or not. I keep on calling OnStar to have them lock the doors for me.

Kadonny
12-21-06, 07:38 AM
However, the STS-V works from bout 300 yards away.. I even started a STS from my office about 300 yards away (on the 4th floor).

Its in the technology and the design and the sts got the new stuff and the CTS did not...

Reed

Agreed, the STS-V fob works from much farther away.

Lawfive, my CTS-V remote always worked from 20-25 feet away. It unlocked the doors, but the seat positioning would not adjust unless I was really close. It was funny.

Still, the CTS key fob is way better than the Ford key fob IMO.