: Has anyone removed "GM" badges?

Acropolis
12-16-06, 07:26 AM
I finally had time to go down yesterday and pick up my '07 STS. The first thing that caught my eye when I went to take delivery was that they stuck a huge plastic chrome dealer badge on the trunk :cursin:. It is partially my fault because I mentioned when I first started looking that I didn't want anything put on the car, but I forgot to remind them when I officially told them I wanted the car. That was the first thing to go when I got home (the license plate frame was second).

While I was looking over the car I started thinking about removing the little square GM badges behind the front wheels. Has anyone done this? Are they just stuck on with adhesive? Can I remove them with a heat gun? I don't want to damage the paint, but I think the car would look much cleaner without them.

Thanks in advance,
Acropolis

Caroutisine
12-16-06, 02:08 PM
Don't have them on mine since it's an 05. But I do know that they are just stuck on other GM cars, the Corvette for sure. Try goo gone and gently lifting them off.

Acropolis
12-16-06, 05:42 PM
I went ahead and applied a small amount of heat and they came right off. I then used some Goo Gone to clean off the residue. I put some fresh wax on afterwards since I am sure that the Goo Gone would have stripped any wax it touched (if there is even any on a new car).

To me it looks much cleaner without them.

Cluny
12-18-06, 04:39 PM
Funny u should mention it. Its exatly why i choose a 05 rathere than an 06 in the dealer lot the things just look plan silly and cheap.