: CTS-V owners in Austin, TX?

RCSinfo
12-14-06, 03:09 PM
This is my first post to this forum, I've been reading through it for the past few days as I research my next car. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences online, its great to get the honest insights from owners.

So, I am seriously considering a used 05 or 06 CTS-V. From reading through old posts, it seems like the level of satisfaction that owners have had with their cars is pretty closely related to the treatment by their local dealer. For those of you who live or travel through Austin - what has your experience been with the dealer here? I found some posts from early 2005 where there were some mixed reviews of Covert Cadillac. I figure they have now had three years to figure out the CTS-V - how have they been lately? Do any of you guys have unresolved issues with them?

P-Funk
12-14-06, 03:14 PM
Howdy and :welcome: from a fellow Texan. Sorry, can't help with any info about Covert Cadillac, though.

punkhaus
12-14-06, 03:14 PM
Woot. Covert has been good to me from a service side. The sales people are clueless. I knew more about everything in the showroom then they did; however, they're nice so it's not all bad. Goto Melissa in service, she'll take care of you, and the V owners always get a little extra love - plus a loner for service. All in all, it's been a good experience. And, the car is a total blast.

Leeman
12-14-06, 05:22 PM
I'm in Round Rock. I bought my 2005 from them (Covert) back when they had employee pricing. They traded for my car from a dealer in Grapevine. The transaction went smoothly and they didn't screw me around. I haven't had my car serviced there (yet - I do my own oil changes and nothing has gone wrong with the car).

-- Lee

digital1021
12-14-06, 05:51 PM
Well, this is my first post, but I just recently purchased a 06 CTS - V from Covert, and it was actualy a plesent experence. And the service department has been quite helpful and prompt. They have always had a loaner avalible for me when I have had the car in for service. Over all so far so good.

MikeF
12-14-06, 09:18 PM
I bought both our Caddys at Cavander in San Antonio after a salesperson at Covert acted like my wife couldn't afford one. Snooty. Cavander was fantastic both sales and service. They don't have closers or any of the high-pressure BSers like a Toyota dealer would and their service dept is primo.
However, Covert's service is good too, equally good, but Cavander is right downtown in San Antonio and I like to walk to the Menger and have breakfast while they service the cad.
Covert has a great waiting room: Starbucks, fruit and donuts, good reading. Yes they'll give you a loaner but it's an Enterprise rentacar and although the dealer pays for it, I personally dislike that company.
So do you live in Jester by any chance? I think there's 2 Vs here besides mine, a silver and a black. As a matter of fact I see a V about 3 or 4 times a week nowdays.

RCSinfo
12-15-06, 03:43 PM
Hello, Thanks for all the feedback about Covert's service. It sounds a lot more positive that some of the discussion from early last year. I think that perhaps the CTS-V had a little steeper learning curve for the service guys than other Cadillacs.

Anyway I live in N. Austin just North of Parmer - I don't have the CTS-V yet but I will probably pull the trigger on one soon if I can find one that I like.

joshdctsv
12-15-06, 06:53 PM
I work around Jester. I get to come out of our office complex and floor it up the huge 2222 hill every day :D

Covert is good about the loaner, but its not uncommon to have to wait 4-5 days for a service appointment. They once replaced my faulty radiator with another of the same type (rather than getting the new part number recommended by GM) so I always feel I need to doublecheck their work. They also disagreed with me about the diff additive until I proved it to them.

If I were you I'd hunt down a caddy certified V with an extended warranty. My only fear with this car is of the day it turns 50k miles.

Good luck, and I hope to see on you the road!

Tystik
12-15-06, 10:26 PM
Bought my 2006 V Infrared from Covert last Dec. Nothing but pleasant experience. Had in service twice, for an interrment wishshield wiper not working right, and seal leak on rear end. Both easy fix one day stuff. Went great. Real effort to please from all staff. If interested in a used one, I'm looking to sell mine. Love the car, just miss a truck. Would be happy to meet you and let you take a look at it and go for spin. Really does look and drive brand new. And would really suggest a 2006 vs 2005. I think many of kinks with the drive train were worked out in the 2006. Let me know. I work at Dell at Parmer so can't be far from from you. Ty cell 635-9729 wk 728-8316. Thanks!

Woody_MI
12-16-06, 10:26 AM
Hey Austinites,

I don't live in Austin, but I'm based out of there and visit up to 6 times a year. My office in Austin is near 183 and Cameron Rd. We'll have to try and get together the next time I'm there. Probably won't be for a few months, but I'll get there eventually!

harrison512
01-03-07, 10:58 PM
I live in Austin and just bought an 03 CTS, 5-speed, from a Mazda dealership. I took the car into Covert for 50k service and a number of warranty service issues.

My observations:

My car was in the shop 3x in December for over 2 weeks.
A couple service items were done incompletely but they were addressed on the following visits.
Though most items were covered under warranty, my car interior was scratched by a technician. The Service advisor insisted it was like that when I brought the car in, but when I escalated to the Customer Service Mgr, the trim pieces were replaced.
The 1st service advisor was a cranky guy who told me things like: "You must not have read the owner's manual" and "you probably did something wrong." I asked him to get me a body shop quote to buff out my car's paint, and 1 month later, after reminding him, he told me that the dealership wasn't interested in quoting.
On my 3rd visit, I asked for a different service advisor and got much better treatment.
The Customer Service Mgr and the Service/Parts mgr jumped on my complaints very quickly when I summarized the 1st two visits to them.
Covert gave me no charge Caddy loaners - I've driven 07 CTS, Escalade and DTS.
The woman in charge of loaners was also very friendly and helpful.

Though Covert is the only Caddy dealer in town, I think the helpfulness and responsiveness of the managers was a sign that they realize their competition are other luxury makes. My friends tell me glowing stories about the local Lexus and Infiniti dealer service so it was encouraging to have the Covert managers move so quickly to address my issues.