: Service

drive190
12-15-06, 09:57 AM
How do Cadillac service departments work? If you buy at one dealer, can you take to different dealer if not happy with their work? Warranty issues mainly? 3-4 dealers in a 18 mile radius. Thanks for advice.

hcvone
12-15-06, 11:36 AM
You can take your Caddy to any dealer for service or warranty, of course the dealer your purchased your truck from MAY do things for you like nicer loaner cars if that is needed.

DLE
12-15-06, 12:12 PM
What he said ^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

The dealer I took my lade to, washes my truck for free after every oil change. :thumbsup:

hcvone
12-15-06, 12:52 PM
My dealership offers that too, but they know since I do not let them detail my truck when it come in, they do not even ask if i want it washed. ;)

Guyz1996deville
12-15-06, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't be hesitant to actually call the customer service department of corperate and voice your concern to them. More than likely they will contact the dealership you had the work done at and tell them to do it right. sometimes you will get a survey on there work then. I found that the Corp reps. have alot of impact on the quality of service.

DLH
12-15-06, 01:24 PM
sometimes you will get a survey on there work then. I found that the Corp reps. have alot of impact on the quality of service.

You are dead on with the survey observation. Every single time I visit the dealer or have anything done they want me to fill out a survey. In fact one went so far as to tell me the area he was having problems in and asked that I note any improvement as he has been focused on that area. The surveys are probably tied back to compensation or at least some sort of recognition. I always complete the customer survey card no matter what the situation or who the retailer is. That puts it on record.

TheCaddyKidd
12-15-06, 03:06 PM
you are allowed to bring it to any dealership for service if it is under warranty however if you have a big problem some dealerships will put you off completely.. when i purchased my durango i would bring it in for service at a local Dodge dealer over going out to the one i purchased from.. they took me right away when i had oil changes and whatnot but when it came to a warranty problem where the rear differential breaking down on me they wanted nothing to do with it and told me that they wouldnt be able to look at if for a month.. and i was like wait what?? and then they guy said he was told that he wasnt supposed to take any work like that unless the truck was bought from them...