: Well guys, time to say goodbye......sort of.

Kadonny
12-17-06, 09:51 AM
Well, the day has finally come. I have mixed emotions about it. :confused:

After months of dealing with the oil consuming issues and other more minor problems, I struck a deal yesterday on a new car.

So I guess I officially get kicked out of this forum...........and have to move over a page to my new forum :thumbsup:

Black on black STS-V. I'll be swapping it out sometime this week.

So does everyone hate me now?

svassh
12-17-06, 09:54 AM
Congrats, sorry the mid-life crisis is over for you. However you are moving onto old man status in style.

urbanski
12-17-06, 09:59 AM
still a V, and yes i hate you because i'm JEALOUS! :worship:

CIWS
12-17-06, 10:05 AM
Yeah I hate you, but you know why too :thumbsup:

Actually will be interested to hear your take on the differences. Yeah we all know the obvious, stick vs auto, heavier car, etc. But will still care to hear impressions.

tweeter81
12-17-06, 10:13 AM
No haters here. Good luck with the new ride.

urbanski
12-17-06, 10:21 AM
ya its not like he chose a prius. i'd love a sts-v.....alongside mine. actually, how about an SRX-V for those of us needing a larger ride

OldRoadDawg
12-17-06, 10:43 AM
Congrats!
I'll curious to hear how the STS-V behaves during our PA winters. Keep us updated.

wildwhl
12-17-06, 12:31 PM

Whadya mean now? I always hated you - bastage :hide:

Enjoy the new ride and have fun hanging out with the old guys :crowded:

GT04CTS-V
12-17-06, 01:06 PM
So I guess I officially get kicked out of this forum...........and have to move over a page to my new forum :thumbsup:

Glad you finally figured out that black is the fastest color.

Enjoy the new ride!

GT

ChicagoCTS32
12-17-06, 01:18 PM
ya its not like he chose a prius. i'd love a sts-v.....alongside mine. actually, how about an SRX-V for those of us needing a larger ride

Drool... S/C N* with AWD!? :ride: Kinda chubby, but damn it would be quick.

Good luck over there Kadonny... I'm pretty sure there are only about 3 people. Did you get that killer deal from Chesrown?

Way to move up in the world... glad you didn't take CVP route and get a dodge.

Hockeydad
12-17-06, 01:54 PM

After months of dealing with the oil consuming issues and other more minor problems, I struck a deal yesterday on a new car.

Congrats on the new V...a V is a V and all "V"s ROCK!!:thumbsup:

heavymetals
12-17-06, 01:59 PM
Congrats.

Did you realize that you are changing everything except the rear end ?

urbanski
12-17-06, 02:05 PM
ahaha oh man the curse of the diff

First Class Motoring
12-17-06, 03:18 PM
so am i the only one with two V's:stirpot:http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/caddiyesso-Picture_024.jpg

urbanski
12-17-06, 03:22 PM
so am i the only one with two V's:stirpot:http://www.clubcts.com/upload/posted/caddiyesso-Picture_024.jpg

:worship: black grilles too

damn dude...:woohoo: :cloud9: :domo:

rand49er
12-17-06, 03:53 PM
Kadonny, good luck with that car ... just point and shoot! :thumbsup: Now, is your left foot gonna get lonely with nothin' to do?

12-17-06, 05:26 PM
My offer still stands to take care of the Firebird. That STS-V really needs to share the garage with a golf cart, not classic muscle.

Sorry you had such a rotten time with the CTSV. If I had as much trouble as you did I would probably have bailed too. Not sure if I would have had the stomach to go for a caddy again, even though I live near the best caddy service department on the planet. I admire the fact that you are giving the General another shot.

Hopefully the STSV works out better for you.

First Class Motoring
12-17-06, 07:42 PM
:worship: black grilles too

damn dude...:woohoo: :cloud9: :domo:
shouled get the 3rd V soon :lildevil:

bbmurphy1
12-17-06, 08:19 PM
Once you go Black you never go Back!!!

First Class Motoring
12-17-06, 08:25 PM
Once you go Black you never go Back!!!
:yeah:

The Tony Show
12-17-06, 08:34 PM
Be prepared to be bored to death in the STS-V forum. I think they get a new post once every three days or so.

:Poke:

Jon
12-17-06, 08:38 PM
shouled get the 3rd V soon :lildevil:
How the hell are you affording all that? I want in! :D

First Class Motoring
12-17-06, 09:36 PM
working my ass off :D

Jon
12-17-06, 09:40 PM
working my ass off :D
Doing what though? Seriously. I'm 20 and I'm in school, but I'd love to hear any good ideas, since I'm not exactly sure what I want to be doing.

MLV
12-17-06, 09:48 PM

Maybe. How about three?:alchi:

:banana:

Chef
12-17-06, 09:52 PM
Is there room for the walker?:stirpot:

Have fun and let us know the differences...I'll have something to share too by then...

MLV
12-17-06, 10:08 PM
Is there room for the walker?:stirpot:

Have fun and let us know the differences...I'll have something to share too by then...

:histeric:

L.A.P.D.
12-17-06, 10:37 PM

Kadonny,

We are having the same issue with oil consumption in our 2006 LS2 CTS-V. The car has about 9200 miles on the clock and it continues to consume oil. GM says it's normal, but I can't see that being true. The rings should have seated by now as the car has almost 10,000 miles on it. I am sure if the engine was factory fill with conventional oil instead of Mobil 1, the consumption issue would be much less or eliminated altogether.

We are working a deal with Martin Cadillac here in L.A. (AWESOME dealer by the way) as we speak to trade it in on a Silver/Black 2007 STS-V as soon as it arrives if their deal is what we are looking for.

Good luck with your trade deal and enjoy the awesome STS-V. It is one bad beautiful car!

Shawn

First Class Motoring
12-17-06, 10:48 PM
Maybe. How about three?:alchi:

:banana:
working on it :thumbsup:

First Class Motoring
12-18-06, 12:00 AM
Doing what though? Seriously. I'm 20 and I'm in school, but I'd love to hear any good ideas, since I'm not exactly sure what I want to be doing.
making my own hi-end car speakers. www.avi-usa.com

Kadonny
12-18-06, 07:35 AM
Thanks all for the kind words.

Urby, wanna ride :Poke: :thumbsup:

OldRoadDawg, luckily I have a beater 4x4 for those snowy days. The V won't be peeking its head out of the garage when the road gets white.

WW, I hate you too bud :highfive: :thumbsup: but I'll still be hanging here since the other forum is a little slow :hide:

GTO4, I loved my Stealth Gray, just loved it. I have however owned many many black cars and I love black too. See once I went black I still believed in color equality ;)

ChicagoCTS, no I dealt with General Sales, my dealer here in PA. They really made it happen for me and I am truly happy with how they handled it. Props to them. And somehow I just can't get myself to ever own a Mopar. I have always been a General Man.

Heavy, yeah I know the only kicker here is the rear. I just hope with the auto trans and some better torque control the rear will act a little better.

Rand49er. Believe me, I thought long and hard about this. I have been shifting pretty much all my life, but thankfully I still have 2 cars with manual trans for those times when I get the itch :highfive:

6104696, I had the 68 out yesterday. Ran like a top after not having it out for about 3 months. Sorry bud, she is home where she belongs :thumbsup:

Tony Orlando, yeah I'll still have to post here to keep my post count up :stirpot:

Chef, thanks I'll post my thoughts after I get to run it a bit.

L.A.P.D. Thats what bothers me so much about the LS2. It's not like this is the first time, but this is the second engine and it still burns a quart ever 1K? Something ain't right if you ask me. Did they get a bad set of rings or something similar? They must have. Good luck with your new STS-V too :halo:

So I guess the only question is...............mod or not to mod? :stirpot:

Silver Dollar
12-18-06, 09:41 AM
The only mod you need to think about is to your wardrobe.

It's nothing but sans-a-belt slacks and plantation shirts for you 'ol timer.