: Why do you like your Coilovers?????

pimpcaddy
12-15-06, 09:10 PM
To the guys that have them, I would like to hear your comments, both positive and negative about them. I have glanced at some of the other posts. What benefit will a "double" adjustment have over a "single"? An opportunity has presented itself, so I might be getting some stainless steel coilovers.

Thanks,

Dave

CVP33
12-16-06, 01:45 AM
I like 'em

1) Car sits 1.5" lower
2) Fully adjustable ride height and dampening
3) MUCH better handling

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lunarx
12-16-06, 02:08 AM
Single Adjustable adjusts Rebound and Compression together, via a single control.
Double Adjustable adjusts Rebound & Compression independently, via 2 seperate controls.
You can get better ride and/or handling with Double Adjustable.

Either CO will allow you to corner balance the car, which also improves handling.
Sometimes a corner balance does not give the stance (rake) you envisioned.
Most people adjust ride height for looks but you will have the ability to adjust ride height for handling, which is the greater good - IMHO. :yup:

What CO's are finding their way to you?

v-ape
12-16-06, 02:39 PM
For those of you with coilovers, have you had your cars corner balanced? I thought that was the main point of them.

I have never had it done, but am thinking of it. How much does it help with handling? Also, do you notice a much stiffer ride? I live in DC and the roads here havent been very forgiving ever since the mayor threw a huge crack party for his friends on the city budget.

Dreamin
12-16-06, 11:45 PM
Yes, my car is corner-balanced. No, the ride is not much stiffer with the Ground-Control coil-over kit.

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 06:59 PM
Mainly better handling and I love the way my V sits. Not to low, just perfect.

DeputyDog
12-18-06, 07:19 PM
Pimpdaddy

Sorry for the thread jack but I have a brand new set of GC coil overs (500/550) that I don't think I'm going to use. They are still in the box. If you find yourself interested let me know.

Staxxin
12-18-06, 07:22 PM
Pimpdaddy

Sorry for the thread jack but I have a brand new set of GC coil overs (500/550) that I don't think I'm going to use. They are still in the box. If you find yourself interested let me know.

Shot you a note... I might be interested if they are still available.

DeputyDog
12-18-06, 07:33 PM
Shot you a note... I might be interested if they are still available.

Reply sent.

pimpcaddy
12-18-06, 08:17 PM
Lots of good information. Hush, hush for now as to what brand I am getting. But they will be "FREE". I will report back once everything works out.

Dave

DeputyDog
12-18-06, 09:16 PM
Lots of good information. Hush, hush for now as to what brand I am getting. But they will be "FREE". I will report back once everything works out.

Dave

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

calicadi
12-19-06, 09:44 PM
To the guys that have them, I would like to hear your comments, both positive and negative about them. I have glanced at some of the other posts. What benefit will a "double" adjustment have over a "single"? An opportunity has presented itself, so I might be getting some stainless steel coilovers.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm a little corn-fused :hmm:

Are you getting adjustable shocks and adjustable coilover mounts... or one or the other? Either way, are you getting new springs, too?

I just have the Ground Control coilover running 500/550 springs and the fg2 shocks (plus Hotchkis of course!). RGD has adjustable QA1 shocks. I think someone out there has Penske adjustable shocks.

pimpcaddy
12-20-06, 12:10 AM
I'm a little corn-fused :hmm:

Are you getting adjustable shocks and adjustable coilover mounts... or one or the other? Either way, are you getting new springs, too?

I just have the Ground Control coilover running 500/550 springs and the fg2 shocks (plus Hotchkis of course!). RGD has adjustable QA1 shocks. I think someone out there has Penske adjustable shocks.

Complete set-up with springs and shocks designed specifically for the CTS-v.

SLAB
12-20-06, 03:54 AM
Hey Pimpcaddy sorry to change the subject on you but I can't pm you because I don't have enough posts. Please leave me your phone# and will talk. The wheels maybe have 150 miles since I bought them from velose. Really want them to work but I'll find out tomorrow when I take them to the shop.

calicadi
12-22-06, 11:07 PM
Complete set-up with springs and shocks designed specifically for the CTS-v.

Cool! Well what I like best is being able to get the center of gravity lower. When you get it down 1 - 1.5 " and combine it with lower profile tires, an aggressive alignment and the sways, it takes on a whole diferent handling aspect. It's awesome (if that's not a totally overused adjective)!

HiTechRV
12-22-06, 11:31 PM
Seems like a double adjustment might let one do a soft compression but firmer rebound for special situations like good launches, and still go firm/firm for road courses.

pimpcaddy
12-22-06, 11:37 PM
I will make sure to print out this thread to bring to the Engineers that will be designing the new coilovers. 1st visit will be in January. I will keep everyone posted. BTW, my 19's are traveling via truck in California over the next few days. Saw them, they look great. Can't wait to have the completed set-up.

Dave

P.S. I guess Heavymetals was right. We all are doomed. Merry Christmas.

calicadi
12-23-06, 12:51 AM
If you're thinking of taking it into competitions with recognized bodies, you and the engineers should review classification rules where you want to compete. That was something good about the Ground Control setup. They engineered theirs using the stock pickup points. To do otherwise would put me into Modified classes where I'd be up against stripped and heavily modfied cars.

When you get this done, let's do a Hooter's thang!... Or (better) a Track Day!

atdeneve
12-23-06, 02:00 PM
Yup, you've got my mouth watering. Any info on who's engineering the suspension or is it strictly tight-lipped at this point?

Anyway, lookin' forward to some nice setup. Can't ever get enough handling. Whether it's just a laid back jaunt or a white knuckle run, it's something you can appreciate. Ya don't gotta be speed racer to experience that satisfaction you get from a perfectly poised ride, ya know? Just knowing/feeling the vehicle ready to pounce at your command, well, it's nice. Yeah, I'm salivatin.

vseries
01-09-07, 09:58 PM
Any new news on this??

pimpcaddy
01-10-07, 02:21 AM
No, nothing yet to report. I have been talking to my Buddy who is the Product Manager. Waiting to see when I have to drop off my car.

Dave

vseries
01-10-07, 05:17 PM
So the main advantage of this kit is it will be double adjustable?? How will the price compare to the GC's

pimpcaddy
01-16-07, 05:07 PM
UPDATE: I will be driving my V to my buddy's work this coming Thursday, January 18th. He expects that they will need it for no more than a week.

After I get the car back, I guess it will be at least a couple of weeks before I have to return the vehicle for installation.

Dave

calicadi
01-17-07, 02:34 AM
Can you ask them to take pictures of the components before the install?

pimpcaddy
01-17-07, 11:11 AM
Can you ask them to take pictures of the components before the install?

Absolutely.

Florian
01-23-07, 04:11 PM
Absolutely.

Whats the dilley with these at this point????

F

pimpcaddy
01-23-07, 04:23 PM
Whats the dilley with these at this point????

F

The dilley is that KW Automotive has my car and is working on the coilovers. Not sure when the Engineer will be sending the data to Germany for fabrication of the coilovers. KW will also be doing sway bars for the V.

Dave

Florian
01-23-07, 04:26 PM
The dilley is that KW Automotive has my car and is working on the coilovers. Not sure when the Engineer will be sending the data to Germany for fabrication of the coilovers. KW will also be doing sway bars for the V.

Dave

Excellent news, keep us updated. :worship:

F