: Is there supposed to be a headlight reminder on my '79?

Highway Star
12-16-06, 10:46 PM
Is there a warning buzzer on '79 models when the lights are left on (headlight/parking)? I've left the lights on my '79 CDV a few times as there is no warning reminder. The manual mentions a warning buzzer for cars with the "Twilight Sentinal" option, but my car has the regular headlight set-up (no Twilight or Guide-matic).

caddieboy
12-17-06, 01:35 AM
Is there a warning buzzer on '79 models when the lights are left on (headlight/parking)? I've left the lights on my '79 CDV a few times as there is no warning reminder. The manual mentions a warning buzzer for cars with the "Twilight Sentinal" option, but my car has the regular headlight set-up (no Twilight or Guide-matic).

I'm pretty sure you can have a reminder installed for pretty cheap.

creeker
12-17-06, 12:39 PM
My 80 cdv. has the twilight,it also has the warning buzzer when I leave my lights on.I have the de eleagance pkg?.

gscott73
12-17-06, 04:54 PM
I have a 79 with the same set up and it has no reminder. I thought it a bit odd as well, but I guess you had to buy the Twilight package to get the alarm.

caddydaddy
12-17-06, 05:03 PM
My '79 SDV has Twilight Sentinel and it does have a buzzer.

Highway Star
12-18-06, 11:02 AM
Well alrighty then...looks like I'll have to get some aftermarket gizmo! :coffee:

Benzilla
12-18-06, 07:56 PM
My '79 has the guide-matic headlights, and it has a buzzer, horrid sound, I hate it. my '90 has a nice chime, is there any way to install a chime on the '79? I don't remember what my '83 has, I hardly ever drive it at night anymore.