: Is there a resell market for my '06 EXT?

rzundel
12-15-06, 12:38 AM
Okay, many of you have seen my resent thread on spending $20K on upgrades on my new '06 EXT. I appreciate all your feedback and admit that I spent a bit in excess. I had fun doing it! However, my compulsive drive has kicked in and has me thinking about what's next? I've only had the EXT for about 5 months and completed my upgrades about 3 months ago. I have been thinking about replacing the 24" wheels with 26" wheels just to achieve the perfect finished look I desire.

Before I spend anymore money on my '06 I want to be realistic with my expectations. Now that the '07 is out I know that I am ultimately going to want to move to the new model. It's just a matter of time.

So, my question to this forum is do you think there is a market for my upgraded '06 if I decide to sell it now? It currently only has 4000 miles on it. What do you think I could realistically sell it for? 5 months ago the MSRP was around $60K and I got about $7K off sticker. I put around $20K in upgrades.

I would be interested to get your thoughts?

TheCaddyKidd
12-15-06, 01:11 AM
honestly you are not going to get much for the upgrades you have done.. most people overlook the additional money spent.. i would say since you can get a brand new 06 for around 50g's now but for your truck as is you might get somewhere in the 50's if that... i saw an 06 with 10,000mi being sold for an asking price of like 37,000.. overall i would say you should get mid/high 40's to low/low 50's

parexa
12-15-06, 01:37 AM
IMO you should keep your ext because its value is much higher than you could possibly get by selling it. And it looks great! 02-06 model is still very hot and judging by the pictures the 2007 model makes 26"s look small:duh:

Synergetic
12-15-06, 02:51 AM
IMO you should keep your ext because its value is much higher than you could possibly get by selling it. And it looks great! 02-06 model is still very hot and judging by the pictures the 2007 model makes 26"s look small:duh:

Agree with this. I also agree with people overlooking the additional money that is spent. I had a buddy who owned Ludacris's old EXT, but it had the same wheels in 26s (looked similar to the one in this thread). In fact, the actual truck is pictured at the following link:

http://www.dubedition.com/escalade/escalade.html

From the last time I talked to him, he ended up only getting $35,000 for it. It has Lexani bodykit, Strut grille, and some interior work as well. The leather seats had black seude inserts. Everything flowed together well and I was surprised it sold for so little. Especially only after a few months after the 07 came out. The website says 24's, but those are actually 26s. And the headlights weren't actually cleared. To come to think of it more, thats one good looking EXT!!

Synergetic
12-15-06, 02:55 AM

I know a guy who said he was putting 30's on an 2007 Escalade ESV. I'll try and get pictures. This was a while ago.

hcvone
12-15-06, 06:56 AM
As someone who has spent a lot on money modding all my cars/SUV's, rule of thumb is you will probably get on the high end of the price range of what stock trucks are bringing, maybe a few grand more. When you mod a car/SUV you are only doing it for yourself. I have friends and customers that have purchased Lingenfelter twin turbo Corvette's and spent 130k with the car, a year later they are selling them at 60k. Some times you luck out and a buyer is looking for just what you have, so start your pricing on the high end, you can alway go down. :)

Guyz1996deville
12-15-06, 12:23 PM
I would supercharge and drop the truck. Right now I belive that you can get 0 percent financing on something new. That is probally why you got 7k off. I would stick with it and dress it up a bit more.

rzundel
12-15-06, 02:39 PM
I would supercharge and drop the truck. Right now I belive that you can get 0 percent financing on something new. That is probally why you got 7k off. I would stick with it and dress it up a bit more.

When you say drop the truck I assume you mean lower? It has been lowered with a 2/3 drop already. Do you suggest it needs to be lower? I had a magna charger on order and cancelled it because of warranty issues. What I have done already with the air intake and exhaust have given me about 40-50hp that is very noticable.

Guyz1996deville
12-16-06, 08:16 AM
I would just say drive and enjoy then>>>

rzundel
12-18-06, 03:59 PM
I would just say drive and enjoy then>>>

There is no question that right now I am enjoying my ride! It's an incredible vehicle. I am simply trying to explore whether or not there is a market for my EXT if I elected to sell it now and get an '07? I realize that I am not going to recover all my sunk cost on depreciation and the extras, but I am trying to figure out if it is even worth trying to pursue a sell at this time?

bass10after
12-18-06, 08:19 PM
It sounds like you have your mind made up to me. You might as well get rid of that dumpy piece ; ) and get the 07 while you can get more for your truck. The longer you wait the less you'll get and you already know you don't want to keep it. Just go with the george foreman motto: "set it, and forget it"

rzundel
12-18-06, 09:39 PM
It sounds like you have your mind made up to me. You might as well get rid of that dumpy piece ; ) and get the 07 while you can get more for your truck. The longer you wait the less you'll get and you already know you don't want to keep it. Just go with the george foreman motto: "set it, and forget it"

LOL!! Leave it to you bass10after to have the brilliant response! You also had great words of wisdom on my last thread.

Dif
12-19-06, 02:02 PM
There is no question that right now I am enjoying my ride! It's an incredible vehicle. I am simply trying to explore whether or not there is a market for my EXT if I elected to sell it now and get an '07? I realize that I am not going to recover all my sunk cost on depreciation and the extras, but I am trying to figure out if it is even worth trying to pursue a sell at this time?
Whether you trade or sell outright,.. the longer you wait,... the less you're going to get.
I'm not being sarcastic but, if you want to answer you're own question, just go to a dealer and start looking at the 07's and sit down and see what they offer you for your 06 towards a new 07.
I was shocked when I went to my dealer 6 months ago how little they wanted to give me for my 04 with only 11,000 miles on it.
I'm picking up my 07 this afternoon and the best I could get for my 04 was $32,500 with only 13,000 miles on it.
You know you're not going to recoup your total investment so your best bet is to sell outright and hope you find someone looking for what you have and willing to pay more than usual because of the mods you did to it and the fact that it is pretty much new being an 06.
Don't know if you've driven an 07 yet but if you haven't,.. and you go drive one,.. you are going to want one.
Best of luck what ever you do.
Your 06 does look really Great BTW:)

yano
12-23-06, 12:09 PM

I had a Twin Turbo 03 Corvette Z06, i dumped over 100k in uprgrades on turbos, engines, transmissions, rear end, roll bars, interior, body kit, carbon fiber hood, etc. car was one of a kind.

I sold it for 50k, a used 03 stock Z06 goes for 35k. So I think you can get a little more than a standard EXT maybe 5-7k more.

:yup:

Kickboxer
12-24-06, 02:55 AM