: MY NEW STS-European model

harryctsv
12-17-06, 08:12 AM
Hi,
last thurrsday I decided to buy a new STS and replace my 2000 DTS with this new one. I got it BRAND NEW out of the dealers showroom for a test drive and I love it.
Beside this one I also own an XLR and I think that`s a very nice car combination for a german.

Here`s a picture of my new one, it`s Thunder Gray with cashmere interior and all options beside 4 wd. I`ll get the car around next thursday when papers from Cadillac-Europe arrive here.

Harry
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0001.jpg

Cajonkev
12-17-06, 01:13 PM
Congrats Harry!

harryctsv
12-17-06, 02:09 PM
Congrats Harry!
Thank you Cajonkev,

my wife likes the stock grille more than the E&G mesh grille on my XLR - don`t know what to do!!!!

Harry

cmicasa
12-17-06, 03:11 PM
Congrads Harry.
I hope U don't mind but I shared your post with some peole over at the MT forum and the M&C Automobile Forum

http://www.atfreeforum.com/mcad/viewtopic.php?t=1515&mforum=mcad

soupero
12-17-06, 03:46 PM
Very nice Harry!

I'm happy to hear you finally decided to buy the STS! Perfect choice!

I must say, this is a very beautiful colour. The thing that makes it even better is that it has a V8 and Brembo-brakes!:cool2:

I am so jealous!

c5 rv
12-17-06, 04:50 PM
Very nice stablemates!

ascariSTS
12-18-06, 12:07 AM
Nice color... that's new for 2007... i think it's the best, along with black and diamond white...

congratulations :) ...

it's been a year since I thought of posting pics of my car (Euro STS V8 Black/Cashmere)... kept on delyain til now : P ...

harryctsv
12-18-06, 10:09 AM
Congrads Harry.
I hope U don't mind but I shared your post with some peole over at the MT forum and the M&C Automobile Forum

http://www.atfreeforum.com/mcad/viewtopic.php?t=1515&mforum=mcad
cmicasa, no problem, nice forum there!!!

BTW I`m 53 years old now and when I was 18 I started with a brand new 1973 Camaro 350 with a 4 on the floor.

Harry

harryctsv
12-18-06, 10:11 AM
Very nice Harry!

I'm happy to hear you finally decided to buy the STS! Perfect choice!

I must say, this is a very beautiful colour. The thing that makes it even better is that it has a V8 and Brembo-brakes!:cool2:

I am so jealous!
Hi my Belgium friend!

Thank you, hope to get it before X-mas (waiting for papers from Cadillac-Europe)

Harry

harryctsv
12-18-06, 10:13 AM
Very nice stablemates!
Thank you c5 rv,

yes, and both are export models with NO speed limiter:thumbsup:

Harry

harryctsv
12-18-06, 10:18 AM
Nice color... that's new for 2007... i think it's the best, along with black and diamond white...

congratulations :) ...

it's been a year since I thought of posting pics of my car (Euro STS V8 Black/Cashmere)... kept on delyain til now : P ...
Thank you ascariSTS,
I think the color-combo of Thunder-Gray/Cashmere looks great. When I test drove it I found out that the Brembo brakes are much better than the ones on my XLR. I would say the best brakes in an Cadillac since ever.

It`s funny, on the export model the brakes are from the STS V and the wheels of the CTS V with 255`s all around.

Hey, Black/Cashmere looks good too:thumbsup:

Harry

soupero
12-18-06, 01:09 PM

Where are you from if I may ask?

ascariSTS
12-19-06, 01:55 AM
Thank you ascariSTS,
I think the color-combo of Thunder-Gray/Cashmere looks great. When I test drove it I found out that the Brembo brakes are much better than the ones on my XLR. I would say the best brakes in an Cadillac since ever.

It`s funny, on the export model the brakes are from the STS V and the wheels of the CTS V with 255`s all around.

Hey, Black/Cashmere looks good too:thumbsup:

Harry

I came from a Lexus... Cadillac Brakes are much better... I was really amazed by them...

The model I have is a typical Euro STS... but with Domestic STS Wheels... I'll post pics soon...

Yea most dark colors look good, Thanks :)

ascariSTS
12-19-06, 01:56 AM

Bahrain :) ...

harryctsv
12-19-06, 06:04 AM
Kitzingen - Germany

Harry

harryctsv
12-19-06, 06:10 AM
I came from a Lexus... Cadillac Brakes are much better... I was really amazed by them...

The model I have is a typical Euro STS... but with Domestic STS Wheels... I'll post pics soon...

Yea most dark colors look good, Thanks :)
How many miles or km you have on your STS? I know my STS is not speed-limited at 155 mph or 250 kph - is yours?

I`ll hope to post some good pics sometimes next week, still hope the papers arrive before X-mas.

Greetings

Harry

c5 rv
12-19-06, 09:34 AM
Harry, I assume that is a dealer plate on the STS. In Germany, do you keep the dealer plate on the vehicle until you receive your own plate? Or, are you a dealer?

harryctsv
12-19-06, 09:55 AM
Harry, I assume that is a dealer plate on the STS. In Germany, do you keep the dealer plate on the vehicle until you receive your own plate? Or, are you a dealer?
Nope, I`m no dealer!
Here in Germany the dealers have the red license plates that`s for test drives only and you can use them approx. one day. I just wait for the papers for the car and if I have them I get the license plate right away.
Dealer just called me and said the papers should be in by tomorrow or thursday.
I have already a reservation for plate # KT OK 888 fit`s good to my XLR`s plate KT XL 888.
Here in Germany you can see on any plate what town are you from KT is standing for Kitzingen (in Bavaria).

Hope I could help a little on this

Harry

BTW NAIAS is starting soon, I was over there in 2003 for three days to see the Cadillac SIXTEEN - I see you are from Michigan:)

c5 rv
12-19-06, 12:59 PM
BTW NAIAS is starting soon, I was over there in 2003 for three days to see the Cadillac SIXTEEN - I see you are from Michigan:)

Yes, when I worked in downtown Detroit a few years ago, we would walk over to Cobo Hall on a slow weekday afternoon. Well, slow meaning you could actually walk around and see all the cars without mobs of people.

Rauf
12-19-06, 03:18 PM
Thank you Cajonkev,

my wife likes the stock grille more than the E&G mesh grille on my XLR - don`t know what to do!!!!

Harry
Congratulations, Harry! The car is great.
But I also guess the stock grill is better.

jhschlak
12-19-06, 07:02 PM
Sweet ride Harry!
I was in Bavaria 2 years ago, driving on the Autobahn was one of the best experiences I have ever had! I wish I could take my STS for a ride on it. Have you always lived in Germany? By the way those pavers in your driveway look cool too.

ascariSTS
12-20-06, 03:18 AM
How many miles or km you have on your STS? I know my STS is not speed-limited at 155 mph or 250 kph - is yours?

I`ll hope to post some good pics sometimes next week, still hope the papers arrive before X-mas.

Greetings

Harry

I have now 30,000 km... just did the 30,000 service...

I don't know about the speed limit coz i don't go beyond 180 km/h... but according to 2000 STS (seville), it's not limited... can go up to 270 I believe...

it's been a year now since I bought it... it's brilliant, eye-catching, and far above my expectations... reflect the personality I like to be... to have a car that looks like an executive car with sporty character...

Never had major problems til now ( and hope will not, even minor)... minor problems you may go through are:

- once the AC started doing a (farting) sound... that was happening when switching the air recirculation... heavy lubrication on the switch arm solved it... thanks to ewill3rd

- we had dusty days... really dusty... check engine light went on... everything was fine with the engine except this light was on... They replaced a part called "Throttle Body" and it went off...

"Check engine" light wasn't a problem for me since everything else was functioning properly... I was going to wait for the next service and maintainance people told me it's no big thing... but when it's on, you cant do a remote start... so i had to fix it...

Enjoy your ride :)

harryctsv
12-20-06, 02:20 PM
Sweet ride Harry!
I was in Bavaria 2 years ago, driving on the Autobahn was one of the best experiences I have ever had! I wish I could take my STS for a ride on it. Have you always lived in Germany? By the way those pavers in your driveway look cool too.
Thank you jhschlak,
you are right, I love so many things in the USA beside your speed limits.

I´m german (maybe with an american heart) and I had my XLR up to 289 kph ( 179 mph) but the fastest I went on the Autobahn was 304 kph (188 mph) with my C5 Vette I`ve had before my XLR.

A friend of mine who drives the new STS had his up to 276 kph (171 mph) and I`m sure mine will do the same.

I pick it up tomorrow morning....lol bye bye DTS - welcome STS

Harry

harryctsv
12-20-06, 02:28 PM
I have now 30,000 km... just did the 30,000 service...

I don't know about the speed limit coz i don't go beyond 180 km/h... but according to 2000 STS (seville), it's not limited... can go up to 270 I believe...

it's been a year now since I bought it... it's brilliant, eye-catching, and far above my expectations... reflect the personality I like to be... to have a car that looks like an executive car with sporty character...

Never had major problems til now ( and hope will not, even minor)... minor problems you may go through are:

- once the AC started doing a (farting) sound... that was happening when switching the air recirculation... heavy lubrication on the switch arm solved it... thanks to ewill3rd

- we had dusty days... really dusty... check engine light went on... everything was fine with the engine except this light was on... They replaced a part called "Throttle Body" and it went off...

"Check engine" light wasn't a problem for me since everything else was functioning properly... I was going to wait for the next service and maintainance people told me it's no big thing... but when it's on, you cant do a remote start... so i had to fix it...

Enjoy your ride :)
ascari STS, good to hear!!!!!
If the new STS is the same GOOD as my DTS was, it`s gona be a great car.

One thing what disturbs me on my DTS all the time on Autobahns was the speed-limiter, which kicks in at 210 kph (130 mph).
After brake in for the first 1000 km (600 miles) I will see what my new STS is able to do. I`ll let you know!

BTW the export models in germany don`t have the remote start.

Harry

ascariSTS
12-22-06, 07:02 AM
Yea that's right... I was told that DTS is limited but STS is not...

anyways, try and let me know ... i'm not willing to drive at such speed : P

No remote start !!... How come they removed that feature?... don't tell me it's another safety stuff... doesn't make any sense... it's a great feature... : (

harryctsv
12-23-06, 03:03 PM
Yea that's right... I was told that DTS is limited but STS is not...

anyways, try and let me know ... i'm not willing to drive at such speed : P

No remote start !!... How come they removed that feature?... don't tell me it's another safety stuff... doesn't make any sense... it's a great feature... : (
I don`t know why there`s no remote start, even the FOB doesn`t have the button.

I hope to have time over cristmas to do some nice pics of it and I`ll post some.

Merry cristmas to you

Harry

bigdog9586
12-23-06, 07:32 PM
It is optional and comes in a package.
===============

I don`t know why there`s no remote start, even the FOB doesn`t have the button.

I hope to have time over cristmas to do some nice pics of it and I`ll post some.

Merry cristmas to you

Harry

harryctsv
12-24-06, 04:07 AM
It is optional and comes in a package.
===============
Hi Bigdog, no. that`s not the reason and as far as I know it got to do something with the radio-frequency.
My STS is equipped with anything. like ACC, Tuscani-leather, HUD - just all.

Harry

soupero
12-24-06, 12:57 PM
You can only get like 3 options on the Euro STS, compared with the US STS you have to add all the options you want.

The STS here is loaded, everything is standard (navigation, xenon,...)

harryctsv
12-24-06, 01:27 PM
You can only get like 3 options on the Euro STS, compared with the US STS you have to add all the options you want.

The STS here is loaded, everything is standard (navigation, xenon,...)
that`s right soupero:thumbsup: here are two pictures I took 3 hours ago
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0007.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0009.jpg

Merry Cristmas

Harry

ascariSTS
12-25-06, 01:18 AM
that`s right soupero:thumbsup: here are two pictures I took 3 hours ago
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0007.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0009.jpg

Merry Cristmas

Harry

What a nice color :)

soupero
12-25-06, 12:52 PM
Looks great, I like the cadillac logo next to the back doors!

Could you take some pics of that?

harryctsv
12-25-06, 12:58 PM

Thank you soupero, that`s the wreath and crest, I bought this while visitung the USA.

Tomorrow I`ll take a picture and will post it here.

Merry Christmas

Harry

harryctsv
12-26-06, 11:36 AM

Soupero,

here`s the picture, went out a little today to put some kilometers on....lol

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0021.jpg

here`s another one

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/harrysxlr/PICT0012-1.jpg

enjoy

Harry

Ron1818
01-05-07, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I am from Vienna and am also considering to buy a Cadillac STS.
I am currently driving a 2002 MB C320 and tried recently following cars:
Lexus GS 300, MB E350, BMW 530i, Honda Legend (Acura RL) and the Cadillac STS 3,6.
The Mercedes E350 is a perfect car but also boring and I am not crazy about the design. The BMW is a pure driving machine, however, I don't like the interior look and the i-drive. The Lexus looks good but with over 6" it is impossible to find a good driving position. On top of it the trunk is small and I felt that the suspension was somehow harsh.
I really liked the Honda Legend (RL). The only downside was also the stiff suspension. They have tuned it very sporty here in Europe, too much.
Last but not least I was really very pelased with the STS 3,6.
It handles well, the ride is good, it is unique (at least here in Europe) and looks inside and outside very good. My main concern is the after sale service which is very poor so far in Austria. Almost no choices where to go etc...On top of it the resale values of Cadillacs in Europe are very low but then again, I am not buying a car in order to think about its resale value.
Second question is wether to consider the 3,6 or the V8.
Harry, is your V8 equipped with the 6 speed auto? Are you satisfied?
What is you average fuel consumption?

Thank you for your feedback,

Ron

ascariSTS
01-05-07, 06:21 PM
Hi,

I am from Vienna and am also considering to buy a Cadillac STS.
I am currently driving a 2002 MB C320 and tried recently following cars:
Lexus GS 300, MB E350, BMW 530i, Honda Legend (Acura RL) and the Cadillac STS 3,6.
The Mercedes E350 is a perfect car but also boring and I am not crazy about the design. The BMW is a pure driving machine, however, I don't like the interior look and the i-drive. The Lexus looks good but with over 6" it is impossible to find a good driving position. On top of it the trunk is small and I felt that the suspension was somehow harsh.
I really liked the Honda Legend (RL). The only downside was also the stiff suspension. They have tuned it very sporty here in Europe, too much.
Last but not least I was really very pelased with the STS 3,6.
It handles well, the ride is good, it is unique (at least here in Europe) and looks inside and outside very good. My main concern is the after sale service which is very poor so far in Austria. Almost no choices where to go etc...On top of it the resale values of Cadillacs in Europe are very low but then again, I am not buying a car in order to think about its resale value.
Second question is wether to consider the 3,6 or the V8.
Harry, is your V8 equipped with the 6 speed auto? Are you satisfied?
What is you average fuel consumption?

Thank you for your feedback,

Ron

Did you try the V6 STS without Magnetic ride control and with 17" wheels ???

it will be soft with 17" wheels and no Magna ride... but before you make a quick decision and buy the V8... try it with 18" wheels and Magnetic ride suspension... it's stiff... much better handling and body leans, but stiffer...

As for the dealer, most GM dealers have poor after sale services... but I don't really care about that coz whenever I want to complain there is a special number for the regional GM office that I can call and complain on anything... and the dealer will do whatever I want them to do...

The dealer's service is bad but after all GM have such a great customer care division... i can always turn to them...

Ali

FSU_Noles
01-05-07, 08:38 PM
Harry,

Beautiful Cars!! You must be the envy of your neighborhood. I am jealous that you live in Germany - it has been years since I last visited. I lived in Germany for years as a child (Wiesbaden) and I have visited many times since, most recently spending three weeks in Germany in September of 1999. As part of our trip we had to visit Octoberfest and I must say that the the Dürkheim "Wurstmarkt" was much more fun. I would live there in a second if it weren't for the fact that I would miss my "American" Football too much :eek: -- oh and it gets cold.

I plan a trip back to Germany when my daughter is old enough to appreciate the history and the culture.

How are insurance rates for such vehicles and displacement in Germany?