: How do you get to the headlight bulbs?

Pittsburgh05sts
12-16-06, 04:08 PM
I am looking to replace the headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs on a 2005 sts,does anyone have a walkthrough or know what is needed to get the headlight out to replace the bulb..i bought a set of blue lights for the lowbeam and the fog light and it looks like its going to be tough i dont even know where to start everythings hidden.:bonkers:

STS2002
12-18-06, 11:19 AM
I can tell you that it is not going to easy. You have to first take the front inner wheel well plastic out. Next the under shield has to come off and then the front bumper. Once all of this is off you will have access to the light housing. They make it very difficult to change the bulbs. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Pittsburgh05sts
12-18-06, 12:51 PM
I figured it out yesterday, i was reading that you did need to take the front bumper off but i didnt even remove mine,it was actually pretty easy it took about 15 minutes for each side,i didnt have to remove anything from the car..but i appraciate the help i just hope i dont go trying to change my reverse lights,i couldnt imagine how difficult they are haha

STS2002
12-18-06, 12:55 PM
I was thinking about changing the reverse lights with LEDs, so if you do figure out how to do it, let me know! :-)

jcc
12-19-06, 05:07 PM
Pittsburgh05sts: Can you please tell us how you changed the headlight bulb without removing anything? That would be extremely useful
Thanks

BirdJC
12-20-06, 12:19 PM
Fog lights are not too bad, but I did have to remove a few of the plastic pins that hold the inner wheel well in place. Then I could snake my hand up behind the liner and unscrew the large black plastic cover that sheilds the foglight bulb. Just don't get it confused with what I think is the front airbag sensor thats white and sits just below the fog light.. darn thing looked just like the bulb holders thats on my truck so I thought they were it....whoops.

BMBSALES
01-01-08, 09:54 AM
Pittsburgh05sts: Can you please tell us how you changed the headlight bulb without removing anything? That would be extremely useful
Thanks

has this been answered somewhere, cause i can't see how.

bmb

brewhaha9th
01-03-08, 12:21 PM
I am looking to replace the headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs on a 2005 sts,does anyone have a walkthrough or know what is needed to get the headlight out to replace the bulb..i bought a set of blue lights for the lowbeam and the fog light and it looks like its going to be tough i dont even know where to start everythings hidden.:bonkers:

I figured it out yesterday, i was reading that you did need to take the front bumper off but i didnt even remove mine,it was actually pretty easy it took about 15 minutes for each side,i didnt have to remove anything from the car..but i appraciate the help i just hope i dont go trying to change my reverse lights,i couldnt imagine how difficult they are haha

Would like to know how you did this?? any details would be great. looking to do the same thing and replace my high beams, marker lights(corner) and Fogs to match my HID's (lows) with Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs.

TobyJohnson11
01-13-08, 05:21 PM
Has anyone figured out if we have to remove the front bumper or not? I ask the dealer and he said the only way he knew how to get to the headlight assembly was to remove the front bumper. A $200.00 job. If it is possible to do it without removing the bumper someone please advise.

LLCoolJson
01-14-08, 06:04 AM
Do you know if the headlight replacement is covered under the warranty?

Bee iLL
01-14-08, 09:00 AM
The following thread someone explains how to change the low-beam bulb without removing the bumber
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/112789-headlight-removal.html

The following thread explains how to remove your front bumber. Doesn't sound too hard, maybe just a little time consuming.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/109553-removing-front-bumper.html

BMBSALES
01-14-08, 01:07 PM
yeah, that's complete nonsense.