: 1999 SevSTS w/cd/cass/changer Bose - Easy Swap Navi?

Tamahome
12-16-06, 12:15 PM
I recently purchased a 99 seville sts with the bose system and have been reading through the audio forum to see if I could find a quick and dirty answer to this question with no luck. I've seen various posts for different models/units/etc but not an answer I was sure applied in my situation.

What I have:
99 Seville STS
Bose HU (CD/Cassette)
CD Changer in Arm Rest
ONStar (phone in Arm Rest)

What I want:
OEM Navi Unit (something that fits with minimal work/mutilation)
DVD or MP3 ability a big plus but a good navi unit is my main desire.
The ability to retain my onstar

Is there a Navi unit that can be mostly plug and play in my situation without destroying everything? What options do I have and what would I gain/give up?

I appreciate the knowlege of you guys here as I've seen in my search that there are a lot of knowledgable tinkerers out there - so I thank you in advance for your aid.

dp102288
12-16-06, 07:40 PM
OEM looking or actual OEM from GM? I think there is a way, ETC will probably chime in, he knows.

It you don't need OEM, but want a good look, any non-flip double DIN nevigation unit would work fine. But I am not sure how Onstar would work with that...

CadillacSTS42005
12-16-06, 08:29 PM
pends on WHICH navi you buy...
if you get the right one i can get alot to work but i cannot guarentee onstar or voice command of the unit...

Tamahome
12-17-06, 12:29 AM
pends on WHICH navi you buy...
if you get the right one i can get alot to work but i cannot guarentee onstar or voice command of the unit...

That's most of my question to be honest, which one *is* the right one to fit what I outlined. I'm a little lost on that answer since there seem to be several flavors of the OEM. If I T-Totally lost the onstar ability and that was it, I'd not be so worried to be honest. As of right now I can't use it anyway since it was used and set up for someone else. No Idea how to get it turned on for me as of yet.

That being said, I would like the OEM navi unit to retain the driver 1/2 memory like the stock bose if it can. I was thinking that would be one of the benefits of the OEM over an aftermarket.

CadillacSTS42005
12-17-06, 01:48 AM
it will maintain 1/2
you need to buy a denso dvd navigation system
not the cdrom one