: Any1 see this video??

TheCaddyKidd
12-14-06, 09:31 PM
i was searching the internet and found this video of Autoloc's automated lambo door kit.. if you fast foward to like 40 seconds in it shows them in action.. i would think this would be a bad idea.. i cant see them working all that well in areas that have any kind of winter.. i mean maybe in places that dont get htat cold but im from NJ.. and i know sometimes in the winter the door freezes shut and to me i would think that if you tried opening the doors like that you would break something.. just thought id share the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNB0dLJVFcc

jrs05caddyext
12-14-06, 10:54 PM
tight. that was the 1st set of motorized lambos that I’ve seen. one of my boys has motorized butterfly doors and no problems out here in so cal. I do see it being a bad thing in extreme cold temps.

Synergetic
12-15-06, 12:20 AM
Ouch... don't get stuck in it while its coming down. I never liked the look of them. I like the way the door shuts on an Escalade.

EXTadic
12-15-06, 08:23 PM
I don't know why anyone would want doors that open like that. Do they think that someone would mistake their cars for lamborginis or SLR's ? or Were these just kids who missed playing with their "Transformers" or what?

Rolex
12-15-06, 09:11 PM
I don't know why anyone would want doors that open like that. Do they think that someone would mistake their cars for lamborginis or SLR's ? or Were these just kids who missed playing with their "Transformers" or what?

:postcount: Points inbound for this post! :D

RichieRich
12-16-06, 09:50 AM
I hate those doors...

Nasty Black Lac
12-16-06, 01:00 PM
waste of time, money & resources...

Slapshot
12-16-06, 05:41 PM
"I don't know why anyone would want doors that open like that. Do they think that someone would mistake their cars for lamborginis or SLR's ? "

I'm not about to spend the dough to get it done to my Escalade, however, it sure would cut down on the "door dings" from swinging your door open in a parking lot would it not?

A lot easier to get into and out of the vehicle from the undersized parking spots that seem to be appearing everywhere you go these days... Hmmmmm?

Rolex
12-17-06, 01:16 PM
I'm not about to spend the dough to get it done to my Escalade, however, it sure would cut down on the "door dings" from swinging your door open in a parking lot would it not?

A lot easier to get into and out of the vehicle from the undersized parking spots that seem to be appearing everywhere you go these days... Hmmmmm?

The problem with this logic is that the door dings are never caused by me opening my door onto someone else's vehicle. I'm more considerate than that. The dings come from other inconsiderate jackarses that don't pay attention to other people's vehicles.

I'll wager nobody that adds these doors to an Escalade does so for any practical reason. If you're making an over-the-top show vehicle I could see having them. Otherwise they're a waste, and unattractive IMHO. YMMV

Slapshot
12-18-06, 10:02 PM
"I'll wager nobody that adds these doors to an Escalade does so for any practical reason."

Probably not... However I did give you two reasons...

Escolade
12-19-06, 01:07 AM
Allow me to speak from experience that if you put lamborgini doors on a daily driven car, you will hate yourself for doing it. They are extremely awkward for entering and exiting the car, and it takes longer as well. Plus take into serious consideration how many people are actually going to notice your doors? After a while, it just gets old. Like I said, I speak from experience and as time goes on, it's no fun.

Synergetic
12-19-06, 01:53 AM
Allow me to speak from experience that if you put lamborgini doors on a daily driven car, you will hate yourself for doing it. They are extremely awkward for entering and exiting the car, and it takes longer as well. Plus take into serious consideration how many people are actually going to notice your doors? After a while, it just gets old. Like I said, I speak from experience and as time goes on, it's no fun.

Agree, like spinners. Only the doors are more of a hassle.

EXTadic
12-19-06, 02:02 AM
Agree, like spinners. Only the doors are more of a hassle.

What, spinners are played out? Damn, I hope I can still get my money back. Now what if traded those for a set of 15x8 rally wheels w/comp t/a's white letters out. I bet those would look "tight" on my EXT?

Synergetic
12-19-06, 04:54 AM
What, spinners are played out? Damn, I hope I can still get my money back. Now what if traded those for a set of 15x8 rally wheels w/comp t/a's white letters out. I bet those would look "tight" on my EXT?

What are you talking about man? What part of the country you live in? Because i'm pretty damn straight sure they are by far PLAYED out!!!

TheCaddyKidd
12-19-06, 05:09 AM
they are played out but no matter what if a nice car/truck rolls up with them they still look nice.. i mean yea a civic with spinning hubcabs or a non-lux car with them does look a little dumb but everytime i see a nice luxury car with them i cant help but be in awe.. there is a lexus gs in my town.. car is white with the zab judahs on it.. looks sweet everytime.. but like i said.. when a dodge or chevy rolls up it just doesnt look the same as when they are on a luxury car.. i dont know why.. you can have an avalanche next to an ext or a yukon next to the regular lade but the Cady will always look better with them.. unless its a Denali idk.. just my view on the spinners.. i thought about throwing add on spinners to the 20's i just bought.. alot of people were like where are the spinners and blah blah.. so i might just get them and see what they look like..

EXTadic
12-19-06, 11:03 AM
What are you talking about man? What part of the country you live in? Because i'm pretty damn straight sure they are by far PLAYED out!!!

I'm in Los Angeles. I understand news may be slow getting here or that we may not be caught up with the rest of the country as far as trends as concerned. But that's no reason to volley personal attacks on me. I'm just a "nut" from the valley

Synergetic
12-19-06, 03:00 PM
I'm in Los Angeles. I understand news may be slow getting here or that we may not be caught up with the rest of the country as far as trends as concerned. But that's no reason to volley personal attacks on me. I'm just a "nut" from the valley

Spinners are the new thing man. Buy em' or get off the road. :gives: