: CTS-V in the snow!!

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 12:48 AM
While I was at work today, my wife backed the V out of the garage and snapped a couple shots :tisk: :thehand: :want: :rant2:

She thought it was hilarious...it rarely snows here, but today was pretty good!

Albertan
12-16-06, 12:58 AM
That's what I want to avoid. She will get it dirty!!! (will she wash it???)I'll have to email my daughter there, she wanted to avoid snow. I took my truck today when they said snow flurries.
Bruce

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 01:03 AM
I have only driven it one time so far!!! I bought a new F-150 last week, too, so I have been driving it everywhere - just waiting for dry weather. I am about to say 'screw it' and get the V wet. :D

PS - I'm at almost 1000 feet, so your daughter probably was fine.

Albertan
12-16-06, 01:09 AM
So you are up on those hillsides around town?? The BIG houses??
Bruce

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 01:12 AM
I actually moved to Camas, WA. But, yeah - it's a biggun :)

Got about 6.5 acres for the kids...

GT04CTS-V
12-16-06, 01:54 AM
Damn,

I had the friggen car for almost 2 years and it never saw rain nor snow.

You have it for a week and now it's in the snow. WTF :tisk:

:alchi:

GT

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 02:01 AM
Haha! I thought you might like that. I sent some pics to your email addy, too. I am having a really hard time not driving this thing. This car is just too cool to sit in the garage!!!

urbanski
12-16-06, 05:51 AM
was your hood popped? that gap is pretty big.
where are the pics of her doing donuts?

Feffman
12-16-06, 06:01 AM
Gents:

I was truly concerend about the CTS-V in the snow after the all-wheel-drive Audi. Two weeks after I picked it up, St. Louis received about 6 inches of ice and snow. The car did just fine with the Michelin Alpine snow tires.

We rarely get snow this early, even though we average only 16-18 inches of snow annually. I guess it's the "global warming" we V8 owners are causing!! :xgrin:

Feff

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 09:20 AM
was your hood popped? that gap is pretty big.
where are the pics of her doing donuts?

Good eye - yeah, she was trying to get a shot with the hood up, but couldn't find the latch. :cookoo:

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 09:22 AM
Gents:

I was truly concerend abou tthe CTS-V in the snow after the all-wheel-drive Audi. Two weeks after I picked it u, St. Louis received about 6 inches of ice and snow. The car did just fine with the Michelin Alpine snow tires.

We rarely get snow this early, even though we average only 16-18 inches of snow annually. I guess it's the "global warming" we V8 owners are causing!! :xgrin:

Feff

I have 2 4x4 vehicles in my driveway, so I can't justify taking it out in the snow...but I really want to!! :D

GT04CTS-V
12-16-06, 09:44 AM
Scott -

Here's my new V :cool:

All ready for the snow.

GT

http://users.adelphia.net/~gt4fore/f250.jpg

parexa
12-16-06, 12:12 PM
lol those tires are useless on ice

v-ape
12-16-06, 01:35 PM
I drive mine in ALL weather. Water wont hurt it. Just rinse the car off when you're done. Its the salt thats a killer.

I dont think I could ever have a car that I kept in a garage for the winter. Then again, I dont have a garage...

I like to play too much. Plus its on those cold, snowy days that the seat warmers / traction and stab. control actually become useful. Snow is fun as long as the parking lot is empty (and the electronic nannies are off).

HiTechRV
12-16-06, 03:45 PM
I got the optional Eagle F1's. The tire OEM web site says these are all-season tires, good for a "little" snow. Day 2 that I had it last week I drove it home on snow ground into ice. Rather exciting. I'm hoping the 80 lbs I put int the storage containers in the spare tire compartment helps. It certainly helps on dry pavements take offs and brings the car closer to a 52/48 weight split (becasue it is a little behind the rear axle, unloading the front slightly as well as adding weight to the rear).

This is my full time car so I'll be making it work for winter driving one way or another.

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 07:26 PM
Scott -

Here's my new V :cool:

All ready for the snow.

GT

http://users.adelphia.net/~gt4fore/f250.jpg

That thing is a beast. I test-drove an V10 F350, but ended up getting the 'little' F150 SuperCrew.

Dennisscars
12-16-06, 09:23 PM
V and snow should not be used in the same context...

Nice how she slide it all sideways and didn't take a pic of the dent on the driver side...:histeric:

BLACK_CTSV
12-16-06, 10:04 PM
Heheh - those are actually my 'donut' marks from the truck earlier :)

AmesCTS-V
12-16-06, 11:07 PM
I drove my V in the snow last winter. The biggest problem is clearance up front. I just got a ZR2 so I'm ready for the snow this winter.

BLACK_CTSV
12-17-06, 12:26 AM
I drove my V in the snow last winter. The biggest problem is clearance up front. I just got a ZR2 so I'm ready for the snow this winter.

I was thinking about this, as well - it would make a good plow, though ;)

mostoyzwinz
12-17-06, 06:04 PM
I drive mine in ALL weather. Water wont hurt it. Just rinse the car off when you're done. Its the salt thats a killer.

I dont think I could ever have a car that I kept in a garage for the winter. Then again, I dont have a garage...

I like to play too much. Plus its on those cold, snowy days that the seat warmers / traction and stab. control actually become useful. Snow is fun as long as the parking lot is empty (and the electronic nannies are off).

I'm out in the snow a few times each season. Most hazardous was the salt/sand/rocks kicking up and chipping up the front end. Michelin mud & snow tires (with no weight in trunk) were pathetic.

Thello
12-17-06, 06:53 PM
Nice to see that some V owners are not afraid of the elements. Had mine out in the snow/ice a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh. Did have the getup and go my Subaru had, but with Dunlop M3s on felt like I had control the whole time. Even purposefully pushed the limits on some empty roads and the traction control kept things pretty good.

Of course my driving impressions in the snow are greatly biased by the fact that I do not want to give up driving the V in the winter and have to justify the $1K spent on the M3s to my wife.

dvandentop
12-17-06, 10:23 PM
nice, now if i could just get mine to crank up :hmm:

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 08:37 AM
Anyone had any experience with good winter tires for the V. Im looking to buy right now and will be taking my car to my house in June Mountain (Mammoth area) pretty soon. Even though I shouldnt be taking the 400hp rwd vehicle up there...

mostoyzwinz
12-18-06, 10:11 AM
Anyone had any experience with good winter tires for the V. Im looking to buy right now and will be taking my car to my house in June Mountain (Mammoth area) pretty soon. Even though I shouldnt be taking the 400hp rwd vehicle up there...

Do a search. I recall reading that some Canadian V drivers found some snow tires they like.

Wienk
12-18-06, 04:01 PM
I am into my third winter using Dunlop M3 runflat snow tires. First winter in Illinois, second two in Bend, OR. If the snow is fresh and not slushy, it's manageable with caution. :eek: If it's icy or slushy, forget it! A few weeks ago we got caught out after a couple hours of fresh, early season snow at about 32 degrees... we almost didn't make it home. Got passed by a lady in a Subaru! Fortunately, we have a Tahoe to drive in snow, and I drive the V whenever the roads are dry. The Dunlops last longer than the F1's by far, but on dry roads when it warms up, they have nowhere near as much traction.

ta206
12-18-06, 04:34 PM
You know, y'all could move down here to sunny South Florida and drive your V's whenever you want, like I do. It was 80 degrees today.
Forgive me, I just had to do that.

AmesCTS-V
12-18-06, 05:42 PM
You know, y'all could move down here to sunny South Florida and drive your V's whenever you want, like I do. It was 80 degrees today.

The snow gave me an excuse to get a truck:) But I'm still driving the V every day; we haven't had any snow yet.

BLACK_CTSV
12-18-06, 05:58 PM
The snow gave me an excuse to get a truck:) But I'm still driving the V every day; we haven't had any snow yet.

Me, too! I finally got to test out the 4wd :)

Albertan
12-18-06, 11:53 PM

Yes, but then there is hurricane season. Does your V float??
Bruce

HiTechRV
12-19-06, 07:44 PM
OK If I cannot push the snow out of the way, I guess it is a snow day, or slum it in one of the SHO's!