: V has a new roommate in the garage

byucelt
12-14-06, 07:50 PM
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Great looking SUV and performnace that is ridicolous to say the least. Interior materials are subpar at best, kind of like the V. There are a few mods out there that can be done to make the GC accelerate in 911 TT, F-430 and so on territory. So far this thing is a blast even though it is automatic.

CVP33
12-14-06, 07:55 PM
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2006 Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Great looking SUV and performnace that is ridicolous to say the least. Interior materials are subpar at best, kind of like the V. There are a few mods out there that can be done to make the GC accelerate in 911 TT, F-430 and so on territory. So far this thing is a blast even though it is automatic.

I got to drive one of these at the SRT Track experience. When one comes near you - GO! The GC SRT8 is the fast 0-60 vehicle I've ever experienced. 4.5 seconds with no wheel spin. I drove it on the slalom course and it holds it's ground well. Wish my wife wanted one. As for the interior, believe it or not, it's the best of the SRT-8 bunch by a long shot. :thumbsup: Congrat's on the purchase.

austin
12-14-06, 08:17 PM
The Grand Cherokee SRT-8 is a rocket ship!!! :thumbsup:

BLACK_CTSV
12-14-06, 09:26 PM
Nice! I looked at them, as well. You get a black one?

Tags63
12-14-06, 09:31 PM
Hey!!

Yea, I checked them out already too last year. This is going to be my wife's next SUV since she hates driving cars. That way i'll have the best of both worlds!!! HEE HEE HEE........

Paul

VELOSE
12-14-06, 09:47 PM
I was considering the GC SRT8 not too long ago. Then I noticed my Denali is basically a GM version of that. Only thing is, it's not quite as fast or as agile. I'll consider a GC SRT8 in the future when GS Motorsports doesn't blow motors with their supercharger kits.

byucelt
12-15-06, 01:41 AM
it is black and has all the options aside from the rear DVD player. GS Motorsports and Hennessey engineering have a few trick engine mods that can make GC SRT-8 insanely fast.

NEW77GUY
12-15-06, 02:54 AM
Very nice vehicles. Keep your gas card handy though...they seriously suck down fuel at a comical rate. You will not believe how rediculously bad milage it gets. But who cares right?? Take some pics of that baby and post 'em! :D

byucelt
12-15-06, 04:43 PM
The gas mileage for the V is bad when you really get on it, compared to the Jeep at full throttle the V seems like a prius. I really did not even consider gas mileage when I bought either of the cars. You really can not make fuel consumption a priority when you buy a high performance vehicle.

:alchi: :alchi:

ahahnu
12-15-06, 05:17 PM
Definately looks sick and has the balls to back it up! Just likethe V, great choice.

MAybe I haven't been on in a while or read all the threads... Nice to see Chris stirring the pot.