: How do you take the dashpad off a '91?

Destroyer
12-17-06, 03:21 PM
Putting new front speakers in the Fleetwood. I see the only way to do it is to take off the dash pad so I take the screws out from the sides and 4 from the vents. Thats all the screws I see but other than both ends it seems to still be very secure and I dont want to try to force it out and possibly do damage. Anybody now the right way to remove it?. Thanks.

90Brougham350
12-17-06, 05:21 PM
Yup, standard GM 7mm screw-bolts, long ones. There's one in the glovebox and one above the speedo. Feel the plastic above the speedo, you'll feel a little hole. Same thing in the glovebox, a 1/4" socket fits great.

Highway Star
12-17-06, 07:15 PM
Once you get all the screws/bolts out, slide the pad towards you before lifting it up (straight back towards the seat). There's 2 clips that hold the dash down and sliding it towards you frees them up.

Destroyer
12-17-06, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the help but I cant seem to get those two bolts out. They turn and turn and turn but dont come out. What a PITA!. Any suggestions?. Thanks again.

Highway Star
12-17-06, 08:11 PM
Had the same prob recently with those same 2 bolts on my 79. Seems like they were just spinning. I lightly raised up on the pad to put some light pressure on them. Don't turn them too fast and don't push too hard on the socket/driver.