: Avic D2 video while driving.

RichieRich
12-16-06, 02:34 PM
I just got done looking through a ton of old posts and can't find my answer so forgive me for asking the same question. I have a Pioneer Avic D2 & a seperate DVD player. I have it hooked up so I can see the video on the Avic & the dvd player. I even have the ground wire to the parking brake but when I drive I can't watch the video on the Avic... Anyone have an easy fix?

First Class Motoring
12-16-06, 03:28 PM
i think you have to hook it up to a swicted groung and on and off twice.give that a try,if it doe's not work i can find out from my installer on monday.

TheCaddyKidd
12-16-06, 05:04 PM
i think something has to be soldered or something like that..

yourgmsolutions
12-16-06, 09:02 PM
here is what I did. on your Avic main harness you have a empty pin. you need to insert wire in there and ground it along with brake wire. it will unlock everything on your nav.

Synergetic
12-17-06, 07:13 PM
I got a speed sensor and parking brake lead. I grounded both of them, disables it all. Thats on an AVIC-N3.

Sloppy D
12-17-06, 07:39 PM
GM Geek has the correct answer for the D2 bypass.

TheCaddyKidd
12-17-06, 10:27 PM
do you ground them both to the same place or to separate grounds? also should they be put on a switch so they are only grounded when switched or does it not make a difference? lastly.. can it be grounded to the ground in the wire harness or should it be separate? thanks

Sta11ion
12-18-06, 01:17 AM
AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

RichieRich
12-19-06, 03:58 PM
here is what I did. on your Avic main harness you have a empty pin. you need to insert wire in there and ground it along with brake wire. it will unlock everything on your nav.

This is probably a dumb question but when you say ground it you mean just ground it to metal or to a screw? I'm sure the answer is yes but I just want to be extra sure so I don't fry the radio. Thanks for all the help guys!

Synergetic
12-19-06, 05:40 PM
This is probably a dumb question but when you say ground it you mean just ground it to metal or to a screw? I'm sure the answer is yes but I just want to be extra sure so I don't fry the radio. Thanks for all the help guys!

There is a wiring harness that goes into the back up your deck. There is a ground there (Black Wire), connect it here. And yes, grounding is also to metal, screw, etc.

RichieRich
12-20-06, 01:29 AM
I did it.. Something didn't go right or I have to reset something because now I no longer have the option to select AV on my headunit... The nav, CD, Radio & XM all still work fine but AV isn't highlighted anymore so I can't select it.

DLE
12-20-06, 09:08 AM
I did it.. Something didn't go right or I have to reset something because now I no longer have the option to select AV on my headunit... The nav, CD, Radio & XM all still work fine but AV isn't highlighted anymore so I can't select it.

Do you have an option to select "set up memory"?? If so, play around with that, because on my Kenwood, it can lock and unlock the AV. Hope that helps.

RichieRich
12-20-06, 05:04 PM
I figured it out.. It was all done right, I just had to go into the settings & select AV... Anyway, It's all good, thanks for the help everybody.

DLE
12-20-06, 06:40 PM
Glad you figured it out.

My two headrest monitors are connected to my double din that I just got installed. ANyways, the other day, all of a sudden, both of my headrest monitors read "NO SIGNAL" and the screen was blank. I was like, oh shit, something must've came loose.

Well, i played around in the settings too, and I had to select the AV mode, and it came back up. lol. I was freaking out for a bit, but everything was cool all along. :thumbsup:

Nolimit124
05-09-08, 01:06 AM
hey i have a pioneer n2 navigation too. I need some istall help with it. Like what kind of wires and everything i need and like how to get the bose sound bypass. I need to know exactly what to get and what to do. THis is my first install, but i'm curious to see if i can actually do it myself for once. I have taken them out but never actually put them in. Howe difficult is it to do it. Fyi i have a 2002 escalade with a bose system. Also where should i put the brain in the car?